To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2013-14 Daily Mail Fantasy Football

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: 2013-14 Daily Mail Fantasy Football

Post by Vid »

General info - I've closed the reports on this thread and am currently prepared to let it run as it is, I'd suggest that anyone with a viewpoint invests the time to read the thread through before making judgement and passing comment. I don't want to lock/remove the thread but will do so if forced to.

Robert Wadlow
Treebeard

Post by Robert Wadlow »

Anyone else facebooked to see if Natalie Burt is tidy? :mrgreen:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

This one...

"If you are a member of the league forum that came second people who participated in that league have told me directly they used the glitch. Indeed they have aired it publicly that they think almost everybody on the leaderboard has.

In light of that information your post doesn't seem very clever".

Giggs11 - Who used the glitch because I know for a fact I didn't?

And I've not seen anyone from FF admitting they'd used it either.

I reiterate...

Lugger, I'm still glad you were stripped of the money.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Maldini wrote:Lugger, I'm still glad you were stripped of the money.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion.

When you're not sharing the same opinion about some of the people you know who used it, it kinda makes you come across as bitter though.

I share brazilian's sentiments, anyone with any forethought would;
brazilian wrote:Lugger was robbed !
I have been following this thread for weeks now, and finally joined as I am fed up with thick arrogant people spouting rubbish and holier than thou attitudes. I have played ff for 3 years now, and have won around 10 weekly and monthly prizes mainly on sky ff but also daily mail, and my opinion is that if the game lets you do it, then you must be allowed to do it, as you cannot go over budget as the software doesnt let you, and you cannot have more than 15 transfers as the software doesn't let you, so if you change your team and it is accepted then obviously it must within the rules to do so, and if I had had a team in the top 20 I would have done the same as lugger, as I would have been damn sure most of the teams around me would be using the glitch as well.
Although like I said I would feel aggrieved if by chance I hadn't used the glitch and came near the top, and ofcourse I would complain if that were the case. I don't think that is the case though, although I have no way of knowing. It seems in light of today's revelations GFM have hardly been honest with me, and I have no reason to believe that you didn't use the glitch either.

Swings and roundabouts.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Jagduracell wrote:Your argument seems to be that 'everyone was at it so I should win' rather than 'I cheated as did many others so I hope they have given the prizes to those that won fairly' so I have no sympathy.
Agree, although I have some sympathy. I may have had more if Lugger would have conducted himself a little better on here. However I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel in his situation.

The Mail/GFM should be held more to account than they are and every single year there is a cockup of some sorts. The right thing to do IMO was to report it straight away. There is a host of evidence on this forum of their annual cockups, someone with some skill with words would do well to collate and present a comprehensive, unemotional, report to make as much noise as possible about this.

As I've said previously I'd go straight to the top of GFM - the CEO. Here is his contact details.
http://www.haystackonline.com/agencies/ ... ter-sakal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They also run things like the S*n's cheap holiday giveaway and in the current climate reputation at NI will be important to them.

As for FUBU (Fictitious Usernames Behaving Unscrupulously), good work mmm. I hope you do post again. If he's a "cheat" himself who's reported others for "cheating" then that really is the lowest of the low. I hope the Mail/Metro/GFM take note and investigate fully whom they've paid out to and take him to court to recover the money and give it to charity.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Robert Wadlow wrote:Anyone else facebooked to see if Natalie Burt is tidy? :mrgreen:
You wouldn't kick her out of bed - https://www.facebook.com/natalie.burt.9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robert Wadlow
Treebeard

Post by Robert Wadlow »

Tacalabala wrote:
Robert Wadlow wrote:Anyone else facebooked to see if Natalie Burt is tidy? :mrgreen:
You wouldn't kick her out of bed - https://www.facebook.com/natalie.burt.9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only after she'd helped me with my fantasy teams. :mrgreen:

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

Robert Wadlow wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:

nah, you'd need her to help you down from the bed :lol:

