To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Daily Mail Fantasy Football 15/16

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Daily Mail Fantasy Football 15/16

Post by Mintman »

The game is now live!! It is certainly different this season too!!!... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

http://fantasyfootball.dailymail.co.uk/default.aspx

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Daily Mail Fantasy Football 15/16

Post by Mintman »

Prizes

With MailOnline Fantasy Football prizes will be awarded throughout the competition. There will be over £30,000 of prizes to be won!! The opportunity to win prizes are:

Overall Competition:

The highest scoring team at the end of the competition will win a Money can't buy VIP football experience!

Period Competitions:

The competition is also broken down into 9 Period Competitions. There will be cash prizes for the top 3 players every month.

1st place: £2,000 2nd place: £750 3rd place: £550

The Period Competitions are as follows:

Period

From Date

To Date

1 8th August 2015 11th September 2015
2 12th September 2015 16th October 2015
3 17th October 2015 20th November 2015
4 21st November 2015 18th December 2015
5 19th December 2015 11th January 2016
6 12th January 2016 5th February 2016
7 6th February 2016 4th March 2016
8 5th March 2016 15th April 2016
9 16th April 2016 15th May 2016

Mini League Competition:

The League of Leagues Competition can only be entered by mini-leagues that qualify with the minimum required number of 5 users. You may register your mini-league up until 23:59 BST on Saturday, 6th March 2016

The highest scoring mini-league at the end of the competition will win a ‘Football Goody Pack’ (which could include football shirts, tickets, merchandise or Box at Club Wembley for an international)
Prize terms apply

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

Other changes include 3 transfers a month, which CANNOT be transferred over. Slight changes to the scoring system, of which the major changes are bonus points for hat-tricks and the 3 points for the players team winning have gone. Oh and probably the BIGGEST change is loads of codes printed in the paper for things like european player signings, extra transfers, and power play codes. The Power Play code lets you DOUBLE your points for one week per month. No more capt changes after each game tho, as your capt is locked in for 7 days from 12pm each Saturday!!

tenpinterry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 214th (15/16), 734rd (13/14), 650th (08/09), 507th (07/08) & 132nd (06/07)
Mail - 47th (11/12)
Telegraph - 98th (14/15)

Post by tenpinterry »

:( :( :( :( :(

I've enjoyed playing this game over the past few years, generally doing well but I won't be playing it this year.

I don't follow European football (apart from CL) and I only buy the mail on a Saturday (for the TV pullout :D ).

The rules indicate that you need to know European leagues and that you probably need to buy the mail every day not to miss getting the 'power-ups'.

Oh well, at least it will give me more time to spend on FPL & the Telegraph games

kevchenko
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kevchenko »

Shocking I wont be playing with these rules and very disappointed as I managed to win week 1 last season....

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I'll put one team in and give it a go but it all sounds a royal pain in the arse to me. :roll:

Really enjoyed the old format. :(

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

I'll be in. The Mirror game two or three seasons ago involving European strikers was good fun to play and I believe run by the same unjustly maligned firm. Won't be playing for the seasonal mystery prize as I anticipate it will be shit. The Mail code nonsense is just going to put people off playing, not increase circulation by any significant degree. There must be board meetings going on in Fleet Street every close season along the lines of how can we put another spoke in the wheel of fantasy football. :roll:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Hmm - cant get it to load on my tablet

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Points descrepencies? Website not working properly? General incompetence? Hmmm, what should we do this season? Send for Silent Manager! :shock: Image

Oh dear. Obviously I won't be bothering with this. That's The Mail, Metro, and Star gone in the last year :(

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

OK so this is basically the Screwfix game from a few years back, but with lots of crap codes required!! I would say you will need at least 2 'Euro Scout' ones for Messi and Ronaldo, and ALL of the double point ones (monthly) The codes will appear in the paper and online, so might not be that bad if you can remember to do them?? Mini league anyone?? There is a mini league prize tho, so don't know if a MOD wants to set it up? If not i'll set one up in case we manage to get 5 people playing it til the end of the season!!!???... :lol: :lol:

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Not needing to buy the paper puts it back on my radar...what a mess! :roll: Has anyone got it working on a tablet?

I have easily built a decent 4-3-3 team. How do you change your subs? :?

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

Remember to keep enough funds for Messi and Ronnie, or you can forget any chances in this!!! Ronnie is 16m, but don't know about Messi? I would guess the same or maybe 17m??

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Where is there mention that the codes will be online?

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

From FAQ...

The Euro Super Scout feature will allow you to buy a 'European Superstar player' for your team who is not a member of the Premier League. They will score points, just like your other players, and will remain in your team until you transfer them out.
You must activate your Euro Scout by using a special in game code - you can aquire these codes via The Daily Mail and MailOnline

Also...

