To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Real Sociopath RMT - The B**tard son of all RMT's!!!

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Re: Real Sociopath RMT - The son of all RMT's!!!

Post by DAREEL »

Taff Murray wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 10:16
DAREEL wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 10:00 Need more Salah. Crazy going without. He's a captain option almost weekly and that captaincy percentage will kill you.

Firnimo given extra time off so prob won't start. Laca?
The debate over Salah is raging big time. Can he be the same as last year? IMHO I don't feel he can reproduce that again. Therefore is 13.0M too much for 20 goals? I really don't know.

Is it confirmed that Firmino has been given more time off? He didn't do that much in the WC did he?

Based on last years performances I wouldn't touch Laca and their opening fixtures don't inspire me with any better confidence. Will he even get much game time?

Talk sport mentioned he's getting extra time off yesterday on drive. A few on other sites mentioned it too. I guess studge starts

I always think it's best to start with salah. Easier to downgrade than spend hits putting him in

Nothing to suggest he can't better last season. He missed loads of chances. If he puts more away then boom

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Taff Murray wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 09:28 OK so this is where I am currently sitting with my proposed team. Not quite happy as yet. Still looking for the elusive 4.0m stitched on Defender and a decent 4.5M Mid. Still blind optimism is running rife with the belief that I have got it right this year. :roll: :lol:

FPL Draft 26-07-18.JPG

All comments welcome.
I'm not a fan of Mahrez on the whole but could come good. I wouldn't worry too much about your 4.0, the back 4 should be good enough for the start of the season and a playing 4.0 can be brought in if there are any. Obviously check out the team news to see who is likely to play or not for GW1

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

Further adjustments. Getting closer to being happy but still not quite there. Feel I am wasting a bit of money by having a 6.5M striker on the bench.
FPL Draft 31-07-18.JPG
If I am going to go with 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 this year I can't decide whether to have a completely non playing striker just sat in the No.15 slot and spend more on the first XI. The other decision I can't quite get happy with is the rotating GK slot or go premier lock and forget.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

OK so a real early surprise with the game launching so soon. Here is where I sit after my first initial tinkering. This is going to be a long 6 weeks of change and counter change.
Initial Pick 29-06-19.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

And so it begins. From the initial pick the tinkering starts. That's twice today already I've changed. This is going to be a very long 6 weeks. :roll: :D
Version 2.png
Have I gone too heavy in defence and too light in attack. Pretty happy with the midfield.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Great squad.

Only ones I'd tweak are Nyland (Villa probably in market for a keeper), Boly (Europa League excursions may prove difficult to keep form) and Success (Shane Long looked better since Hassenhuttl showed up).

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

Further tweaks. I might just settle for this until closer to the season start once all the new players are listed.
Version 3.png

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

A couple more variations on a theme. Which do you think is best and why? Or is the version I posted in the previous post better?

A
Version 4.png
B
Version 3.png
The one thing that is muddying my thinking and may cause a radical rethink is Southampton announcing the signing of Adams from Birmingham as I think this will drop Long further down the pecking order, out to even less than a bit part player. i.e. Even missing out on bench time to come on as a sub.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Long is the problem here, and the bigger problem being who can you get in for 5m ?

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 15:43 Long is the problem here, and the bigger problem being who can you get in for 5m ?
I might just stick with him for GW1 and see if there is a 5m starter amongst any of the lower ranked teams. Just go with 2 up front as I am currently not planning on playing my bench boost in GW1.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

No idea who would start for Brighton but Andone may be an alternative.

I assume the weekly decision will be who to play out of Dendonk, Diop, Kelly and the 5.0 striker.

My only query is would you ever captain Bilva or KDB? If not, it’s a lot of cash invested in two uncaptainable players.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cymbalrush84 »

I see Digne is overpriced for my liking, especially with Everton in no rush to bring another CB in to replace Jagielka and Zouma. Maybe downsize him to boost funds for the third striker?

If opt for V4.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 14:44 I see Digne is overpriced for my liking, especially with Everton in no rush to bring another CB in to replace Jagielka and Zouma. Maybe downsize him to boost funds for the third striker?

If opt for V4.

