To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Partnerships/Relations/Team name abnormalities top 100

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Partnerships/Relations/Team name abnormalities top 100

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Below is a list of top 100 entrants that has/will be requested to be investigated by GFM for varying reasons (relations/personal friends/team name abnormalities).
I emphasise that this thread is JUST for highlighting teams that stand out for whatever reason. GFM invite players to report any teams that concern them. This thread covers that invitation.

Known to be personal friends/superleague name abnormalities

19 Lucy Lyon LL2 1721
50 Lucy Lyon LL1 1693
64 Andy Edwards Pak Choi 1678

1 Mr Edwards Bears 1671.40
3 Mr Edwards Aardvarks 1667.00
7 Ms Lyon Cubs 1655.20
10 Mr Edwards Emus 1640.60
15 Mr Edwards Snails 1634.40
16 Mr Edwards Gorillas 1631.40
17 Ms Lyon Lions 1631.20
18 Mr Edwards Iguanas 1631.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Known to be partner of Michael Shipley (FF player)

1 Sandy DomingosShipley 5 1852

Related (upon information required privately thought to be legit but staying in list for now)

6 Bruce Baer Andi Stephens 1751
29 Bruce Baer Rachel Aldana 1706
95 Jamie Baer Law 1 1665

Related / Ben/Benjamin the same person?

37 Benjamin Haynes Pluto 1701
43 Penelope Haynes Pistachio 1698
52 Ben Haynes Apple 1692
55 Ben Haynes Plum 1690
59 Benjamin Haynes Gnasher 1681
64 Benjamin Haynes Gromit 1678

Team name abnormalities / Related / 6 Nigel Barretts?

5 Nigel Barrett Ellie the Elephant
22 Ronald Pike Peasant from Madeira
23 Nigel Barrett Dawns Devils
36 Dawn Harker Ellie the Elephant 1702
37 Dawn Harker Peasant from Madeira 1701
37 Ronald Pike Ellie the Elephant
41 David Barrett Ellie the Elephant
52 Nigel Barrett Peasant from Madeira
64 Nigel Barrett MrG Strikes Back
72 Nigel Barrett Peasant from Madeira
87 Nigel Barrett Dawns Devils
100 Ronald Pike Dawns Devils

Capital letters when registered (5 of top 100 capitals highlighting rarity)/potentially related

8 STEPHEN GREEN GLAURUNG 1744
24 DAVE GREEN AMARU 1714

Related

75 Alan Leveridge al 2 1675
87 Hazel Leveridge city girl 2 1668
Last edited by Chuck Taylor on 29 Dec 2011, 17:20, edited 7 times in total.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Re: Andy Edwards

Post by hancockjr »

You'll have to explain to those who don't know the Mail game what he has done to cheat, given that it is a serious allegation and not one that, I'm sure, you'd make without a very firm basis.

Edit - either this has been merged or the first post edited, hence my post does not make sense: To make it clear it was Chuck who suggested Andye was cheating, using those words, hence my reply. Anyone accused of cheating has a right to know exactly what the allegation is and Chuck had not explained it at all.
Last edited by hancockjr on 30 Dec 2011, 08:30, edited 2 times in total.

devilsweep
FISOhead
Location: Up to my neck in it so don't expect loads of posts from me !! Aint got time to type !!
FS Record: 2nd TFF 2015/16, 3rd TFF 2011/12, 2nd TFF Champions League 2011, Centurions winner 2014/15 / 2017/2018 and general Cash League genius

Post by devilsweep »

What are the Mail's rules on collusion / use of same players etc / distinct teams etc ? I'll go and have a read of the T&C's but would welcome others interpretation as well.

The good thing about this game is that with the need to use up all transfers / capt changes by the end of Dec you find out who is a viable challenger etc. They have to show their hand etc. And you can work out their teams too re differentials.

devilsweep
FISOhead
Location: Up to my neck in it so don't expect loads of posts from me !! Aint got time to type !!
FS Record: 2nd TFF 2015/16, 3rd TFF 2011/12, 2nd TFF Champions League 2011, Centurions winner 2014/15 / 2017/2018 and general Cash League genius

Re: Partnerships/relations top 100

Post by devilsweep »

The rules are not explicit from what I can see / find. Actively encourages relatives etc. 0.2 points is sod all anyway so let battle commence. :)

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

devilsweep wrote:The rules are not explicit from what I can see / find. Actively encourages relatives etc. 0.2 points is sod all anyway so let battle commence. :)
The trouble is devil that myself, you, suzy, nabby and bloggie (FISO 9) are in direct competition with each other so would not compare teams/work together whereas those that have used partners/relatives have a massive benefit of knowing their own teams/going down the same route.

