To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Partnerships/Relations/Team name abnormalities top 100

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: Partnerships/Relations/Team name abnormalities top 100

Post by Vid »

Achiles74 wrote: 2) Issue a apology and admit that while he may have concerns, it is not his job to police the game and he will carry on playing the game without trying to police it for gfm (that way he can save face and not bring FISO into a full on civil war which would be prefable imo)
FISO has been going a lot longer than you've been a member, at some point probably all games have had "issues" that have been highlighted, discussed and pursued by FISO members, resulting often in change in the way the game is run, it is a strength of this forum and something that should never, ever be shouted down by a few trying to protect an advantage that they may be taking or have no issue with others doing so.

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

Vid wrote:
Achiles74 wrote: 2) Issue a apology and admit that while he may have concerns, it is not his job to police the game and he will carry on playing the game without trying to police it for gfm (that way he can save face and not bring FISO into a full on civil war which would be prefable imo)
FISO has been going a lot longer than you've been a member, at some point probably all games have had "issues" that have been highlighted, discussed and pursued by FISO members, resulting often in change in the way the game is run, it is a strength of this forum and something that should never, ever be shouted down by a few trying to protect an advantage that they may be taking or have no issue with others doing so.
I agree but we do have ways of going about things. I cannot see how it helps to force Andye from FISO (As he stated in this thread) by accusing him of cheating.

If Chuck had issues he should have comunicated them privately to gfm without launching a full scale witch hunt on FISO.

This does no one any favours, and gloating over getting Prossers or anyone else banned from the game is imo a very poor show.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

In TFF you can only win MOTW once.

Interesting that the top 3 this morning were all (different) women and there was another in the top 10 and some multiple teams too.

Does the weekly comp really attract women who are skilled at it?

PS I am not specifically pointing fingers, I don't recognise the names

PPS I think the 'one win only rule' is stupid so was OK with it when a FISOer's female relative once pipped me into second. As I said earlier, a paid entry free for all is the best way when cash is at stake.

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I seven-balled the Ingram boy

Post by The Elkmaster »

Current top 3 in the monthly comp

1 Mrs Taylor Dress 205
2 Mrs Williams January Spurs 200
3 Mrs Mccall swanhotpsur 198

Women are far better than men in the free games :)

Inglebongas
FISOhead
FS Record: MOTW and MOTM anf Brassic Cup winner. Tiny league 2012/13... ok not much in 13 seasons...but something!

Post by Inglebongas »

devilsweep wrote:Achiles74 you are wrong and hounding Chuck over something he feels strongly about (and in all probability correctly) is ridiculous. He is not against FISO and this issue has nothing to do with FISO. FISO is a means of communication - that is all. That said I think it is time to leave it and let GFM get on with things. Frankly I'm of the view that gaining an advantage goes on and the challenge for me and my teams is to beat those who may cheat and those who don't. Chuck knows that I do not feel that strongly about things but I do when he is getting made out to be some FISO destroyer. AJ
My point vis a vie 'elephant in the room' if chuck was a member of coventry city supporters league things would be different...that's all I'm saying

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Achiles74 wrote:
Vid wrote:
I agree but we do have ways of going about things. I cannot see how it helps to force Andye from FISO (As he stated in this thread) by accusing him of cheating.

If Chuck had issues he should have comunicated them privately to gfm without launching a full scale witch hunt on FISO.

This does no one any favours, and gloating over getting Prossers or anyone else banned from the game is imo a very poor show.
Yes, maybe things could/should have been done differently, but we are where we are at the moment and stirring it up only makes matters worse. A period of calm from all viewpoints would be appreciated so that matters do not escalate and force admin and the moderators team to remove posts/ threads to protect this site.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Once I've finished my research and post some more names Vid (likely to be by Wednesday) my view point will be done. Names mentioned will be for the purpose of showing publically how many entrants (6+ teams per real name) there are in the game.
The info currently being shown and what ill add is by no means breaking any forum rules so should be left to allow players the knowledge of what is going on in the game, it is up to the reader to have their own opinion based on the info provided.
I see jpk is allowed to post in the sun forum that there are 200 Dave Smiths instead of the allowed 60 for example, this is no different.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Say your piece then. Hand the evidence to GFM as well. Then let them deal with it. Just don't get into arguments here.

