To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Specious Theoretic Chatter (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 19/20)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Re: Specious Theoretic Chatter (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 19/20)

Post by Archy »

Mount. On set pieces and Chelsea have much the better fixtures.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 18:52 Either way I'm feeling strangely ambivalent about Mount as a long-term option.
I'm feeling less ambivalent now having compared his stats with Lanzini's over on FFS. Small sample size and all the usual disclaimers but Mount is the clear winner on goal threat: he's averaging 4 goal attempts per game to Lanzini's 1, and I'd somehow missed that he's also taking corners (he's taken 15 of them to Lanzini's 9). I still have reservations about his longevity (and perhaps, more so, reservations about his manager), but he does now seem like a better bet than Lanzini, and Chelsea have a run of nice fixtures to rival West Ham's.

Will probably wait for updates on his potential injury before bringing him in, which means I'll miss his next price rise by the looks of things. Can all the idiots transferring him in today not see that he's flagged with an injury? :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

snakzz wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 20:29 Mount or Cantwell for those who saw both in action today?
It depends what you think FFL is going to do when the CL starts....

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Bit of a decision with the impending Robertson price drop then. I felt Liverpool looked a bit better today defensively so I think a long term hold is valid, which is making me more likely know to hold on to Robertson.

In truth I think the decision will be made for me as I can't move on him now (with Martial's injury status unknown) so if the price drop happens tonight I think I'll just have to take it. Even if Martial is ok, Adams and an eventual need to bring in a replacement for Rico are of more pressing concern anyway I think.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

They certainly looked a LOT better today, but let in another pretty soft goal having taken their foot off the pedal.

Robbo season long will come good with a load of points and keeping him saves you the pain of deciding when to bring him back in, but could well carry more daft CS spoilers....

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Specious Theoretic Chatter (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 19/20

Post by Archy »

Just seen Josh King has dropped in price. Amazing. :shock:

I know it’s driven by the Pukki bandwagon, but when was the last time a (non-injured and playing) player scored one GW and dropped in price the next :?:
Last edited by Archy on 24 Aug 2019, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Archy wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 20:29 Mount. On set pieces and Chelsea have much the better fixtures.
On the other hand, Cantwell is 1.5m less expensive

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Blue Fire wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 22:22
Archy wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 20:29 Mount. On set pieces and Chelsea have much the better fixtures.
On the other hand, Cantwell is 1.5m less expensive
He is indeed, so it really depends on what other considerations there are..

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

West Ham conceded 19 shots in the box to Watford today. To Smegging WATFORD. I think a pukki and Cantwell double up next week is eminately sensible.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 18:08 So Pérez will be leaving my squad imminently. How stupid do you guys think it would be to replace him with Lanzini instead of Mount?

West Ham have a long run of good fixtures now, and I can't shake the feeling that Mount may occasionally be rotated/rested, whereas Lanzini is a key man for West Ham.
Actually think that a good idea say Lanzni in pre season and he looked decent and have been ticking alone nicely since the season has started

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I really like Cantwell, but still find him in that awkward hinterland of being between an outrageously good base price sub and an actual starter. Then again, I also still find Mount in that space between potentially excellent buy and horrible rotation risk, so I'm not sure I can be of help on that one. :lol:

Very oddly (for a potential 4.5m mid starter) Cantwell wouldn't add a huge amount to my own current structure, as he would simply replace a 4th defender (a 4/4.5m guy) as the regular starter - or in a weird rotation system. Strange game at the moment as (injury aside) I sortof see 9 of my first eleven as happily fixed for the foreseeable

Pope
Double Liv, Digne, x
Salah, Sterling, KDB, Martial, (y)
Pukki, z

(Button, Lundstram, Donck, GW)

and it just being a case of handling the final two positions (x+z) with 10.8m. Donck as (y), but would prefer Cantwell (-0.1m) obviously.

I do think the 5.5-6.5m mid bracket is starting to throw up some good options - Lanzini being one of them - but it's still the same issue as before in that it requires chucking an excellent playing sub for a blank striker spot in the systems with the above big SSKM midfield. Do they beat a Europa Leagued Jota? Now he's 6.4m that's who I have my eye firmly on. Haller is the unrealistic dream as F2 for my setup, though maybe I would be willing to move on Digne for a saving. Would much prefer TAA to VVD on current showings, and that pushes the defensive spend pressure the opposite direction if anything...

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

You should be worried as your current squad is not too dissimilar to mine.

I’m also looking at Jota as an option (although with King at the same price and having been priced out of Pukki yesterday, my hand is forced). I’ve already got one bench fodder sub, so can’t realistically get another. So Jota is my only way out of King.