The current leader of the superleagues will win it because of this, as happened last year.

thompson
Cheetah

Post by thompson »

5 Nigel Barrett Ellie the Elephant
22 Ronald Pike Peasant from Madeira
23 Nigel Barrett Dawns Devils
36 Dawn Harker Ellie the Elephant 1702
37 Dawn Harker Peasant from Madeira 1701
37 Ronald Pike Ellie the Elephant
41 David Barrett Ellie the Elephant
52 Nigel Barrett Peasant from Madeira
64 Nigel Barrett MrG Strikes Back
72 Nigel Barrett Peasant from Madeira
87 Nigel Barrett Dawns Devils
100 Ronald Pike Dawns Devils

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

thank you Thompson, 3 posts since becoming a member and all Mail multi related, interesting, have you reported these to GFM? (not that they act but just interested).

Thanks again.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Re: Partnerships/Relations top 100

Post by Chuck Taylor »

First post updated.

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

Andy Edwards is a good friend of FISO!!!!!!!!!!

Is it really fair to implicate him???

Poor show in my opinion Chuckie!!!

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

The monthly and weekly comps also showed up some interesting patterns last season, not checked this season.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

WilBert wrote:The monthly and weekly comps also showed up some interesting patterns last season, not checked this season.
Is enough work covering the top 100 Wilbert, more than happy for anyone to start/report monthly/weekly abnormalities. Even though GFM should be doing their own investigations without having to be nudged like this.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Achiles74 wrote:Andy Edwards is a good friend of FISO!!!!!!!!!!

Is it really fair to implicate him???

Poor show in my opinion Chuckie!!!
Bruce Grobbelaar was once a friend of LFC.
Sepp Blatter paints a picture to being a friend of football.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Partnerships/Relations/Team name abnormalities top 100

Post by Rick »

Chuck Taylor wrote:Below is a list of top 100 entrants that has/will be requested to be investigated by GFM for varying reasons (relations/personal friends/team name abnormalities).
I emphasise that this thread is JUST for highlighting teams that stand out for whatever reason. GFM invite players to report any teams that concern them. This thread covers that invitation.

Known to be personal friends/superleague name abnormalities

19 Lucy Lyon LL2 1721
50 Lucy Lyon LL1 1693
64 Andy Edwards Pak Choi 1678

1 Mr Edwards Bears 1671.40
3 Mr Edwards Aardvarks 1667.00
7 Ms Lyon Cubs 1655.20
10 Mr Edwards Emus 1640.60
15 Mr Edwards Snails 1634.40
16 Mr Edwards Gorillas 1631.40
17 Ms Lyon Lions 1631.20
18 Mr Edwards Iguanas 1631.00
To be honest I don't see your point, so Andy Edwards has 6 super leagues in the top 18 so what ? seeing as everyone has 5 teams and each one can be in 5 super leagues he could have as many as 25 and still be perfectly legit. Also knowing that Andy is one of probably the top 5 fantasy Managers out there it's not that surprising that he has so many teams leagues up there, especially when you realise that by all likelihood he is joined in those mini leagues by Andy Luckhurst, who is the top FF manager of the last 15 years and also probably other FF managers with good records who used to post on here but don't so much any more.

Sorry, you were probably right about the Prossers, but this smells a little of sour grapes.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Who is Lucy Lyon, Rick? that is my point.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

hancockjr wrote:You'll have to explain to those who don't know the Mail game what he has done to cheat, given that it is a serious allegation and not one that, I'm sure, you'd make without a very firm basis.
Hi all - I have never responded to people having a pop at me on this forum before but on this occasion it is appropriate that a few facts are pointed out

I haven't cheated

Lucy Lyon hasn't cheated

Bruce Baer hasn't cheated

The 3 of us discuss fantasy football and therefore help each other . We won the minileague prize last year because we (along with 2 other individuals) played well and got lucky . The same 5 of us are in a minileague which is currently leading - we are all trying to win the overall prize

I am chairing 20 minileagues - there are 9 individuals in these leagues

I set up a minileague in the Sky game due to the fact that I didn't want to take part in the FISO league because of the individual chairing it . Bruce is in the Sky league , Lucy is not

Hope this helps

Wishing you all a very happy new year :D

Andy

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Andy, who is Lucy Lyon? Tell everyone EXACTLY who Lucy Lyon is to you.

