To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Cakey's

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
cakey
Treebeard

Cakey's

Post by cakey »

I'm pretty happy, but my main concerns are:

- Southampton's fixtures
- Siggy's form/price drops
- Welbeck's form.

The options I'm toying with are:
Forster -> Green
Betrand -> (Moreno/Dummet/Taylor/Coloccini)

I also had the idea of: Betrand-> Cheap Newcastle Def, Siggy-> Hazard, Welbeck-> Kane

Also any assistance with captaincy/bench choice for next week would be appreciated.

Thoughts?
Last edited by cakey on 24 Mar 2015, 01:32, edited 12 times in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: The 14/15 Cakey RMT Thread!

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd chose which cheapie out of Downing, Sakho and Sigurdsson you don't want and sell them for a base price player, so that next week you have two transfers to start shifting Southampton players and a bit of extra cash to play with.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

This might be blasphemous, but I'm not convinced by the minimum price bench for my current situation.
Considerations:
1. Even if I found 1-3m... who would i spend it on? I'm a long way off aguero or hazard.
2. I dont mind spending a bit extra to get fixture flexibility... sure siggy is on my bench this week, but its against arsenal, so is that such a loss?
3. The bench can capture price rises - sakho, siggy and downing have all gained me team value, offsetting their extra cost in the long run...

My point is that having a cheaper bench works out well if it facilitates an improvement. What would that be?

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Didn't use my transfer in the end. In hindsight should have used the transfer on bringing in a newcastle defender for a southampton one (wasting a transfer is similar to spending 4 points for a transfer...).

Benched siggy too, but overall pleased with 69 points.

The fixtures aren't particularly kind right now - arsenal vs manutd... still considering Green/Krul for Forster and Yun/
coloccini for bertrand or clyne.

I'll wait for the international though.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

I think Fabianski has decent enough fixtures that it's not worth 0.5 on a Guzan/Green rotation, so a 4.0 bencher seems the best option.

So I think I want to downgrade di maria in three game weeks for welbeck->Aguero.

I'm deciding between:

Clyne -> Yun
Di maria -> Chadli

and

Clyne -> Cahil/azpi
Di maria -> Boyd

There's also a city defender/keeper option with Lei/cpl/wba/bur/sun looking very tasty...

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

34 Points, with Forster, Clyne and Bertrand still to play. Pretty average it seems. I'll take it considering 3 of my first 11 didn't play.

I'm eyeing Welbeck -> Aguero for gameweek 14.

The question is how to fund it.

I'm set on forster -> 4.0, but that's not urgent this week as fabianski will play. I'll likely bring in Yun too.

The questions is then either downgrade di maria and then go with a premium chelsea defender, eventually looking something like:

Or downgrade siggy and go with someone like dummet.

Thoughts?

cakey
Treebeard

Re: The 14/15 Cakey RMT Thread! GW 12

Post by cakey »

Sahko is the main injury I'm concerned about. I'm worried he'll miss the next 2-3 GWs, due to the midweek schedule.

Toying with:
Forster :arrow: Elliot (Get the backup for Krul incase I bring him in for fabianski)
Clyne :arrow: Yun (With a higher ownership, clyne will likely drop further if these fixtures go poorly)
Sahko :arrow: Bony (Swansea's fixtures look good)

The alternative is:
Forster :arrow: Elliot
Clyne :arrow: Azpi
Sahko :arrow: Austin

Thoughts?

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Went with Elliot, Azpi and Austin in the end. Turned out well - 51 points with baines to play.

Costa is out. Doesn't seem worth pulling him out, and if Di Maria is injured then that seems to settle:

DiMaria :arrow: Boyd
Welbeck :arrow: Aguero

I'm just worried about no decent subs going into this period. Maybe by downgrading Bertrand/Chambers I can squeeze in a crystal palace midfielder in place of Boyd...

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

I'm pretty happy with those transfers! 80 (-4) points brings me to 13138th place :)

I'll likely save the transfer this week, but toying with some ideas:

A
Costa :arrow: Kane
Boyd :arrow: Hazard

B
Baines :arrow: Hutton
Downing :arrow: Silva

There's also some sort of Fabregas :arrow: Hazard option, but I'm not sure where I'll make up the funds...