I dont see Digne as being the overpriced one here.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cymbalrush84 »

itslikebrandnew wrote:
cymbalrush84 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 14:44 I see Digne is overpriced for my liking, especially with Everton in no rush to bring another CB in to replace Jagielka and Zouma. Maybe downsize him to boost funds for the third striker?

If opt for V4.

I dont see Digne as being the overpriced one here.
Doubt you'll get the bang for the 6m buck.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

Mo Bot wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 13:34 No idea who would start for Brighton but Andone may be an alternative.

I assume the weekly decision will be who to play out of Dendonk, Diop, Kelly and the 5.0 striker.

My only query is would you ever captain Bilva or KDB? If not, it’s a lot of cash invested in two uncaptainable players.
If De Bruyne stays fit he could return to being the FPL player hew was two seasons ago. At which point he definitely becomes captain material. Bilva probably not as much of an option on that score as he is a consistent player rather than an explosive one. My gut is telling me that De Bruyne could match Sterling for points and provide better value/million.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

Latest tinkering mods. Too many thoughts running through my head right now. :shock: 3:5:2, 4:4:2, 3:4:3 Heavy in defence. Balanced across DEF, MID, STR. Premium STR or not???? Do I go template or vary it? Am I working to 30ppm VFM? :? I JUST DON'T KNOW. :cry:
Version 5.png
Far too many weeks to go and so much can change in Pre Season.

My biggest concerns are:-
  • 1) GK - Do I want to set and forget (Premium) or rotate a pair of 4.5's
    2) DEF - Do I continue with 3 Prems and a rotating pair or 4 PREMS set and forget
    3) MID - Do I just go with 3 & 2 x Bench Fodder
    4) STR - Do I go with one Prem and 2 much weaker or 3 mid priced options
    5) Current selection only really gives me one real captain option unless De Bruyne sets the world alight from GW1

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Taff Murray wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 17:52 Latest tinkering mods. Too many thoughts running through my head right now. :shock: 3:5:2, 4:4:2, 3:4:3 Heavy in defence. Balanced across DEF, MID, STR. Premium STR or not???? Do I go template or vary it? Am I working to 30ppm VFM? :? I JUST DON'T KNOW. :cry:

Version 5.png

Far too many weeks to go and so much can change in Pre Season.

My biggest concerns are:-
  • 1) GK - Do I want to set and forget (Premium) or rotate a pair of 4.5's
    I wouldn't bother with GK rotation. Pick one for 4.5 or 5.0 and a 4.0m sub and have done.

2) DEF - Do I continue with 3 Prems and a rotating pair or 4 PREMS set and forget
    IMHO No. One 4.5 and one 4.0m who gets game time from the new teams

3) MID - Do I just go with 3 & 2 x Bench Fodder.
    I think you need 4 mids... Noble doesn't count as 4th! and the 5th should be 4.5m

4) STR - Do I go with one Prem and 2 much weaker or 3 mid priced options.
    These are all very iffy/dodgy options and certainly not Captain material. Different allocation of the funds needed.

5) Current selection only really gives me one real captain option unless De Bruyne sets the world alight from GW1
I would have loved to get him into my team but he's too expensive for the level of confidence we have in him atm.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

1)I did some maffs on this 12 months ago and rotation doesnt work, having 2 from 1 Club and starting the one who doesn't start in real life is the way to go, imho and Everton are available for 9.5m. (If starter gets sent off then you get the one sub'ed on...)

2) rotating cheap Def's can work if you get the Home\Away fit correct (GK's get Save Points etc meaning their H\A points are very similar) as CS's tend to have a Home bias, but I am firmly in the Citeh\Lpool Defender Mob.

3) Depends on formation, but if planning to use 4 Mids then NO! But in 4-3-3, 5-2-3 and 5-3-2 it is fine.

4) Depends on formation ie only playing 1 or 2 up topand is where someone like Murray, who scored far more (or only) at home really comes to the fore. For me Kane being cheape than the Pem Mids is rather close tobeing a "must have".