See my note next to Bruces name.

This is the Mail forum not the Sky forum.

I am highlighting teams that are a cause for concern, yours are, someones name or stature in the FF world means diddly.
Your relationship to Lucy aswell as the similarity in superleague names and her high level of success in FF (6th last season wasn't she?) that bears an uncanny similarity/consistency to your success.

Just because you have been named do not throw a cheap dig my way re. the Sky League based on nothing in August but now worthy of comment (assumingly due to this thread), poor show from someone apparently deserving of respect.

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Russell - Jamie is 22 and also plays TFF , Sun and YTM with his mates to my knowledge.
Im hardly going to tell him not to play the mail but just for info ive got no teams in a SL with him because I know much better players than him!

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Again...

Bruce/Everyone - See the line next to Bruces name in the first post......

But, with the lists I cannot show any kind of favouritism, there are 2 Baers in the top 100, they have to be in the lists unfortunately.
For what it's worth I believe the info I have received about Bruces teams within the last week privately and do believe them to be fair but as said they will stay put for now.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

The most interesting of the list is the Barretts, 6 Nigels and as obvious a multi as the Prossers, GFMs easiest multi to delete. Handy for GFM too as they can delete these and then use the usual fob off with the others portraying that they have acted to a degree.

Here's what I think.....

I think Lucys teams are being controlled by Andy, GFM will not act.
I think Sandys team is being controlled by Mike, GFM will not act.
I think Jamies team is honestly his own, GFM will rightly not act.
I think Ben and Benjamin Haynes are the same person and that person is also controlling Penelopes teams, GFM will not act.
I think Nigel Barrett is controlling all of the Barrett clan, GFM will act, all or just the Barretts is unknown.
I'm undecided about the GREENS, perculiar but by no means conclusive, GFM will not act, probably rightly so.
I believe Alan Leveridge is controlling Hazels team, GFM will not act.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

The Bear wrote:Russell - Jamie is 22 and also plays TFF , Sun and YTM with his mates to my knowledge.
Im hardly going to tell him not to play the mail but just for info ive got no teams in a SL with him because I know much better players than him!
From many private conversations over the years I can confirm that father and son act independently when managing fantasy terms. However I strongly dispute that they don't have teams in the same superleague due to Bruce's and his superleague colleagues' superior football knowledge. Its probably because Jamie has the sense to enter with his own mates rather than subject himself to the risk of being exposed to fatherly advice which he doesn't want or need. :wink:

Inglebongas
FISOhead
FS Record: MOTW and MOTM anf Brassic Cup winner. Tiny league 2012/13... ok not much in 13 seasons...but something!

Post by Inglebongas »

Chuck your analytical and critical mind is wasted on this pointless cape crusader campaign...could I recommend an ou degree?..seriously it's worked a treat for me and now i will be pursuing a masters....perhaps you best not go for philosophy because you may find it too difficult to accept you may be wrong...eff me I'm a veggie until I get around the effin argument that nailed me.
I'm posting this as a fellow fisoite.... I fear you may end up looking rediculous.... I needed a friend on my farm job, having battled through 11 straight shifts, to tell me I was a bit pongy...it was advice gratefully accepted.... this whole multi hunt conspiracy thing makes you look a bit pongy...

no offence intended, but if you are then i apologise, but it was all in good intent...it's areal shame that the mail game in which I am doing well has no chat bar this multi hunt...I shall try to start another in a while and see if there are any takers.

If you feel you must pursue this then all power to your elbow... but maybe drink more homebrew?