Each week, you can receive bonus transfers to use in your Fantasy Football team. The code will be published in the Daily Mail newspaper and or online. To activate your bonus transfer codes, simply login to the game and click the 'Bonus Transfer Codes' button on the team page. You will be taken through to the code entry screen, where you should enter your code in the box and receive your free transfer.
Please note: you cannot carry transfers over from one week to another.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Mintman wrote: Mini league anyone?? There is a mini league prize tho, so don't know if a MOD wants to set it up? If not i'll set one up in case we manage to get 5 people playing it til the end of the season!!!???... :lol: :lol:
Happy for you to chair the FISO league for this one if you want to do so.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Cheers @mintman re codes info; not for the first time with a silentmanager/chroma game, the information in game rules is different from that in faqs - the former only mentioned "publishing" in the daily mail. There's no mention of them at all in terms - and there's a similar game run by sm for the kids magazine MOTD, where codes are only printed in the magazine, not online. Anyway will see soon enough.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

Vid wrote:Happy for you to chair the FISO league for this one if you want to do so.
Okey doke Vid. I will set one up when I get home later :D

edit mini league now set up, details here... viewtopic.php?f=97&t=117172

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

what is this tripe?

Who knows where and when these codes will be published?

Will the 'Euro Stars' replace a squad member, or increase the number of players you have?

Will subs score points if brought into the pitch midweek?

How the hell do you make a sub on mobile?

Where can the codes be entered on a mobile?

Stay tuned for even more questions and even fewer answers as the season rolls on.

The Mail and Silent Manager, a match made in heaven... what could possibly go wrong!

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

The codes will appear in the paper and online according to the site.

Euro Scout players will replace a player in your squad, so save some budget.

You can't make sub's until the game has started. The game is easier to manage on a mobile than anything else, and won't load on a tablet!! I have tried on 3 different ones!!

There is nowhere to enter the codes, as there isn't any codes to enter yet I would guess?

A word of warning too about changing formation. If you change from say 3-5-2 to 3-4-3 you will lose the lowest scoring mid to be replaced by a striker. Same as the Screwfix and Jacamo games from a few seasons back.

Hope this helps :D

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

I'm still unable to access from tablet - just flashes/loops. Also still unable to move bench players. I used transfers to bypass for GW1. :roll:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Am I right in thinking that virtually all the prize money is being allocated to monthly prizes?

Secondly does this mean that if you are happy to forego the first one or two months, you can delay entry to October without being any disadvantage whatsoever? ( this would allow you, amongst other things, to get a better idea from the forum whether it's really worth entering at all).

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

The only prize money is for the monthlies!! Everything else is gifts and VIP stuff!!! Why wait, everyone is in same boat with transfers and you might miss getting Messi or Ronnie??.. Oh and check your pm's!! :wink:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Brightwater wrote:I'm still unable to access from tablet - just flashes/loops. Also still unable to move bench players. I used transfers to bypass for GW1. :roll:
So its not just me

Think I'll stick to my 21 telegraph teams and fpl

The mirror and mail games were fine last year but I can't be bothered with them this season

Was going to have a go at the sun 'free' game but that seems to be a rip off

Why do these games have to change every year?

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Game totally ruined IMO! Was a great game, shame they had to change the format of it so much. Good luck to those participating this season.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

I quite like it tbh!! Well apart from all the codes!! Think its good that you can have a crack at every monthly prize without comprising your seasonal chances. I like points for other comps on top of the prem. I would have liked the monthlies to be a bit less and more cash for the overall, but my tune would change if I was lucky enough to win one!!! :lol: :lol:

Aardvark
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aardvark »

I picked 3 teams but it all looks a bit too high maintenance so I've decided to abandon them and have unsubscribed. I'll just stick to TFF and FPL this season.

juniors
Treebeard
FS Record: Won skysports f/football in the day of teletext , skysports formula 1. Daily mirror monthly winner, daily telegraph monthly winner, Daily Telgraph Championship 2017/18weekly winner 3 times

Post by juniors »

Striker wrote:Am I right in thinking that virtually all the prize money is being allocated to monthly prizes?

Secondly does this mean that if you are happy to forego the first one or two months, you can delay entry to October without being any disadvantage whatsoever? ( this would allow you, amongst other things, to get a better idea from the forum whether it's really worth entering at all).

I have it on good advice, once again, that the 1st prize ( gift) is worth £7,500, they will pay this instead of (gift ) if you so wish and are lucky enough to be on top come the seasons end.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Thanks juniors. That's interesting and worth bearing in mind.

But is this a precursor to fantasy games organisers keeping the full details of prizes secret?

Not the best strategy for attracting punters I'd have thought. :wink:

The Dragon
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2nd tffo squad manager 2008

Post by The Dragon »

Hi first time ive posted for a long time

Does anyone know when the august powerplay codes will be published

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

The Dragon wrote:Hi first time ive posted for a long time

Does anyone know when the august powerplay codes will be published
What's wrong with your old account?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”