Robert Wadlow
Treebeard

Post by Robert Wadlow »

bigsheff wrote:
Robert Wadlow wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:

nah, you'd need her to help you down from the bed :lol:

bunk bed ladder. 8-)

brazilian
Cheetah

Post by brazilian »

Just to say well done to mmm for fantastic digging/detective work, as when I posted earlier about the Burts it was just a wild hunch, and was expecting to be shot down in flames, when low and behold mmm plays a blinder and puts some solid facts on there, brilliant job matey.
In answer to FUBU05's comment earlier, no I did not look at the final monthly leaderboard, and if Sean Murphy has been cheating then he deserves what you deserve which is nothing, but I would also point out that Murphy is a much more common surname than Burt, and also a person would have to be pretty thick to jeopardise a possible 40grand overall prize by making false accounts to possibly win the £1000 pound monthly prize, and Lugger does not seem stupid.
Again I do not know Lugger, mmm, or Giggs11, and accept that the only people who know this are Lugger, mmm, and Giggs11, but hopefully the post about the ip addresses will stop people from claiming I am Luggers live in lover or long lost relative. Really hope the great work mmm did can help Lugger get some sort of justice, and also really hope Lugger has not had more than 5 teams, or a few of us on here will look pretty stupid.
Good luck Sean I hope you can get some legal help, and get something out of it, it must be shit getting no money, then being branded a cheat, and then finding out the biggest cheat of all got your prize
Also I wouldn't kick Natalie Burt out of bed either, but I would have to kick the rest of the Burt family out first.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Tacalabala wrote:

7/10

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

mad dog wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:

7/10
No football at the moment so 8/10 :lol:

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

brazilian wrote:Just to say well done to mmm for fantastic digging/detective work, as when I posted earlier about the Burts it was just a wild hunch, and was expecting to be shot down in flames, when low and behold mmm plays a blinder and puts some solid facts on there, brilliant job matey.
In answer to FUBU05's comment earlier, no I did not look at the final monthly leaderboard, and if Sean Murphy has been cheating then he deserves what you deserve which is nothing, but I would also point out that Murphy is a much more common surname than Burt, and also a person would have to be pretty thick to jeopardise a possible 40grand overall prize by making false accounts to possibly win the £1000 pound monthly prize, and Lugger does not seem stupid.
Again I do not know Lugger, mmm, or Giggs11, and accept that the only people who know this are Lugger, mmm, and Giggs11, but hopefully the post about the ip addresses will stop people from claiming I am Luggers live in lover or long lost relative. Really hope the great work mmm did can help Lugger get some sort of justice, and also really hope Lugger has not had more than 5 teams, or a few of us on here will look pretty stupid.
Good luck Sean I hope you can get some legal help, and get something out of it, it must be shit getting no money, then being branded a cheat, and then finding out the biggest cheat of all got your prize
Also I wouldn't kick Natalie Burt out of bed either, but I would have to kick the rest of the Burt family out first.
Thanks brazilian I share your sentiments again, although I'll have to have a look at Natalie later to see if I agree on that. :D

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

Jeez, If I was betting in play, I wouldn't know who to back now......I was all in on FUBU as you know, but late substitutions and tactical changes have seen Lugger come right back into this with a late equaliser. Extra time is cagey, but it's certainly going all the way this one! I've laid off on Lugger now, so I should be sat on a profit either way.

It seems I MAY owe Lugger an apology. If I do, he'll get one. Sadly I don't think we'll ever know.......

.........<reaches for more popcorn and plumps cushions>............

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Apologies for the late reply. Late night works night out on the city. So many posts since i last logged on.

The only thing i can say is that i have not cheated this year or in any previous year. I hope others are aware and are not fooled by the fact that mmm, brazilian who had not posted before yesterday are in fact affiliated with Lugger. Now his brother has also entered the party. Its great diversionary tactics from them, especially responding to each other backing each other up almost continuously. Having different IP addresses proves nothing that these users are closely affiliated with Lugger. I was going to create fake accounts and do something silly as well but really i cannot be bothered with it now.