Everton (a) post midweek Europa game and then Chelsea after the international break aren’t really appealing to me.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

With stems 12 the same as mine, I'm in the same predicament, except having 0.5 less to spend on (z) due to having TAA over VVD.

That leaves me limited to sticking with a Sou striker or Maupay, which I'm actually reasonably happy with, but with Adams drop it's harder to switch anything right now anyway.

Probably the key strategic decision for now is whether to plan in a wildcard for a specific upcoming GW or not.

It feels gratuitous to play one to swap out 2 first teamers so I'm really looking toward something more substantial, perhaps Haller up top, or some fixture swings to make a move.

Is anyone pencilling in wildcards for GW6?

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Southampton didn't look very good to me. They struggled to get the ball to the strikers and Adams can play with his back to goal which makes it even more ridiculous.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

I am not too dissimilar to Stem, but see Martial as a possible "solution" rather than Digne.

Mount + Haller instead of Martial + 6.4m forward also gives you that elusive 0.5m.

With NOR, avl as his next two, Haller could slip away. (Whilst personally I don't like Jota in the short term).

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Have to say Emerson of Chelsea looking ridiculously good if he keeps his place. Although keeping clean sheets for Chelsea still an issue!

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I wasn’t convinced that Jota was the solution and moved him out yesterday. Very frustrating so far. He was my 14th pick so not losing any sleep over it (& can get him back once Wolves find a more even keel. EL is having an impact thus far IMO

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

math! wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 10:44 Southampton didn't look very good to me. They struggled to get the ball to the strikers and Adams can play with his back to goal which makes it even more ridiculous.
I was looking a bit more at Maupay to be honest in the range, a goal attempt in the box every 17.6 minutes, even with 10 men he had 4 yesterday. With City up next there's no rush to get him of course.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Mav3rick wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 10:36
Is anyone pencilling in wildcards for GW6?
I'm certainly exploring that as a plan if I can get through the next couple of weeks, although the lack of Liverpool attacking coverage for Newcastle in GW5 is vexing me.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Nobody considering Wesley as an option?

Great upcoming fixtures.

I transferred him in for Jota last night to enable an upgrade of other striker to Pukki

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 12:34
math! wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 10:44 Southampton didn't look very good to me. They struggled to get the ball to the strikers and Adams can play with his back to goal which makes it even more ridiculous.
I was looking a bit more at Maupay to be honest in the range, a goal attempt in the box every 17.6 minutes, even with 10 men he had 4 yesterday. With City up next there's no rush to get him of course.
Worth mentioning that Maupay has been playing out wide in an Ings kindof way - was right of the front three yesterday (before Andone got sent off). His shot rates are good, but I think there's reasons to be cautious (like with Ings).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

With Deeney out, I guess Gray is an option at 5.9 too, might get pens and has a decent pedigree. Southampton have a broadly reasonable GW4-6 and I still think they are a decent side so I may yet keep hold of Adams.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Mav3rick wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 13:59 I guess Gray is an option at 5.9 too, might get pens and has a decent pedigree.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Danny Welbeck might have something to say about that. :p

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 17:52 Danny Welbeck might have something to say about that. :p
Yes, he might say something like "There goes my body, falling apart again."

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Stemania wrote:Danny Welbeck might have something to say about that. :p
Have you worked Joelinton into your team yet? Or are you waiting for Carroll?

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I might just take Cantwell as my 11th man after all, you know - the Donck getting rotated/dropped/rested today has just altered the dial a little.

Norwich have a decent little run ahead and look pretty meaningful going forward. And most importantly, I'm not sure I can actually find a 4.4m defender that has better prospects than Cantwell for the next few weeks (since Taylor hasn't gotten back in at Burnley yet); the fixtures work especially well with Lindstam having SOT to cover Norwich's one nasty fixture in GW5.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah I noticed that minor rotation with Lund. Cantwell is a really nice 11th man. I am wildcarding this week and am very happy with my squad but have 4.1mn in the bank. :lol: Bizarre.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 21:27 I might just take Cantwell as my 11th man after all, you know - the Donck getting rotated/dropped/rested today has just altered the dial a little.

Norwich have a decent little run ahead and look pretty meaningful going forward. And most importantly, I'm not sure I can actually find a 4.4m defender that has better prospects than Cantwell for the next few weeks (since Taylor hasn't gotten back in at Burnley yet); the fixtures work especially well with Lindstam having SOT to cover Norwich's one nasty fixture in GW5.
Pukki and Cantwell are this season's Vardy and Mahrez! I love this stuff :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I can see the logic in Cantwell, for me it's a bit harder as with TAA I feel I need defensive cover, but really Cantwell being 4.6 now means he may as well be 4.7/8 (for my budgetry situation and also I doubt he's a season keeper) so I have some time to wait and see on injury news (with Martial) and price drops (with Adams) anyway.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”