To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Auto subs

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Barcode
Wideboy

Auto subs

Post by Barcode »

I have 2 teams. I have successfully set one of them to Autosub. The other team always returns to the off setting as soon as I navigate away from site. Any suggestions please?

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Re: Auto subs

Post by Art Vandelay »

Seems to be working ok for me, but I'm expecting problems with it once the season gets under way.

Have you tried a different browser? I've had a few problems with functions on various fantasy football websites, including the Mail, but just have to try different browsers or computers until one works.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Doesn't work on Safari.

I'll be doing my own substitutions because it's an absolute certainty it will eff up throughout the season.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Yep do it manually until you're confident it works imo. If the autosub functionality is relying on the premier league feed they used last season to show live points then it probably won't work for FA Cup games.

ralphypne
Treebeard

Post by ralphypne »

Same for me. One team has auto - subbed, the other hasnt.

Could someone clarify the rules for me because it isnt clear? Can you sub players in and score points for them as well as the starting x1 like silent manager games last season? Ive had players replace fabregas and terry that I didnt want to!

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Um, Fabregas and Terry didn't play yesterday. :?

The subbing applies day-by-day. So Fab and Terry will count for you on Monday when they play

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

To be honest, if you've left players actually playing sat on the bench but Fabgregas and Terry in the team then you don't deserve to be bailed out by the auto-subs ;)

I just turned them off. I'll wait for the first few weeks and see if there are any complaint sabout them not working properly. Or if auto subs means you can make extra captain changes or anything...

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Already may have found an error in this year auto sub use. I figured that if you switched the auto sub to "ON" and one of your players in your starting 11 did not play then your auto sub would come off the bench for you.

On Saturday i had De Gea in goal and Fabianski on my bench. De Gea scored 0 points and Fabianski 4 points. The game gave me Fabianski's 4 points even though De Gea played. I did not think the auto sub worked in this way. Its benefited me this time but that's not really the point as if De Gea had scored 9 points i'd be wondering why Fabianski came off my bench still. Anyone else experienced anything like this? Will write to the Mail to ask for an explanation on this.

If you apply what happened to my goalkeepers to any other positions, then you could possibly have high scoring defenders, midfielders and strikers being replaced by a bench player who scored nothing by having "ON" selected on your auto sub. Also if this did happen how would the game decide which of your players to replace with the auto sub. For the goalkeeping position there is only the 1 goalkeeper that can be replaced but this doesn't apply to other positions.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

But I'd guess if De Gea had scored 9 your sub wouldn't have been made. I expect it either automatically brings in your highest scoring player or, more likely, assumes a player with a score of exactly zero didn't play.

This is especially annoying news for me as I had auto subs turned off, De Gea in goal, and McGregor on the bench :evil:

Let us know what they have to say for themselves.....

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Probably why the score update is slow at the moment.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

FUBU05 wrote:Already may have found an error in this year auto sub use. I figured that if you switched the auto sub to "ON" and one of your players in your starting 11 did not play then your auto sub would come off the bench for you.

On Saturday i had De Gea in goal and Fabianski on my bench. De Gea scored 0 points and Fabianski 4 points. The game gave me Fabianski's 4 points even though De Gea played. I did not think the auto sub worked in this way. Its benefited me this time but that's not really the point as if De Gea had scored 9 points i'd be wondering why Fabianski came off my bench still. Anyone else experienced anything like this? Will write to the Mail to ask for an explanation on this.

If you apply what happened to my goalkeepers to any other positions, then you could possibly have high scoring defenders, midfielders and strikers being replaced by a bench player who scored nothing by having "ON" selected on your auto sub. Also if this did happen how would the game decide which of your players to replace with the auto sub. For the goalkeeping position there is only the 1 goalkeeper that can be replaced but this doesn't apply to other positions.
Sounds to me that the player database has a field like #This_Weeks_Score, and the auto-sub function works on something like check #This_Weeks_Score = 0, rather than something like #Played_This_Week. If so that's pretty terrible programming, but not surprising as fantasy football programmers appear to be about the worst in the business.

TBH it's not likely to be that big a deal as the number of times a player plays and scores 0, and the alternative on your bench plays that day and scores big, should be rather low, but i guess all mistakes add up and it could make the difference.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

Anyone who has taken advantage of this loophole had inadvertently ruled themselves out of winning any of this years prizes.

And ignorance is no defence.

See you in court.

:D

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Hotpot wrote:Anyone who has taken advantage of this loophole had inadvertently ruled themselves out of winning any of this years prizes.

And ignorance is no defence.

See you in court.

:D
I know the above is in jest, but unlike last years debacle, it's not a loophole it's possible to take advantage of.
Like FUBU05 I had the same pairing of goalkeepers De Gea and Fabianski, and like FUBO05 I made the seemingly obvious choice for Saturday, but unfortunately like Van I didn't trust the auto-sub, so i've missed out on the bonus 4pts.

If my planning is anything like, I shouldn't have any subs playing barring my GK, and once or twice during the season when the Sunday fixtures are like Burnley v Leicester and QPR v WBA with no Monday night game.

Anyway I doubt it will happen again, as anybody calling themselves a programmer should fix that particular bug in 5 minutes tops.

kevchenko
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kevchenko »

Same for me with the auto subs settings..... One team OK the other not....

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

I have this pair in one team and thought I'd picked De Gea to play, only to log on to the site Sunday morning and see I'd "accidentally" picked Fabianski and gained 4 points. So I thought until reading this.