People can choose to believe or not to believe me when i say i have not cheated. To me i know in my heart where i stand.

But Lugger has been caught playing outside the rules this season and rightly has not won the Daily Mail competition. There were plenty of Murphy's on the monthly leaderboard and only Lugger knows if these are truly not affiliated with him.

Lugger has had 2 weeks or so to essentially create user accounts and dig deep in an attempt find out who i am. The goal to prove that i have to be a cheat as i refuse to state who i am. And what is the most amusing aspect is that after all of this time and effort he is WRONG.

I have to plan for a 2 week vacation starting on Thursday. 2 weeks of sun and relaxation and when i return i will be concentrating on the 2014/15 season. So this will be my last post on this thread as it has become quite ridiculous now. I don't want to effectively answer to 4 Lugger accounts when answering to one was hard enough.

The Daily Mail game has and will likely always have flaws. Its the nature of the game. Please feel free to keep contacting the Daily Mail /GFM as i have nothing to hide. BUT ultimately it will not change the decision they have made on the awarding of prizes this season. And in my opinion they reached the correct decision.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

How full of shit you are Justin Natalie and Josephine.

You will be exposed as the cheat you are.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

FUBU05 wrote:People can choose to believe or not to believe me when i say i have not cheated. To me i know in my heart where i stand.
I think they are going to go with not believing you as you've already proven yourself to be a liar on multiple occasions.

You said you finished outside the final prize positions and you didn't.

You said you don't know Natalie Burt and you do.

It's been proven from the links provided that you have claimed to be several people playing the game all with the surname Burt(some with female names). Thereby contravening the Mails rules about entering more than five teams.

Either you have some type of severe personally disorder, or you are a compulsive liar/filthy cheat who has spent seasons trying and succeeding to cheat other players out of money.

I know which camp I think you're firmly in.
FUBU05 wrote:The Daily Mail game has and will likely always have flaws. Its the nature of the game. Please feel free to keep contacting the Daily Mail /GFM as i have nothing to hide. BUT ultimately it will not change the decision they have made on the awarding of prizes this season. And in my opinion they reached the correct decision.
Your story is news worthy in my opinion, and someone needs to pick up on what you've been doing and give you as much bad publicity as possible. Probably one of the reasons you've decided to take yourself off on holiday, are you leaving your consciene in the UK?
Last edited by Lugger on 23 Jul 2014, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Giggs11 wrote:How full of shit you are Justin Natalie and Josephine.

If you are convinced i am a cheat take all the evidence you have to GFM. I'll not be batting an eyelid at it. I don't even know these players but how can you be so sure that they are actual cheats and not individual players playing the game? Take Sean Murphy and now his brother Stephen Murphy both playing the game. If you see both there teams on the Leaderboard you would be thinking same player controlling both teams and this is a "cheat". But this may not be necessarily the case.

signing off.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

FUBU05 wrote:Take Sean Murphy and now his brother Stephen Murphy both playing the game. If you see both there teams on the Leaderboard you would be thinking same player controlling both teams and this is a "cheat". But this may not be necessarily the case.
Except that my brother finished miles behind me because I didn't enter his teams for him.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

FUBU05 wrote:

If you are convinced i am a cheat take all the evidence you have to GFM. I'll not be batting an eyelid at it. I don't even know these players but how can you be so sure that they are actual cheats and not individual players playing the game? Take Sean Murphy and now his brother Stephen Murphy both playing the game. If you see both there teams on the Leaderboard you would be thinking same player controlling both teams and this is a "cheat". But this may not be necessarily the case.

signing off.
When Binky gets hold of GFM tomorrow they`ll be batting their eyelids and it will impact on you Burlington Burty.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Lugger wrote:
I think they are going to go with not believing you as you've already proven yourself to be a liar on multiple occasions.
Haven't proven myself to be a liar. I think you have tried your level best to convince people I am. Facts are you are the one who has cheated and deservedly had your season prize award stripped away.
Lugger wrote:You said you finished outside the final prize positions and you didn't.
I did. But i don't need to keep on attempting to prove this to you.
Lugger wrote:You said you don't know Natalie Burt and you do .
I don't.

