To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Dail Mail FF backdating points from a rescheduled game?

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Dail Mail FF backdating points from a rescheduled game?

Post by Caey Kid »

Hi there, I wanted to get some advice from you guys as I'm new to the world of fantasy football.

Basically I was top as of the evening of Tuesday 17th May of the latest and last "Best monthly competition" in the MailOnline's Fantasy Football game (which the prizes page lists as being between 16th April 2016 - 15th May 2016). As we all know the United v Bournemouth game which should have been played on Sunday 15th was rescheduled for Tuesday, which is outside of the monthly competition period. The points for that rescheduled game have been updated for the game month meaning it is enough for the team in second to displace me from the top even though the competition (according to the prize page) was over two days before. :(

I emailed them querying this and this what they sent and my reply:

"Hi there

The match between Manchester United vs AFC Bournemouth were scheduled on 15/05/2016. The match were scheduled before the beginning of the premier league season 2015-16. According to the unforeseen circumstance, they had to reschedule this match to be played on 17/05/2016, which in fact it was primarily scheduled on 15/05/2016. Therefore, the match The match between Manchester United vs AFC Bournemouth was counted in week 9 - 16th April 2016 - 15th May 2016.

Regards
Support Team"

My reply:

"Hello thank you for your reply. I'm sorry but can you clarify your statement as it seems your statements are in stark contradiction to the rules laid out in the terms and conditions and the way the game has been played thus far when matches have been rescheduled. I have highlighted section 13 of MailOnline Fantasy Football T&C's that state:

"13. The Company cannot accept any liability if matches on which the Game is based are abandoned, cancelled or postponed due to reasons outside our control. Where matches are rearranged, points will be allocated to teams as per the date when the match is actually played. Only players that are in your team at the time/date that fixture actually takes place will score fantasy points."

Now you are proposing that the game is back dated which has never happened before and frankly makes no sense. 17th May falls outside the game month and based on that logic then matches on the 18th, 21st or 28th May should also count as they are just as relevant to the period of 16th April 2016 - 15th May 2016.
Through the entire season when games have been rescheduled the points accrued were always awarded for the actual date the game was played and not for when they were originally scheduled. If the game was originally scheduled to be played on a particular day/month and rescheduled to a day/month that fell in another game period they counted for the date the game was actually played, i.e the new game month/period and not back dated to when it was originally rescheduled, i.e to a date it never took place on.

Thank you."

I just wanted to get any advice or input from you all as far as where I stand in all this as they seemed to have moved the goalposts.

Thank you for your time.

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: Dail Mail FF backdating points from a rescheduled game?

Post by Striker »

If you were dealing with a competent fantasy game organiser, there'd be no question that with clause 13, the postponed game would be included in the monthly game period. Any claim by them that, under the freak circumstances of the bomb scare, they're right to extend the period is bollox if there is no provision in the T&C for this.

The problem in this case is that the game is run by total numpties, so although you are 100% in the right, I'm not sure that reason and their own T&C will prevail.

However if the prize is worth having I'd certainly pursue it myself. Including complaining to the Mail if you have no luck with Chroma. I'd also take a screen shot of the T&Cs and anything else that might be relevant as they could change the terms at a moment's notice. Not because they are dishonest, but because they appear to be idiots who don't seem to understand the implications of their own decisions.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Good luck with that; you are correct as to the rules, but the mail and/or chroma have been moving goalposts all season - look through the forum, there are nearly twenty pages of examples this season alone. Mail games in previous seasons have also had "issues" to put it mildly (they used to be run by GFM), they have a reputation to live down to.

Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Post by Caey Kid »

Striker wrote:If you were dealing with a competent fantasy game organiser, there'd be no question that with clause 13, the postponed game would be included in the monthly game period. Any claim by them that, under the freak circumstances of the bomb scare, they're right to extend the period is bollox if there is no provision in the T&C for this.

The problem in this case is that the game is run by total numpties, so although you are 100% in the right, I'm not sure that reason and their own T&C will prevail.

However if the prize is worth having I'd certainly pursue it myself. Including complaining to the Mail if you have no luck with Chroma. I'd also take a screen shot of the T&Cs and anything else that might be relevant as they could change the terms at a moment's notice. Not because they are dishonest, but because they appear to be idiots who don't seem to understand the implications of their own decisions.

Hi, thank you very much for your reply. Yeah I've been reading posts from the Mail codes forum and seen the many issues people have had. My brother also had a major issue with the game earlier on (he logged in and his points for one of his teams was listed as n/a and for some reason he had Hazard in defence and two Yaya Toure's in midfield and I think they blamed him even though it's impossible to do even if he wanted to)

I've emailed them this evening as they've updated the monthly table again, this time with the points from yesterdays game (Europa league final). Part of me wants to pursue it further but part of me doesn't want to be pushy as I've at least won something. I've been taking screen shots for this monthly game period after reading all the issues people have been having and I've also taken screen shots of the terms and conditions and the prize page which outlines the game month periods.