5) I am kinda here, but with Kane. Salah was KO'ed from AFCoN at the weekend and tbh played shite. Toss in Keita and Mane still being there (and they have just won again) and Bobby having been at the Sth America thang until the weekend: I am far from convinced that Lpool will get off to a flyer goalscoring wise.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

Well after much tinkering and turning my head to absolute jellied mush this is where I am sitting right now. I have been through 3 prem Att/Mids to none with full blown prem defence and never get to a point where I am 100% happy. This is currently the closest I've got. This would also probably involve playing my BB in GW1.
2019-20 v.24.PNG
Still too many questions left unanswered as far as starting XI's are concerned. My biggest reservations are CITY DEF, CHE MIDS/FWD's and LIV DEF in Pre Season has looked awful. They could make us all look mugs very quickly.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

If I was playing BB in GW1 (which I think is a legitimate tactic) then I would want 15 absolute nailed on starters. Are you WCing in GW2?

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

Mo Bot wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 18:33 If I was playing BB in GW1 (which I think is a legitimate tactic) then I would want 15 absolute nailed on starters.
No therein lies the problem. Getting 15 guaranteeds even at this stage is proving very difficult. I believe I am as close as I can be to that right now.

Mo Bot wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 18:33 Are you WCing in GW2?
I hadn't planned on doing. I think, assuming I have got the GW1 starters right, that I would want to get through to the International break before I contemplated playing the Wildcard. Ideally, and this is so hard to second guess, I would like to be in a position where the current line up is performing sufficiently well from the get go that I can work it all out on gradual transfers.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

And so it goes on. Move of formation to 4-5-1. Really like the Midfield but my bench strikers suck!!!
v.25.PNG

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Is Zaha still an option?
I thought he was studying Chinese with a Turkish translator, wearing a French outfit whilst eating a Gooner diet meal...

Other than that, I have also reverted to a 451 formation but with Wilson on top.
I think Ayew might be a bit of a waste as he didn't register at all during preseason and Chambers ... I'd rather go for a Watford attacking defender eg Cathcart.
...and Martial... great prospect... still has a lot to prove, especially his relationship with OGS.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

And so after another disappointing season we start again. 4 more weeks of tinkering, of over thinking, of herd following, band wagon chasing. As usual it will end in misery. :wink: :lol:

So here's my first draft.
Draft 1.PNG

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Re: Real Sociopath RMT - The B**tard son of all RMT's!!!

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Some serious sacrifices made to fit those premiums in. IMO one of Robbo/Werner/Bruno needs to be moved to get Hojberg out of you XI, I keep trying a way to make it work as well and I just can't work something I'm happy with, hopefully fixtures will will the decisions for us.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 13:37 Some serious sacrifices made to fit those premiums in. IMO one of Robbo/Werner/Bruno needs to be moved to get Hojberg out of you XI, I keep trying a way to make it work as well and I just can't work something I'm happy with, hopefully fixtures will will the decisions for us.
I know. It's damn difficult yet again. Always .5M short in a position to do what I want to do. The powers that be in FPL Towers are just sadists IMHO. :lol:

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Yep we got all excited with the prices being under what we expected but we're greedy bustards who always want more.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

Following the release of the fixture list it has caused a radical rethink, particularly for GW1.

With no MU, MC, AVL or BUR players in GW1 I have eliminated them all from the first draft with the exception of Taylor.
Draft 2.JPG
The plan is to reintroduce KDB, Rashford, Fernandes over the following GW's and try to avoid WC'ing until the end of the transfer window at least.

So it would likely follow this sequence from GW3 onwards:-

SALAH :arrow: KDB
KANE :arrow: DAVIES
PERREIRA :arrow: RASHFORD/FERNANDES
DUNK :arrow: ROBERTSON (Depends if Dunk does go to CHE or not)

And then see where we are with form & injuries etc.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Taff Murray »

So here is my first draft for another year of disappointment. :roll: :lol:
FPL 2021-22 First Draft.png
Couple of thoughts regarding the selections. White will only stay if he moves to ARS, otherwise he becomes Ayling.

Grealish will probably only stay if he doesn't leave Villa. Don't want to play Pep Roulette on his game time if he goes to City. Would potentially become Buendia or Trincao if that happens.

Unsure about King. It's a toss up between him and Vydra at the moment.

I currently like the balance of this as it gives me plenty of formation flexibility. 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2,or 4-3-3

The main caveat though is if Kane does go to City then this whole team gets ripped up and I start again. :roll:

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Do you not think Kane would be up for a bit of bald fraudulence if he goes to Spurs? at 12.5m it'll hurt more than an 8m mid.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”