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

As the saying goes Chuck "If you can't beat them,join them"
In all seriousness every Fantasy game is open to people multi teaming even if the rules state otherwise because it seems to be to hard to control. Anyone can have multiple e-mail addresses or use family names/addresses, until these companies come up with a more secure way of signing up as single teams then multi teaming will always happen.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

hancockjr wrote:You'll have to explain to those who don't know the Mail game what he has done to cheat, given that it is a serious allegation and not one that, I'm sure, you'd make without a very firm basis.
If you wouldn't mind.....

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Philosophy it seems is also not your strong point.
I am merely pointing towards teams and names that do not add up.
Prossergate is still ongoing. Steven Rust for example still remains in the game, a guy that works in the same establishment as multi mastermind Dean Prosser, relation to Facebook confessionist Matt Rust but still we are told his teams are legit.
This all boils down to plain old common sense. Steven Rusts teams are not his own, the Barrett clans team similarly. This is fact.
Whereas it is my opinion that for example Lucy Lyons teams are not her own. Based on assumption with evidence and info not as great as is with the previous mentioned people. I can be wrong, ill accept if I am wrong. I am however allowed an opinion based on strange circumstances surrounding certain players and their teams.
Do not worry that I will be made to look ridiculous, I'm not so neither should you be, I am merely a stranger.
I know more people will support Andy on FISO than my 'crusade'. He to a lot of people is a fantasy football messiah. But whatever your name, whoever you are and whatever your history I will highlight you if I receive relevant info that points towards you being a potential multi entrant. That will not deter me to do right what GFM should be doing themselves and I will continue to do so whatever the reaction is on here.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Deppy wrote:As the saying goes Chuck "If you can't beat them,join them"
In all seriousness every Fantasy game is open to people multi teaming even if the rules state otherwise because it seems to be to hard to control. Anyone can have multiple e-mail addresses or use family names/addresses, until these companies come up with a more secure way of signing up as single teams then multi teaming will always happen.
That is the sort of logic, albeit on a different level, that justifies looting. Perhaps Chuck is fiso's answer to that large lady who was filmed trying to "discourage" the rioters. Perhaps she should have just shut up and joined in the mayhem.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

CT and Boris

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Edit - either this has been merged or the first post edited, hence my post does not make sense: To make it clear it was Chuck who suggested Andye was cheating, using those words, hence my reply. Anyone accused of cheating has a right to know exactly what the allegation is and Chuck had not explained it at all.
Thanks to Julian for editing his post

This topic was started by Russell Cane - the title was originally 'Andy Edwards'

He directly accused me of cheating without any reason - he has since withdrawn the accusation and posted that his opinion is based on assumption

He has apologised to me via personal message but will not publicly

The forum's terms and conditions are here forum-t-cs-t1545.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have always tried to contribute to this forum on the subject of fantasy football . I do not post about my family and do not intend to start now

Russell Cane wants GFM to investigate me and the minileagues I chair - they already have

It is sad that individuals like this are driving good intelligent fantasy players away from FISO

Andy

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

I have apologised after you PM'ed me. For causing you distress, not for accusing you of controlling Lucys teams. Please do not manipulate what I have apologised for.
I edited my original post within 2 hours, by my own choice, for that reason I do not have anything to apologise for.
Russell Cane x 2, is that supposed to nark me?
Russell Cane Russell Cane Russell Cane Russell Cane Russell Cane

Who have I driven away from FISO? and 'intelligent' as if I am not. You're becoming a little immature now Andy with comments like that. When I'm immature I correct myself, do you?

Russell
Russell Cane

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

andye wrote: I have always tried to contribute to this forum on the subject of fantasy football . I do not post about my family and do not intend to start now

Russell Cane wants GFM to investigate me and the minileagues I chair - they already have

It is sad that individuals like this are driving good intelligent fantasy players away from FISO

Andy
would you much rather people turn a blind eye if they feel somethings not quite above board?
too many people seem to be finding loopholes or hiding behind other names/aliases.
what you may see as intelligent others may feel is cheating.

for the record i don't know who you are or play this game.

i've just told my other half she's got 6 months to get up to scratch & learn all the ins & outs of fantasy football cause at this rate i'm gonna need her, i'm not gonna win fook all on my own :wink:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

murf wrote:
If you wouldn't mind.....
As I never played this game, I still have no clue what the crime is.
Cany anybody explain in simple words what's wrong?
With simple I mean not more than 2 lines :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”