To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Auto subs

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Re: Auto subs

Post by Art Vandelay »

I can clear up a couple of those points. The rule on not winning more than one season prize has always been in place. I finished first and second a few years ago and was only eligible for the first place prize. I'm pretty sure it's standard in all the GFM games.

And they did make a token effort at investigating people entering multiple teams under different names a couple of seasons ago. I got an email asking me to confirm I was in charge of my teams and I gave quite a long reply with evidence, but I suspect if I'd just written "Yeah, that's my team" that would have been just a good :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the update. You're probably right, if there was a clear, logical method applied to recalculating the scores surely they'd just have come out and said what it was....

Lugger
Treebeard

Re: Auto subs

Post by Lugger »

I'll take your word for it as I can't remember. Last season you were eligible to win prize money if you finished top of mini league table and finished in the top three of the final table if I recall correctly.

Even if FUBU05 was elevated to 2nd and he's won the mini league prize, it's still incredibly cynicial by the Mail not to release a revised table in my opinion. I suppose from their end it wouldn't look too good if they were elevating someone in the final standings when it looks like they have entered more than five teams, in contravention of the rules (even by his own admission). People would also make the connection I would guess just like mmm that a relation of Justin Burt had also won in the previous season(2012/13). That probably wouldn't look good on the Mails part either.

Havn't they disqualified people in the past for entering more than five teams, someone called Dean Prosser I believe. If so it seems strange that FUBU05 has not only received prize money but has potentially been elevated to first place along with winning the mini league prize. To compound matters the Mail havn't even offered an explanation to myself, and have refused to release a revised table.

I'd be interested to know if the guy that finished 2nd received anything(Kevin Beauchamp), I'm guessing he has read this thread. As there didn't seem to be any mention of the monthly winners not getting anything I'm assuming the Mail were fine paying out to monthly winners while the glitch was in place.

I guess I'll never find out, or ever know if FUBU05 knows someone who works for GFM Holdings or the Mail.

I can't write what I hope happens to the Mail or I'd be arrested. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”