To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Value Players

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Value Players

Post by CptPugwash »

One of the main reasons why the Mail is my favourite fantasy game is that it's not just about picking the highest scoring/value players but about how well they fit together in terms of fixture rotation. Nether the less with only 100m for 15 players, we need to find some good value and hidden gems from somewhere. Here's my early thoughts, but i need some help.
Defenders.
Coleman EVE 4.3m
Terry CHE 5.7m
Taylor NEW 3.4m
Lovren SOT 3.8m
Rat WHM 3.3m
Midfield
Bo Kyung CAR 4.0m
Gibson EVE 4.8m
Coutinho LIV 8.0m
Zaha MUN 5.1m ?
Ramirez SOT 6.1m
Adam STO 5.0m
Shelvey SWA 5.1m
Paulinho TOT 6.5m
Nolan WHM 7.1m
Forwards
Kone EVE 8.3m
Bony SWA 6.6m
Rosenborg WBA 4.8m ?

Who's the best on my list, who shouldn't be there, who have i missed?

Tim Bisley
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF MOTM - January 2012, TFF Tinkerman weekly winner, TFF MOTW - May 2013, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th

Re: Value Players

Post by Tim Bisley »

Good set of posts CP. The Mail game is up there with the best but TFF still edges it for me.

I think Bony at £6.6M is a no brainer and I've also used a mixture of Lovren, Rat and Bo Kyung. I hadn't noticed Coleman was so cheap so thank you.

Fernandinho at City could prove to be a bargain. He always looked very handy for Shakhtar in the Champions League.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Personally I wouldn't start with Bony, swansea's first 7 consist of 3 big7 homes & 4 aways. Not only is that likely to impact on scoring/assist points, but also the valuable 3pts per win. I think you're better off lining him up for an October transfer. Having said that of course last season I had 3 swans on my bench for the opening day in FPL (my 4 subs that day outscored my actual 11).
I watched a lot of Shaktar on the red button last season as I backed them to win the Champions League (not my best bet ever). So any player than shined in that collection of disinterested mercenaries has to be a decent player. The only reservations are how sure is he to play and how far up the pitch.

Tim Bisley
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF MOTM - January 2012, TFF Tinkerman weekly winner, TFF MOTW - May 2013, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th

Post by Tim Bisley »

Good point and I'll probably start 4-4-2 with a view of swapping a midfielder to Bony (4-3-3) after the Swansea's difficult start.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

There does seem a real shortage of obvious value players this season. I'm having to consider quite a few players I don't really know anything about :? I'm assuming Paulinho is a guarenteed started so you can't go too far wrong there. Zaha, Adam, and Shelvey really depends how much action they're getting, ones to keep an eye on maybe. I wouldn't consider Gibson or Taylor as they're certain to get injured.

Coleman I like but if you're having Baines do you really want two Everton defenders? Alcaraz is also very cheap but will be a starter?

I was planning on George Boyd as a cheap one and Miralles as a mid price value one but they're both down as forwards :roll: I like Whittingham at Cardiff but he's not even that cheap. I'm finding this the hardest game to put together a side I'm happy with and it doesn't help with Bale and Rooney still hanging around....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”