To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Is Daily Mail FF better than FPL?

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
ravenscroftravens
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: fairly average

Is Daily Mail FF better than FPL?

Post by ravenscroftravens »

I've been playing FPL for years but getting a bit bored with it so wanting to try a new format.

Has anyone played both Daily Mail FF and FPL? If so, is it good... and is it worth paying for???

Cheers

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: Is Daily Mail FF better than FPL?

Post by Striker »

The Mail game is without a doubt currently the worst run FF game.

If you want to try a new game the TFF game is as good as any.

By contrast the Sun's Dreamteam is not as well run as TFF and has certain peculiarities but does have excellent prize money. Sun managers moan a lot but compared with the Mail its a good comp, although that's not saying much.

Another alternative is Sky. This might be your best option as a "second half of the season" game is due to start soon, so you could still be competitive, as long as you read the rules.

ravenscroftravens
Kevin and Perry

Thanks for the reply!

What makes the Mail version so bad though??

I've heard from a few people now that TFF is the way to go so might try that. You mention peculiarities - anything to make it less enjoyable?

Is it just a one of payment by the way or do you have to pay each month?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

You'll get a taste of the incompetence of Chroma who run the Mail game by reading the Mail threads.

TFF has no obvious peculiarities. If you read my initial response again you'll see that I was referring to Dreamteam. It (TFF) has a single entry payment. Sky is free.

Why don't you simply read the rules of TFF and Sky which will give you a solid impression of both games and then ask a few follow up questions.

ravenscroftravens
Kevin and Perry

Thanks for the reply. I read your last message a bit too quickly sorry and misunderstood what you meant.

Been reading the rules and TFF definitely sounds decent (plus I was never really a fan of the Sun).

How many teams do you guys enter though?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

You will get a vast range of answers to that question from 1 to 500.
My understanding is that players that are good/very good and are always near the top season end will enter somewhere around 5 to 20 teams as its the optimum to concentrate on any more is to many.
Some only enter 1 (there is a thread on here dedicated for them) and they tend to do quite well.
In my case I do way to many but play for the enjoyment more than a potential end finish position and teams vary from season teams to fiso side games to weekly/monthly attempts.
Season long about 30 for me but in total 187 and counting :roll:
Some enter silly amounts of over a thousand teams between tff snd the sun trying to win the non season games.
Each to there own I think depends what you want from the game.
Tff should have a europe game soon if you want to try out before next year.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

ravenscroftravens wrote:What makes the Mail version so bad though??
They pay out to the same bloke and his missus/syndicate in consecutive seasons even though everybody who plays the game knew he was cheating except for the Mail and the people who run their game apparently.

They then clandestinely released a revised list of winners, making sure to leave out this person's name on the revised leaderboard because people might suspect their game is rigged, and/or cronyism.

At the very bottom of the article. :lol:

mirana211

Post by mirana211 »

ravenscroftravens wrote:I've been playing FPL for years but getting a bit bored with it so wanting to try a new format.

Has anyone played both Daily Mail paris cdg tansfer FF and FPL? If so, is it good... and is it worth paying for???

Cheers
Hello,
I played both!
And it's tiring!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”