Some of the players I'm watching:

GK
  • Courtois
  • Guzan
D
  • Clyne
  • Cresswell
  • Dummett
  • Hutton
  • Yoshida
  • Yun
  • Wasilewski
M
  • Walters
  • Jedinak
  • Bolasie
  • Oscar
  • Hazard
  • Eriksen
  • Silva
F
  • Bony
  • Sahko
  • Kane
  • Bojan

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - GW 15

Post by cakey »

24 with siggy and fabianski to go. Not ideal, but still a green arrow - hopefully none of the teams tomorrow bite me. Rooney, soton cleansheet, aston villa cleansheet and a big westham/bony win have the biggest potential to really ruin the week for me.

Sadly benched wisdom over chambers, hoping benching downing and bertrand don't bite me.

Injuries and suspensions have hit me hard this week. Aguero in particular is frustrating due to my recent purchase but it affects everyone.

City still have great fixtures... Yaya, silva and Dzeko surely have to be in the mix. Seems like a good time to bring Hazard in too, using raised money from Aguero who obviously has to go if it's more than 1 fixture (which is looking very likely).

Chambers is not such a rush as I have great options for next game week. 4 at the back is even an option and let austin sit for week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - Into a suspenseful GW 16

Post by cakey »

Preliminary Ideas

Fabregas :arrow: Hazard
Downing :arrow: Yaya Toure
Chambers :arrow: Yun
Aguero :arrow: Dzeko

-8 points. Leaves me with 0.0 in the bank, so I'll have to pay attention to price changes tomorrow.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Literally nightmare scenario. Hutton goal, Westham/Bony win and Fabianski gets sent off!!??

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

OK. Nightmare. 4 Transfers made for a (-8).

Fabregas :arrow: Hazard

Gets the price changes and lets me play a Chelsea midfielder at home to Hull

Fabianski :arrow: Hart

I had planned to keep Fabianski until the Jan wildcard. But having no starting goalkeepers means that getting Hart's great fixtures seemed a good choice.

Chambers :arrow: Hutton

Chambers will still likely get playing time but Hutton has good fixtures until the WC

Aguero :arrow: Sahko

By far the hardest decision. I would have liked to wait a bit, but I needed to free up the money. I was also considering Bony/Benteke/Kane/Rooney/ManCityStriker.
My thoughts are, bring in a hot west ham striker for Sunderland and Leicester before transferring out before Chelsea, and use the time to see how City line up. If Dzeko is starting then he is likely to come in.

This leaves me with 6.1m in the bank, and playing a 4-4-2. But should be good for next GW.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - GW17 The Baines of my existence...

Post by cakey »

73 Points. Not too bad.

Baines keeps on disappointing. Away to Southampton next is hardly inspiring either.

Shame about Azpi too, but lots of people in the same situation. Siggy is keeping quiet too, but can't expect huge returns every week for 7m.

Eyes on Zabaleta, Kane and Giroud still. Boyd->Silva/Nasri/Eriksen/Dimaria still seems like a good option, but will probably just bank the transfer for now.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

I have absolutely no idea who to captain though. I miss Aguero!

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

63 with Sanchez, Azpi, Hazard, Costa to go. Pretty good.

Make a straight up mistake - boyd behind a WBA defender on the bench.

Boyd-> Silva and Zabaleta were transfers I nearly pulled the trigger on, so painful to see them do so well, but then I captained Austin, so can't feel to hard done by!

Tempted to do Boyd, Siggy :arrow: Eriksen, Silva

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - Austin all over the place (GW18 update!)

Post by cakey »

80 points, up to the top 10k!

Transfers made into GW18:
Boyd :arrow: Silva
Hits the nice man city fixtures with Silva in an advanced role. I have money to spare.

Sahko :arrow: Kane
Sahko has tough fixtures at Chelsea/Arsenal. Kane looks good, and more importantly is cheap. Hopefully I'll bank some money from the rises.

Zabaleta and Fabregas both tempting.

