To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2013-14 Daily Mail Fantasy Football

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Lugger
Treebeard

Re: 2013-14 Daily Mail Fantasy Football

Post by Lugger »

As far as Maldini and others insinuations that I was only doing well in the game because I was taking advantage of some sort of loophole, that doesn't bear out with the facts. I was still well behind most of the leaders(including Justin Burt) going into the second half of the season. People were posting regular updates of the league table on the other fantasy website if you care to have a look. Me and my brother were the only two people in our mini-league and we were still behind Fiso's own mini-league going into the second half of the season, we ended up in third position in front of the Fiso league.

I offered to send FUBU05 this text between me and my brother at the time, but he declined. Look at the date on the text message, it's clear from the text message that I didn't know a glitch even existed in the first half of the season. If I recall correctly I transferred someone in and switched the captaincy to them about four months into the season, the glitch apparently lasted for five months.
Text Message.jpg
It's already been clarified that FUBU05 had been entering multiple entries in contravention of the Mails rules, the difference if it needs to be stated is that he was premeditatedly cheating on quite a large scale entering 15-20+ teams when the rules only allow for individuals to enter five per-entry. If my maths is correct that was giving him a 70+% advantage over other people who were abiding by the rules. Judging from some of the comments in the thread though there were quite a few people with multiple entries. Here was the section in the terms and conditons for clarity;
Terms and Conditions wrote:Those wishing to participate in the MailOnline Fantasy Football Game may only register on the MailOnline Fantasy Football Game Site or Mobile Website, which will allow up to five teams to be created and managed. Participants found to have registered more than five teams may be removed from the MailOnline Game, disqualified and not be eligible to win prizes. If you do not provide your real name when registering, you may not be able to claim any prize for which you otherwise would be eligible. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties and such entries will be deemed void.
The representative from GFM Holdings Scott specifically told me they looked to disqualify people with multiple entries. When I asked him why they had not made people aware of the glitch on the Mails fantasy site, he told me the problem with the glitch was already on lots of social media. When I pushed him to tell me what sites he was talking about he couldn't give me an answer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mharv
Treebeard

Post by mharv »

All very interesting for you, but I don't suppose you've found out anything of practical interest to anyone else, such as rule changes for the game about to launch this season?

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

I was told a lot of other stuff but I can't 100% corroborate what I've been told so I won't post it here. The only thing I'd consider posting was if I found out any of the winners had any association with the Mail or GFM Holdings.

To summarize the Mail disqualified people in the 2013/14 season for doing something which their terms and conditions stated you could do. The Mail also never made a revised table public with the revised scores, this hasn't happened in any other fantasy game I am aware of. The Mail also refused to give me an explanation of how they deducted points from my overall score. It looks like the Mail has been awarding substantial prize money for two seasons in a row to someone who has been entering multiple entries in contravention of their rules. I've no idea why none of the other prize winners on the table didn't come forward to lend some clarity to what went on, but that is their prerogative I guess. I don't need to mention again the situation with the monthly winners as people are already aware of it on here.

I thought I'd post an update because it was interesting if anything else. I'll let people draw their own conclusions from the facts. If anyone from my local MLA's office happens to read this thanks again fo your help, and thanks to the ASA for looking into the matter for me.

Good luck to everyone for the new season in whatever games you decide to compete it, and let the battle commence. :D

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

mharv wrote:All very interesting for you, but I don't suppose you've found out anything of practical interest to anyone else, such as rule changes for the game about to launch this season?
I don't play the Mails game anymore, so I'm no good to you I'm afraid.

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

I've completely forgotten who's side I'm on. And I'll be jiggered if I'm reading all that again. Can someone auto pick me a side to follow please? I'm happy to sling mud either way...

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Sport Billy wrote:I've completely forgotten who's side I'm on. And I'll be jiggered if I'm reading all that again. Can someone auto pick me a side to follow please? I'm happy to sling mud either way...
My summary of the first 16 pages here

Apparently there is someone in place to run this season's game, what it may be and when its likely to launch (if at all) remains to be seen.

mharv
Treebeard

Post by mharv »

http://fantasyfootball.dailymail.co.uk/

but no other news so far.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”