Daily Mail 2014-15

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Re: Daily Mail 2014-15

Post by Art Vandelay »

How have we started off then?

Pretty average for me. I wanted to get Mata, Ramsey, and Sterling into a team but it wasn't really possible while having two good forwards and a half decent defence. Hopefully a few cheapies will emerge over the next couple of weeks. You can guess which one of the three I had in both sides.... I've ended up going 4-5-1 in both teams, not done that since the old days of one sub.

These first few weeks I always feel like I'm just making do trying to not get left too far behind. Never really feels like the season properly gets started until we get that international break out the way, the transfer window has closed, and I can sort my teams out properly :?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

A Fisoer(kevchenko).
1 Kevin Brown To Hull and Back 159

ralphypne
Treebeard

Post by ralphypne »

Entered my team Battersea Power.

Thanks AV!

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Anyone having problems getting on the site this morning ? :(

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Pile of @~##@~'' Sha!t company/website/GFM - 40 minutes to try and do transfers. Two ipads, one laptop two phones trying to make the changes. That on top of messing up all my autosubs when I've done a countback. Stick your game up yer jacksie. I'm out.

pascalevans
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 6 top 1000 finishes in FPL (best 39) Sky 2nd 2018 Mirror 4th 2015, Sky 5th 2012, Mail 3rd 2011, Metro 2nd 2010

Post by pascalevans »

Same just happened to me despite having 3 devices and a good internet connection. It wouldn't let me bring Ramsey and Hutton in from my bench for my first team and yet said substitution successful. Was in 276th position which was a reasonable start without transfers or captain changes. Will give up as well unless they alow automatic transfers in retrospect. Shame as I enjoy this game.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

I have recurring problems from tablet. I have to select "desktop version"; FAQs; logon again. I can change my 2nd team OK, but first team when clicking transfers is blank "not scoring points", so I have to manage that on laptop. :|

On the positive side, the multi team cheats are wasting even more time. :wink:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Two teams in

Thanks

Jim

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Well, that was fairly disastrous as usual. Four more injuries picked up on the international break, and I'm carrying two or three donkeys as it is. I'll be out of transfers by the end of October at this rate.

I don't understand why one qualifying game required everything to grind to a halt for two whole weeks. Then we'll do it again in four games time. That'll be an entire months worth of top flight football lost for England to play three competitive games, using the term loosely in the case of Sam Marino. And then they'll be moaning about fixture congestion later in the season :roll:

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dennisthemenace »

Stop panicking !

Your two or three duds will probably turn out to be ok - that's why you picked them - leave them alone. The injuries that have occurred in the International break aren't that bad. Sturridge is the only one you should be considering getting rid of if you've got him as the rest will be back soon !

Take solace that many people will be going a bit transfer crazy tomorrow but taking the hit on a poor week and playing it cool will perhaps reap benefits in December

In the pre-season we all looked at player stats, fixtures, etc and we're only 3 games, so unless you got it fantastically wrong in the pre-season i.e you've still got Barkley in your team, then it's probably best to have a bit of faith in your research and avoid the panic button.

8-)

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

I won't be panicking, I know what I'm doing :wink:

I'm not sure about that reasoning. Depends on the players I suppose but if you think you've picked a dud then I'd say get rid now before it's too late. For example how long would you have sat there with Rat, Vidic, Tonev, and Soldardo last season? I swapped them for Fonte, Coleman, Barkley, and Giroud at the first international break. My only mistake was not doing it after the first weekend.

My general rule is ask yourself 'if you could pick your team again now would you include that player'? If the answer is 'no' then take him out. There's no point sitting there admiring your 16 transfers while your team drops further and further back.

Shaq
Wideboy

Post by Shaq »

shambles of a game, both the Daily Mail and Sky were bigger Monday night so I couldn't bring Valencia off my bench in the DM and couldn't transfer him in on Sky.

BUT....

to top it off I contacted them Monday, it's now Wednesday, have I had a reply? have I f**k! :twisted:

garypeacock
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th in 10/11 elite league & proud

Post by garypeacock »

Not just me then, I keep getting time out messages every time I try and do anything

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

Had a go at a weekly - 15th - not bad one more go, unless my cat fancies a punt

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

pascalevans wrote:Same just happened to me despite having 3 devices and a good internet connection. It wouldn't let me bring Ramsey and Hutton in from my bench for my first team and yet said substitution successful. Was in 276th position which was a reasonable start without transfers or captain changes. Will give up as well unless they alow automatic transfers in retrospect. Shame as I enjoy this game.
Congrats on 1st in the overall leaderboard.

pascalevans
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 6 top 1000 finishes in FPL (best 39) Sky 2nd 2018 Mirror 4th 2015, Sky 5th 2012, Mail 3rd 2011, Metro 2nd 2010

Post by pascalevans »

Thanks but pure luck at this stage of the season. Wish I could replicate Mail and Sky form in the FPL game !

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Sounds like you've got things the right way round to me. The prize in the Mail and Sky is thousands of pounds, what's the prize in FPL? complete against a billion people to win a mars bar or something?*

Back on The Mail, I've been down to two transfers since mid October. What a disaster :lol:

*possible exageration

devilsweep
FISOhead
Location: Up to my neck in it so don't expect loads of posts from me !! Aint got time to type !!
FS Record: 2nd TFF 2015/16, 3rd TFF 2011/12, 2nd TFF Champions League 2011, Centurions winner 2014/15 / 2017/2018 and general Cash League genius

Post by devilsweep »

pascalevans wrote:Thanks but pure luck at this stage of the season. Wish I could replicate Mail and Sky form in the FPL game !
Does anyone know Del Boy ? Trying to work out his bias ? This has been his first decent week in ages saying that. How are you getting on? Still in with a shout ?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”