Legally can they change T&C's and then enforce the changes to events that have already happened?

You know I probably will pursue this further for the nonsense my brother had to go through. Are there any other contact details? At the moment I've only been using the contact us box which goes straight to Silentmanager/Chroma. Would you happen to have the the appropriate MailOnline FF email?

Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Post by Caey Kid »

quizking wrote:Good luck with that; you are correct as to the rules, but the mail and/or chroma have been moving goalposts all season - look through the forum, there are nearly twenty pages of examples this season alone. Mail games in previous seasons have also had "issues" to put it mildly (they used to be run by GFM), they have a reputation to live down to.
Yeah I've seen It's crazy. Part of me wants to pursue this even further (legally I mean) if they choose to ignore their own T&C's. Thought I'd get advice from the experienced guys and gals in this community before making my next move if they continue to be intransigent in their position. Not sure if I would have any legs to stand on though lol.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Hi, as someone who's been playing silent manager games for a long time I'd say there's no point just using the 'contact us', the people answering emails rarely know their own rules, and certainly won't understand the repercussions of changing and/or ignoring them. You need to go the The Mail although I doubt you'll get anywhere to be honest.

Also be aware that they're probably planning to add the scores from the FA and European Cup finals too. Good Luck :)

Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Post by Caey Kid »

Art Vandelay wrote:Hi, as someone who's been playing silent manager games for a long time I'd say there's no point just using the 'contact us', the people answering emails rarely know their own rules, and certainly won't understand the repercussions of changing and/or ignoring them. You need to go the The Mail although I doubt you'll get anywhere to be honest.

Also be aware that they're probably planning to add the scores from the FA and European Cup finals too. Good Luck :)

Thanks for your advice T-Bone :lol:

Would you know what the correct/right email is to get in contact with the mail for this issue?

Thanks again

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I've been using this name on various forums for the best part of 20 years and that's only about the fifth time anyone's acknowledged it :shock:

Sorry, don't know about Mail emails but if you look down the 'last post' names you'll see 'Lugger'. He had some problems with the Mail a couple of seasons ago and I'm pretty sure he'll he happy to help anyone in dispute with them........

Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Post by Caey Kid »

Art Vandelay wrote:I've been using this name on various forums for the best part of 20 years and that's only about the fifth time anyone's acknowledged it :shock:

Sorry, don't know about Mail emails but if you look down the 'last post' names you'll see 'Lugger'. He had some problems with the Mail a couple of seasons ago and I'm pretty sure he'll he happy to help anyone in dispute with them........

5 times in 20 years that's surprising, would have thought it would be more.

Thanks I'll try and find him and ask for his opinion/advice as well. They actually just replied to me this afternoon. Posting it below.

Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Post by Caey Kid »

Hey guys so i got a reply from them this afternoon.

"Update Information :

Hi there,

Thanks for the email.

On the 15th of May You and team "Xyras" both had 665 points for this period. In the event of two teams being on the same points then the team that registered first would be deemed to be the winner.

"6.18 In case of a tie, the manager who registered first will be deemed the winner."

Team "Xyras" was registered 4 days before your team so they would be the winner. You are correct that the match after the 15th should not be included within that period as the game was played outside that time, and we will pass this on to be fixed. Once we have complete our winner investigation we will be able to officially confirm the winner.

Regards
Support Team"

Now I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to check the claim Xyras was registered 4 days before Oompa Loompa given how much they've got wrong in the game. But, this comes as a surprise as I had actually moved ahead of "Xyras" when the points were updated and we both finished on 665pts. Given all the issues everyone was having with the game i decided to take screenshots for the monthly competitions in the event I was ever in the running for a prize and I've included the screenshot of the final table. And the table remained this way (me ahead of Xyras) up until early Wednesday morning when the table was updated with the points from the Utd v Bournemouth rescheduled fixture.

In fact, the day before the final Premier league games, I looked into what the table would look like in the event of a tie breaker between the top 3 teams (Xyras, Redfoot and me -Oompa Loompa). I looked at the table screenshots earlier in the game month and found when Redfoot and Xyras were tied, Redfoot came out on top. And when myself (Oompa Loompa) & Redfoot were tied, I came out on top. I've included the screen shots for you guys to check out. So, if we all finished with the same points the table would like: 1. Oompa Loompa 2. Redfoot 3. Xyras

So any thoughts guys before I email them with a email similar to this with screenshots?

Is there anyway to check when a manager was registered?

Thanks for your help and advice guys and gals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tenpinterry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 214th (15/16), 734rd (13/14), 650th (08/09), 507th (07/08) & 132nd (06/07)
Mail - 47th (11/12)
Telegraph - 98th (14/15)

Post by tenpinterry »

when teams are tied on the same points aren't they just put in alphabetical order?

Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Post by Caey Kid »

tenpinterry wrote:when teams are tied on the same points aren't they just put in alphabetical order?

Hey, nah if teams are tied, the team that registered first wins the tie breaker.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”