Captaining Sanchez, vice on Silva.

Also starting to look towards a WC on gameweek 22.

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - Austin all over the place (GW18 update!)

Post by cakey »

Analysis of my GW11-GW14.

Into GW11
I lost a transfer by not using it. Perhaps should have brought off one of the southampton players, but none of their replacements did too well.
Perhaps should have been more aware of man city/chelseas favourable fixtures. I just didn't have the funds.
A bit unlucky that siggy outscored away at Arsenal compared to downing and Sahko home to an out of form villa, I feel.
8/10

Into GW12
Again lost a transfer.
I discussed bringing in a chelsea/city defender, and perhaps should have paid more attention to hazard as a proven asset.
In hindsight should have transferred out Di Maria 2 weeks earlier than I did, but I think his injury was quite unfortunate.
Also, quite unlucky that all of Baines, Sahko and Downing didn't play. They were all 75% going in.
Overall I think this GW was just quite unfortunate.
7/10

Into GW13
Made 3 solid transfers:
Forster :arrow: Elliot
Clyne :arrow: Azpi
Sahko :arrow: Austin
Again in hindsight, could have taken out Baines, but he'd just come off of 4 huge GWs so hardly obvious that it was the right move.
Unfortunate that Costa got me 2 points as captain and Di Maria was injured, but many people would have been in the same position.
I regret transferring out Clyne rather than Bertrand. I mistakenly assumed Clyne would drop in value, but he didn't.
7/10

Into GW14
Inspired Transfers with
DiMaria :arrow: Boyd (9)
Welbeck :arrow: Aguero (c34)
Again, Baines at home to Hull was surely not a sensible time to pull him out.
Curious decision to play wisdom when their defence had been dire.
Equally Austin away was perhaps not the wisest of choices, but he had just scored against Chelsea.
Perhaps poor team selection, but 80 points so...
8/10

Anyone have any other thoughts on my decisions these game weeks?

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - Always a Silva lining (GW19)

Post by cakey »

Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 6.11.40 PM.png
100 points!
I'm pleased.

Concerned with Baines/Bertrand. Eyeing Fabregas/Zabaleta/Mangala/Debuchy. Happy to keep Costa until Aguero is back.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

You should be happy. Lots of similar teams climbing the rankings the last two weeks. Presumably you're around 3k now overall?

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Mav3rick wrote:You should be happy. Lots of similar teams climbing the rankings the last two weeks. Presumably you're around 3k now overall?
Yup 2904 :)

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Up to rank 1936, but pre Bony/Taylor/Fabianski/Siggy/Sterling, so expect to drop back down.

Have no idea what to do next really. I was gearing up for a wildcard GW 22, but don't have any real plans.

Considering something like:

Downing :arrow: Boyd
Hart :arrow: Heaton
Baines :arrow: Virgini
Wisdom :arrow: Clyne
Austin :arrow: Aguero

In the mean time, I really shouldn't waste my transfer, but I feel my team is set for the next two weeks. A 1-2 week Wisdom :arrow: Skrtel punt?

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Some ideas I've been playing with:

Wildcard at 22 option:

20 - Wisdom :Arrow: Skrtel (whmHUL->LEIsun)
21 - Hart :arrow: Heaton (eveARScheHUL -> QPRCPLsunWBA; Cash)
22 - Silva :arrow: Fab (Avoids ARS/che)
22 - Siggy :arrow: Dimaria (United have great fixtures)
22 - Costa :arrow: Bojan (Short term punt on leiQPRnew)
22 - Baines :arrow: Alderweireld (Cash)
22 - Skrtel :arrow: O'shea (Cash)
22 - Elliot :arrow: Gilks/Best 4.0 GK
23 - Downing :arrow: Boyd (Cash; downing has poor fixtures anyway)
24 - Austin :arrow: Aguero
25 - Bojan :arrow: Giroud
25 - Heaton :arrow: Guzan (-4)

Final:
Guzan (Elliot)
Azpilicueta O'Shea Hutton Bertrand Alderweireld
Hazard Sanchez Fabregas DiMaria (Boyd)
Aguero Giroud Kane

I think I'd prefer a WC@24 option - a chance to see how the window plays out. Also feel like I want Siggy, but I bought him at 6.3, and he sells for 6.5 and hard to see which of those 5 he would displace.