I didn't realise auto-subs would actually move a player onto your pitch - thought it would just count points for them, but they'd still be sat on the bench ready for the next day. I imagine it's a glitch that interprets 0 points as 'not played', I hope it's fixed and they adjust the points accordingly. And hope they do it quickly and transparently...

sachqwe
Cheetah

Re: Auto subs - week 2 test

Post by sachqwe »

26 Aug – This past weekend, I decided to give Auto Subs a try. Both of my teams had Auto Subs “on” throughout. Taking just one example of 2 defenders, defender 1 was in my team and played on Sat 23rd for Everton; defender 2 was a sub all weekend and played for Tottenham Sun 24th. Week 2 team performance does not show defender 2 (the sub) and his 9 points are not in my total.
It appears that Auto Subs is not working as I expected. Am I missing something?

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Nine points by the looks of things :mrgreen:

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

My points are showing completely wrong. One team my total doesn't match the sum of 'team performance' scores even though it looks like auto subs have been processed on there. My other team auto subs aren't all appearing in 'team performance', and the total doesn't match either the 'performance' total or the correct total.

Seems like quite a mess, I've contacted them and wait to see what they say!

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Fairly quick and promising reply:
Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We are currently in the process of correcting the error with your teams points from the weekend and just checking to make sure all is ok before the missing points for the game are updated for the teams concerned. I can only apologise for the initial error but these will be updated on the website within the next few days.

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Why did they bring the auto-subs facility in - wasnt a demand for it and it has just created another potential problem for themselves.

sachqwe
Cheetah

Post by sachqwe »

It appears that on Aug 27 the errors have been fixed. My Auto sub is now showing up in team performance and the points added to my total.

goldenballs
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Not Great.

Post by goldenballs »

ok so if I had Giroud in first xi and Costa on bench will I get points for Costa given Arsenal play on Sunday?

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

I wish they'd left it alone from how it was three years ago. I miss that stats screen where you could see all your players down the left and the match weeks along the top.

Plus I used to make my changes about this time and now I always get 'Work in progress. Cannot make changes at this time' Well, that's hardly an improvement is it? :?
goldenballs wrote:ok so if I had Giroud in first xi and Costa on bench will I get points for Costa given Arsenal play on Sunday?
Yes. In theory....

sachqwe
Cheetah

Re: Auto subs week 11

Post by sachqwe »

29 Oct. Week 11 Team Performance shows what appears to be an Auto Sub issue for my team. I have Yaya Toure and Eden Hazard in my first eleven and Christian Eriksen as the sub. Toure played Saturday and Hazard and Eriksen Sunday. Team performance shows Toure played Saturday and Hazard not playing which is correct. On Sunday it shows Toure not playing and Eriksen playing but Hazard does not appear at all even though he played. Why did it not replace Toure with Eriksen rather than replace Hazard with Eriksen. Hazard and Eriksen played on Sunday Toure did not?

Howard

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Hazard scored 0 points I believe (was subbed off, and booked)

The autosubs system (very wrongly!!!) does not seem to be able to distinguish between not playing, and scoring 0. So it seems to have randomly picked a non-scoring midfielder to replace in the visible XI with Eriksen, and it happened to come up with Hazard rather than Yaya.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

:lol:

I hope whoever, 'wins it' this year doesn't have to go through the same crap I did.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Was just looking at when FUBU05 had posted last;
Last visited: 18 Aug 2014, 21:22
The commandments thing was on everyone's profile, I didn't realize. :oops:
Last edited by Lugger on 08 Nov 2014, 13:01, edited 3 times in total.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

So they still haven't fixed the auto subs being unable to differentiate between a zero score and a non-playing player then?

Looks like it will be the second season running that whoever gets the prize will be different from whoever whould have won if everything worked properly.....

Lugger, did you ever get a proper explanation from The Mail exactly what they did when adjusting the final scores?

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Nope I wrote off several times to GFM Holdings but they refused to give me an explanation, even though it clearly stated in their email to me that more information would be given on request.

They have pulled the 78 points they said they have deducted from my overall score from the sky in my opinion, they don't want to give an explanation because one doesn't exist, or they know their explanation is going to be so ridiculous that they don't want to give it.

I still find it very fishy that a person and his family members seem to have won the top prizes in the Mail for two seasons running.

Roughly about 80,000+ teams enter in the Mail each season, the odds are pretty astronomical in my opinion. Especially if what mmm said was true, that Natalie Burt finished first and second in the 2012/13 season.

As far as I remember in the 2012/13 season you could get the prize money for finishing first and second, I think they stopped that last season.

If Justin Burt was elevated to first and he also won the mini league prize(even though he admitted to using the glitch with at least one of his teams) him and his family members have won all the main prizes for two seasons running.

He also admitted to being in contact with GFM a good half a season before the competition ended, and only contacting them about the glitch after it was rectified. A lot of stuff doesn't add up and I think it's disgusting that the Mail havn't contacted me with a proper explanation, or even made the revised table available to me.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Oh and I was specifically told by the representative of GFM Holdings that they looked to kick people who had entered more than five teams, and that the winner didn't use the glitch.

But then again I was told that I'd be given an explanation on the points reduction and that it was likely that a revised table would be published, so the credibility of what I was told by GFM Holdings and the Mail isn't very high.

FUBU05 also seems to have predicted exactly what GFM Holdings have did, which is to withhold how they have deducted points from my overall score, and not to release a revised table. To my knowledge the Mail has never did this in the history of their game(not releasing a winners table).

It's almost as though FUBU05 has some amazing foresight in regards to exactly what GFM Holdings and the Mail plan to do. :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”