Lugger I think you will find your news is worthy of the audience it has received. The first person i believe who has won the Daily Mail season competition to have their cash prize stripped from them. That is MAJOR ground breaking news.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

If Fubu isn`t one of the Burt pikeys then him/she is playing a great straight bat.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

FUBU05 wrote:Haven't proven myself to be a liar.
I think you'll find that you have, your compulsive lies are getting old.

Too much drama for one day for me, I'm off to bed.
Last edited by Lugger on 23 Jul 2014, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Lugger wrote:
FUBU05 wrote:Take Sean Murphy and now his brother Stephen Murphy both playing the game. If you see both there teams on the Leaderboard you would be thinking same player controlling both teams and this is a "cheat". But this may not be necessarily the case.
Except that my brother finished miles behind me because I didn't enter his teams for him.
That's irrelevant as the principle is that someone with the same surname and different christian name does not necessarily have to be controlling all of the teams. its possible each team has an individual manager. As you state is the case of what happened between you and your brother.

I have no affiliation with the Burt's but where has it been proven that they have cheated??The fact that you have found 3 Christian names with a Burt Surname. I found 5 different Murphy christian names on the Monthly leaderboard yet you claim to not be managing all these teams. I'm just trying to understand the logic here, as it seems 1 rule applies to you and a next to others. So we can have multiple Murphy's but they are individually managed teams. But if you have other teams such as the Burt's you have mentioned, they must be "cheats" and not individually managed. Makes no sense. Surely you have to prove someone is managing multiple teams before determining they are cheats as you have found multiple christian names linked to the same surname. Its not always the case they are being managed by 1 manager but of course i am aware this can be the case and possibly it is often the case.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Giggs11 wrote:
FUBU05 wrote:

signing off.
When Binky gets hold of GFM tomorrow they`ll be batting their eyelids and it will impact on you Burlington Burty.
Giggs11, who is this Binky you keep talking of? Read your post about your mini league and if you feel the Burt's had multiple teams managed by 1 manager then certainly take it up with the Daily Mail / GFM. Not sure how it can be proved based on the example i gave with Stephen Murphy and Sean Murphy having teams. How do we really know those 10 teams (and more on the monthly leaderboard) were not being managed by the 1 Murphy manager. Im just thinking its terribly difficult to prove.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Lugger wrote:
FUBU05 wrote:Haven't proven myself to be a liar.
I think you'll find that you have, your compulsive lies are getting old.

Too much drama for one day for me, I'm off to bed.
Wish i could join you for the next round tomorrow but will be unable too.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

This is all you need to know from the evidence posted;
mmm wrote:Ok, I'll try to explain this to you. Based on what I discovered this morning, there are only two possibilities here.

1. You are Justin Burt. If you are Justin Burt then you're a cheat.

2. You are not Justin Burt. If you are not Justin Burt then for some reason you have been indirectly pretending to be Justin Burt and the rest of the Burt family for the last 5 or 6 years and you're actually just some nutter who has never won anything.

If I wanted estimate the probabilities then I'd go 99.9% option one, and 0.1% option 2. So can I prove that you are Justin Burt? Well, I'm taking proof in this instance to be 100% so the answer is no, I can't prove it.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Lugger wrote:This is all you need to know from the evidence posted;
mmm wrote:Ok, I'll try to explain this to you. Based on what I discovered this morning, there are only two possibilities here.

1. You are Justin Burt. If you are Justin Burt then you're a cheat.

2. You are not Justin Burt. If you are not Justin Burt then for some reason you have been indirectly pretending to be Justin Burt and the rest of the Burt family for the last 5 or 6 years and you're actually just some nutter who has never won anything.