If you're right then good work, but dont take it personally when people defend themselves. In fact there's no need to respond at all. We can all make our own minds up when presented with facts.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

I have started a new thread showing the monthly/weekly table surname entrants.
I will do a top 1,000 one next week as there are games daily this week and the table keeps changing.
I will also do a summary thread highlighting surnames that appear in both the top 100/1,000 and monthly or weekly tables, plus thoughts about certain things such as potential multis that have already won prizes that GFM seem to not have picked up on.

channel442
Treebeard

Post by channel442 »

Is there not a danger here that The Mail might get p**sed off being bombarded by lists of names to investigate?

Is there not also a danger that someone may get defamed at some stage and take admin and others to the cleaners?

Is there not a danger that the same finger could be pointed at all the FISO mini leagues?

I believe that constant requests for people or teams to be investigated could actually ruin the work which has been already done in highlighting alleged cheats.

I`m sure there must be many families and groups of friends trying to win money by working together on their teams, who are completely innocent and it will be very difficult to separate these from anyone who may be cheating, that's where the problem lies.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Chuck Taylor wrote:I have started a new thread showing the monthly/weekly table surname entrants.
I will do a top 1,000 one next week as there are games daily this week and the table keeps changing.
I will also do a summary thread highlighting surnames that appear in both the top 100/1,000 and monthly or weekly tables, plus thoughts about certain things such as potential multis that have already won prizes that GFM seem to not have picked up on.

Go for it Chuck

NAME AND SHAME

If your arm gets tired , give us a shout, i'll be over to give you a hand.
:wink: .

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Elkmaster »

This is what I know about the mini leagues chaired by Andy Edwards.

A few weeks before the mini league deadline I contacted Andy Luckhurst asking if he was doing anything regarding mini leagues in The Mail. Around the same time I started a thread for potential mini leagues on Fiso.
Andy L told me that Andy E organises the mini leagues he would be putting some of his teams in and asked if I was interested. He explained to me that Andy E’s method was to organise Managers who’ve had success in the past to put their teams in mini leagues concentrating more on the ability of the manager rather than the teams positions. I told Andy L that I would be interested.

Andy E contacted me by PM on Fiso to see if I wanted to put any of my teams into mini leagues organised by himself. I explained to Andy E that I had 2 teams that were doing quite well and that I’d be willing to put those teams into his mini leagues. I must stress at this point Andy E did tell me that he wasn’t bothered if I didn’t put my best teams in as he concentrated on managers ability and not their current teams position (which confirmed what Andy L had originally told me).
Andy E also explained that if any of the mini leagues were to win any prize money that it would be equally split between the 5 managers in the successful mini league.
In all honesty I was quite chuffed to be joining up with such a successful pair as the 2 Andys. At the time I hadn’t got a clue who the other managers would be.

I was contacted by Andy E shortly after, giving me a list of 10 mini leagues to join. I entered my best 2 teams into the mini leagues and made my apologies on the Fiso mini league thread explaining I’d entered my teams elsewhere.

After a few weeks I had a team doing quite well, it entered the top 10 at one stage. At the same time I was taking an interest in Fiso’s Mail forum of all the investigations and accusations. One particular post by Chuck stated that there was a very successful fantasy manager managing his partners teams that were appearing in the top 100.
At this time I decided to check in all 10 mini leagues I was in, who was actually in them, previously I’d only looked at the leading mini leagues I was in.
I was familiar with all the managers names in the mini leagues with the exception of one manager in one of my mini leagues, a certain Ms Lyon. She was unknown to me, I then PM’d Chuck on Fiso asking if he was talking about Andy Edwards and Ms Lyon in the post he’d made. I think his reply was “correctomundo” (Chuck can confirm).
I must admit I suspected that Chuck’s statement was correct (I may be totally wrong and Ms Lyon may well be managing her own teams).
At this point I made a decision to stop managing my teams and just left them alone, my top ten team dropped out of the top one thousand.

