To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Metro 2012 newbie to Metro so need rules clarification

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
jb1000000
Treebeard

Metro 2012 newbie to Metro so need rules clarification

Post by jb1000000 »

As the title suggests I could do with a bit of help

1) People on FISO are talking about transfers between games (within 1 gameweek).
Does this mean:
(a) you can have more than 11 players playing/scoring in each gameweek or
(b) if you have a player who does nothing in a game you can transfer him out for someone playing later and hope he does better?
(c) something else entirely

2) Are there any price rises?

3) If all of your players get knocked out after the group stages will you have to take a big hit just to field a team (or at least any more than the free transfers available)

4) anything else that people think a newbie might overlook?

(I have had a look at the rules page but a lot of it is a little over my head so any friendly clarification would be really appreciated)

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Re: Metro 2012 newbie to Metro so need rules clarification

Post by bennyc »

jb1000000 wrote:As the title suggests I could do with a bit of help

1) People on FISO are talking about transfers between games (within 1 gameweek).
Does this mean:
(b) if you have a player who does nothing in a game you can transfer him out for someone playing later and hope he does better?

You pick a squad of 15 players and can rotate the starting XI between each fixture to maximise the number of scoring opportunities. Say you have two strikers playing in the 5pm kick off and one on your bench due to play at 7.45pm - you could sub one of those strikers out and bring in the one from your bench for the late kick off. Transfers are self explanatory really - each game week you get two free and four at 25pt cost. Note squad rotation of the initial 15 don't count as transfers

No.

3) If all of your players get knocked out after the group stages will you have to take a big hit just to field a team (or at least any more than the free transfers available)

Yes.

Look at the different ways players score points. Amongst others 1pt per completed pass in the final third mean that players like Xavi, Ozil etc. could rack up big points just be doing that even if they're not scoring or assisting.

(I have had a look at the rules page but a lot of it is a little over my head so any friendly clarification would be really appreciated)

jb1000000
Treebeard

Post by jb1000000 »

bennyc wrote:
jb1000000 wrote:As the title suggests I could do with a bit of help

Does this mean:

You pick a squad of 15 players and can rotate the starting XI between each fixture to maximise the number of scoring opportunities. Say you have two strikers playing in the 5pm kick off and one on your bench due to play at 7.45pm - you could sub one of those strikers out and bring in the one from your bench for the late kick off. Transfers are self explanatory really - each game week you get two free and four at 25pt cost. Note squad rotation of the initial 15 don't count as transfers

No.

Yes.

Look at the different ways players score points. Amongst others 1pt per completed pass in the final third mean that players like Xavi, Ozil etc. could rack up big points just be doing that even if they're not scoring or assisting.

Cheers muchly. You're a star

Does the transfers work the same as the subs ie. if one of your strikers scores poorly in a 5pm game can you transfer another in to replace him for the later kickoff?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I can see nothing in the rules regarding when teams entered after the first kick off start scoring. Is it;

(a) from the next kick off
(b) from the start of the next game week
(c) never (all teams must be entered by 5pm today)

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Striker wrote:I can see nothing in the rules regarding when teams entered after the first kick off start scoring. Is it;

Doesn't anyone know the answer. A response of a,b, or c would suffice, as long as you are sure.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

This rules out c:
'Entries will not be accepted into the competition after the scheduled kick-off of the Final in Match Week 6 on the 1st July, 2012.'

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Thanks very much bloggie, I should have seen that. :oops:

But does anyone know whether its a or b. Be a bit silly to enter some teams over the weekend to find that they are not scoring during first round matches.

City4United1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by City4United1 »

jb1000000 wrote: 3) If all of your players get knocked out after the group stages will you have to take a big hit just to field a team (or at least any more than the free transfers available)
I think that in the later stages (assuming the usual suspects get through) it may be impossible to field a full team just because of the cost restrictions.

Also, think very carefully about the timing of transfers and captain changes. Watch out for having too many players from the same match (can't field 2 goalkeepers or 5 defenders).

tommeyy
Treebeard

Post by tommeyy »

What happens to captains extra points if I change captain mid match week?

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Striker wrote:
Striker wrote:I can see nothing in the rules regarding when teams entered after the first kick off start scoring. Is it;

Doesn't anyone know the answer. A response of a,b, or c would suffice, as long as you are sure.
'If you register tonight, you'll start scoring point tomorrow!...'

From Metro's twitter

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

andye wrote:
Striker wrote:

'If you register tonight, you'll start scoring point tomorrow!...'

From Metro's twitter
Cheers Andy - perhaps I need to start twottering and twattering

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”