If I wanted estimate the probabilities then I'd go 99.9% option one, and 0.1% option 2. So can I prove that you are Justin Burt? Well, I'm taking proof in this instance to be 100% so the answer is no, I can't prove it.
All hear say and speculation based on poorly founded facts in which dots that don't exist were drawn to lead to me being Justin Burt. You and your new found online buddy i am afraid have come to entirely the wrong conclusion. Like i have said before i am not Justin Burt and more importantly how can you prove the 3 Burt names you obtained "cheated" no more than we can prove Stephen Murphy / Sean Murphy and the multiple Murphy names on the monthly lederboard were solely managed by you and hence you cheated. Wouldn't it be speculation if i said that you cheated by managing all these other Murphy teams as well as your brothers? Deep down only you know if you attempted to cheat by having additional teams but ultimately its all speculation to whether these 3 Burt teams you identified did cheat. As there is a possibility they were managed individually just like you state was the case with and your brother's teams.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Here is the table that mmm linked with what you stated in the post underneath it;
1 Andrew Hill Team2 19126
2 Liza Lawes Derek 19050
3 Andy Potter Aldershot Rejects 19022
4 Craig Thamotheram BTC 2 18978
5 Ben Garlick Wardsters Remorse 18967
6 Paul Donkersley Paul Psychic Octopus 18949
7 Penny Haynes Snoopy 18948
8 pascal evans covport2 18914
9 Sandy Domingos Tutti Frutti 2 18909
10 Steve Legg stegg4 18898
11 Craig Thamotheram BTC4 18866
12 Craig Thamotheram BTC 18834
13 Justin Burt Smooth Criminal 18832
14 Andrew Hill team5 18803
15 Pat Lawes pad1 18802
16 Neil Carrington FrankieFrog5 18742
17 Ben Short Ameobis Angels 18736
18 michael newton killers 11 team 3 18735
19 Andrew Hill Left Side Over Here 18730
20 Craig Thamotheram BTC4 18717
FUBU05 wrote:Cheers Andy,

My name is amongst those in this list although with the way the format of this game is I do believe a lot more teams outside the top 20 have a realistic chance of clinching a season long cash prize. I think this game allows for even more serious gains and to cut down leads even compared to my favourite Daily Mail game in which I'm doing terrible this year.
Here is the final table, on which you claimed to be outside the top three positions;
1 Sean Murphy Superabo2
2 Kevin Beauchamp Here we go
3 Justin Burt Courtney Walsh
4 Keith Chimley Harold V
5 Phillip Chan Team 2
6 David Nuttie Nutstar 3
7 Alan Richards chatsworth 1
8 Mike Pensionista Pensionista's 3
9 Neil Holmes MUDAHIM
10 Michael Boak Brybo5
11 David Nuttie Nutstar 1
12 Olivia Redfern Briggs LIVI
13 Natalie Burt Team 4
14 David Nuttie Nutstar 4
15 Brian Wells Good riddance Sir Al
16 George Went 3S4
17 Justin Burt Curtley Ambrose
18 Peter Daly daly2
19 Steven Donkersley Harlequins
20 Annette Potts winpots4
FUBU05 wrote:I had to make unwise transfers and changes but came within a whisker of catching you buddy. The fact that i almost beat you without using the glitch does not really present as a highly skilled Fantasy Footballer. Certainly not one to be jealous of. Yuck!
So you've said here and in other places that you finished near the top without using the glitch. You also said in the other thread that you were on that top 20 list.
The only name that is the same on both list's is Justin Burt, the only explanation is that you are Justin Burt!

The only other surname that is the same in both top 20's is Donkersley, but they both have different forenames?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Wonder which passport he'll use to go on holiday.

So Fubu - just to be 100% clear you're not Justin Burt? You don't know or have any affiliation with Josephine or Natalie Burt?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”