After a few weeks of reading the forums regarding the issue of people managing partners/relatives teams it was obvious to me that no-one with the exception of Dean Prossers family were going to get kicked out, so rightly or wrongly I started managing my 2 teams again (badly I may add).

I must stress at this point that (whether I’m right or wrong, I know some people will see it differently, I don’t care) I have no issues with people managing teams in relatives names in pay to play games, I do have an issue in free games.

Andy E stated on one thread that there were 9 fantasy managers in the mini leagues he’s chairing. I have not got access to all the mini leagues, just the 10 I’m in, I can confirm that there are a total of 9 managers.
I will not list them on here, that’s up to them, you know 4 of them now, the other 5 are all names I recognise from Fiso.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Good post Mil.
As I see it the organisers know what is happening (they aren’t stupid just good actors :lol: ) but prefer to turn a blind eye.
Andy and many many others are breaking the spirit of the game (if not the terms & conditions) by entering in wifes/partners names much like the Metro game had been done (that’s why I stopped that game). The only way to rectify this is to make it a pay to enter game with unlimited entry, unfortunately the 5 free credits per person has been exploited & while the administrators of this game can not do anything regarding this (although they managed to kick out the T ossers although they did have a written confession) it would be beneficial to all if they learned from their mistakes otherwise another decent game will fall into decline.
If the terms & conditions do not change next season then we have two choices, either stop playing OR try to beat them at their own game & try & get your partners clued up of football in time for next season :wink: .

If I play this next year I would gladly take you in my mini league Mil, as long as you don’t have another mid season disaster :lol: .
Good Luck with the rest of the season.

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Elkmaster »

SUZYKINS wrote: If I play this next year I would gladly take you in my mini league Mil, as long as you don’t have another mid season disaster :lol:
As a fellow fantasy football enthusiast you will realise how much it hurt when (Ican't remember who they were playing) but Nani and Rooney got 2 goals apiece and I had them sitting on my bench :lol:

The annoying thing is, (if they are managing their partners teams) both Andy Edwards and Mike Shipley are excellent fantasy football players and could easily win in their own right.
As for next season, I think I'll give free games a miss, it's just tempts greed.

devilsweep
FISOhead
Location: Up to my neck in it so don't expect loads of posts from me !! Aint got time to type !!
FS Record: 2nd TFF 2015/16, 3rd TFF 2011/12, 2nd TFF Champions League 2011, Centurions winner 2014/15 / 2017/2018 and general Cash League genius

Post by devilsweep »

Is all fine .....I have started training Aranxtia Sanchez Jones re the finer details of Fantasy Football in preparation for next year. In fact I may simply change religion to Mormon and train my multiple wives and girlfriends. Then again I can't be arsed as they won't be interested!! I can just see the wife getting in and suggesting the 3 for 1 that QPR may have :)

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I'd just like to point out to Andy Edwards that I've finished on the leaderboard all three (and on for a fourth) seasons of this game. Something to bear in mind when doing his mini-leagues next year........