Aguero is a must when he is back, Kane too for the Value. Not entirely settled on Giroud either. O'Shea could easily become Davies too.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Went with Wisdom :arrow: Cresswell, hoping to get a .1 price rise which might make the difference. Alternatively I might have just blown .2 stored value if I want Wisdom back due to Pulis's iron fist.

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - Took an absolute Kaning. (GW20)

Post by cakey »

39 points. Pretty bad. Cresswell turned out decent with 7 points though. A shame Hart didn't play -but over the long term probably world the .5 saved on the backup. Of course the real story is Kane on bench. I don't think it was a poor decision as evidenced by most of the top 50 benching I'm too, I'm mainly annoyed that it's come just at the wildcard and so everyone will switch to him, while I was hoping for a few more weeks as a differential.

Did Baines :arrow: Vertoghen as a short term punt before the wildcard. I'm eyeing up Azpi :arrow: Terry due to a price fall/rise respectively. But would cost a transfer, and surely Terry has to be rested too? He's like 46.

Otherwise, happy with my team.

My main WC decision is still Costa+Davies/Alderweireld or Azpi/Terry+Giroud/Pelle etc. I think Fab/Haz are a must.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

I did Azpi :arrow: Terry in the end, and neither had any price changes. I'm going to feel quite silly if Terry gets rested. Also slightly regretting selling Wisdom.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

When I saw your last week's transfer I thought you might regret selling Wisdom, it surely paid off with Cresswell's assist and bonus however. I wouldn't be worried about selling Wisdom, Foster + Myhill looks like a really attractive keeper for the wildcard anyhow, and there are plenty of defensive options.

I'm surprised you bothered to get Terry in, rather than roll over the FT, though I suppose you're buying the WC choice of Chelsea defender early to avoid future price rises.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Yeah those were my thoughts too.

My main decision left for WC is Costa+4th Cheapie (Dummett?) or Giroud/Pelle+Terry.

I'm pretty Set on the Standard template:

Foster/Myhill
Bertrand, PvA, Hutton, Keane?
Hazard Sanchez Boyd
Kane Aguero

Likely rounding out with Giroud Terry Fab Dimaria.

I would like to keep Siggy. But where does he fit?
I could possible go with Dimaria :arrow: Siggy, Giroud :arrow: Costa, Terry :arrow: Alderweireld, Keane :arrow: Debuchy. But meh.

The others in my thinking are Eriksen and Silva and Walcott. Maybe Boyd makes way, and I use Burnley's Barnes up front which allows me to keep Terry. But it all seems fairly sideways.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 3.34.52 PM.png
Or
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 3.53.51 PM.png
With easy Hop on/off of Di Maria/Silva/Walcott/Eriksen for fixtures and form

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I'm a bit suspicious of Walcott and Di María, don't think Walcott is ready to explode yet, and Di María is a bit of an assister rather than a scorer to be worth so much. I may be wrong on both however, as they do both have the potential to explode.
cakey wrote:Foster/Myhill
Bertrand, PvA, Hutton, Keane?
Hazard Sanchez Boyd
Kane Aguero

Likely rounding out with Giroud Terry Fab Dimaria.

I would like to keep Siggy. But where does he fit?
I could possible go with Dimaria :arrow: Siggy, Giroud :arrow: Costa, Terry :arrow: Alderweireld, Keane :arrow: Debuchy. But meh.
You could round it out with Costa, Terry, Eriksen, Sigurðsson. Depends if you can do much with the extra cash. Perhaps get Trippier instead of Keane and/or another first choice keeper for a rotation, such as Pantilimon, then you will have a more nailed on and attacking defender, and amazing keeper fixtures until the very last week.

Sometime cash in the bank is useful in the future, as it makes switching players around very easy.

Might also be worth considering how your team will look like week 27 if Chelsea play Spurs in the League Cup final. :shock:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”