;)

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Elkmaster »

Another woman wins the Monthly

1 Miss Little Casper 749
2 Mrs Anderson iot1 713
3 Mr Scott scott2 708
4 Mrs Booth Turtle Doves 2 706
5 Mrs Taylor Dress 703
6 Mr Babbage Bob3 701
7 Miss Little Vickys Vikings 700
8 Mrs Gowan gowan 12 693
9 Mrs Anderson christmas stroller 691
10 Miss Lethby kim 2 688

2 men actually made the top 10

devilsweep
FISOhead
Location: Up to my neck in it so don't expect loads of posts from me !! Aint got time to type !!
FS Record: 2nd TFF 2015/16, 3rd TFF 2011/12, 2nd TFF Champions League 2011, Centurions winner 2014/15 / 2017/2018 and general Cash League genius

Post by devilsweep »

Striker wrote:I'm not sure if Chuck is going about this in the right way, because the mini-league problem is caused by the games organisers. I've always argued that the way to minimise mini-league fraud is to restrict prizes to say a really good day out at a Test Match or similar for the top 10 managers in a mini-league. If one manager has more than one of those teams, the day out will be for a number less than 10, as he can't go twice. This prize would be much more in line with the spirit intended.

However I would find it totally unacceptable for a manager controlling more than the approved number of teams to nick the overall first prize from someone who has stuck to the rules.

Furthermore I would find it obnoxious if a top fantasy manager controlling more than five teams was to steal the £20,000 first prize from someone who previously had had no success in fantasy football.
mmmmmm :(

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

devilsweep wrote:Is all fine .....I have started training Aranxtia Sanchez Jones re the finer details of Fantasy Football in preparation for next year. In fact I may simply change religion to Mormon and train my multiple wives and girlfriends. Then again I can't be arsed as they won't be interested!! I can just see the wife getting in and suggesting the 3 for 1 that QPR may have :)
Championship FF? :? :lol:

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Elkmaster »

Women have started the month off well again.

1 Mr BROWN DANNYS BOYS 190
1 Mrs WISE toby darling 190
3 Miss Tait Top Guns 1 166
4 Miss Tait Top Guns 3 163
5 Mr Walsh ravans 161
6 Mr NICHOLL TOP SCORERS 152
7 Mr McLaughlin Rabbies Wonders 1 151
8 Mrs Grant Team Name 149
9 Mrs Harvey LINDA1 147
10 Mr McLaughlin The Hot Dogs 146

devilsweep
FISOhead

Post by devilsweep »

Was OK until I saw Ann Shipley appear in the Sky 100 and I think there is a Roger too....Laughable thing is I know peeps who know the Mail leader. She sure has changed interests recently. Should I be more accepting of this small point?

thompson
Cheetah

Post by thompson »

The Nigel Barrett teams have been removed from the leaderboard over the weekend. Presumably more to be removed shortly.

devilsweep
FISOhead

Post by devilsweep »

thompson wrote:The Nigel Barrett teams have been removed from the leaderboard over the weekend. Presumably more to be removed shortly.
Good - they just need ring up a certain northern uni now and ask the leader the rules to the game etc....

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

They could introduce a kind of game exam before you get the money. Who does Scot Sinclair play for? What position does Leighton Baines play? How many points for an assist etc etc. At least make the multi entrants' relatives do some revision :D

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

You might be creating more monsters. These people would also have cats/grannies to enter even more teams! :shock:

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

WilBert wrote:You might be creating more monsters. These people would also have cats/grannies to enter even more teams! :shock:
I think the cats would struggle with Art's exam ;-)

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Mystery wrote:
WilBert wrote:You might be creating more monsters. These people would also have cats/grannies to enter even more teams! :shock:
I think the cats would struggle with Art's exam ;-)
Not necessarily, an oral exam with a translator present and most should hit 100% :wink:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

The Elkmaster wrote:Women have started the month off well again.

1 Mr BROWN DANNYS BOYS 190
1 Mrs WISE toby darling 190
3 Miss Tait Top Guns 1 166
4 Miss Tait Top Guns 3 163
5 Mr Walsh ravans 161
6 Mr NICHOLL TOP SCORERS 152
7 Mr McLaughlin Rabbies Wonders 1 151
8 Mrs Grant Team Name 149
9 Mrs Harvey LINDA1 147
10 Mr McLaughlin The Hot Dogs 146
Crikey my daughter hasnt told me shes playing lol

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts