To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Help - Formation Rule: Metro Interpretation Wrong!!

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
FUBU05
FISOhead

Help - Formation Rule: Metro Interpretation Wrong!!

Post by FUBU05 »

Dear fella Fisoer's,

I have the following team in Euro Metro that consists of the following players playing a 3-4-3 formation

Lloris (Goalie)

Boateng (Defender)

Bosingwa (Defender)

Alves (Defender)

Xaxi (Midfielder)

Muller (Midfielder)

Silva (Midfielder)

Shirokov (Midfielder)

Ronaldo (Striker)

Messi (Striker)

Villa (Striker)

Subs in order: 1. Miguel (Defender), 2. Campanero (Defender) 3. Zanetti (Midfielder)

In the last game week Villa and Xavi did not play. But they gave me points for both of my defenders on my subs bench. But this cannot happen surely as this would have made a 5-3-2 formation that is not possible according to the valid formation rules of Metro. I expected to get 1 defender points and 1 midfielder points (Zanetti) from my bench.

I queried the Metro on this and this is there response below which I do not fully understand. If anyone could shed some light on what the Metro is saying below it would be most appreciated:

""Dear xxxx,

Here's the response we sent you back on the 3rd November in relation to your query: 'When we run the auto-sub calculations, we do this one at a time based on the priority order of your subs and as you point out, the need to maintain a valid formation at all times. But the auto-subs are added uniquely rather than collectively, if that makes sense, in the event you have more than one player in your starting XI who doesn't play in any Match Week - we do it this way to try and maximise the number of potential auto-subs we can carry out in the event that multiple players from your starting XI don't play. So in this week's case for your teams, each of your missing players was replaced in turn by a sub who did play who could maintain a valid formation which is why the two defenders were able to score for you. In each instance a valid formation was able to be kept whereas if we had applied both at the same time, you're correct, an invalid formation would have been formed. I hope this helps!'

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Help - Formation Rule: Metro Interpretation Wrong!!

Post by GM »

Did all your defenders play

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Yes they did. My issue is with the fact that you cannot play a 5-3-2 formation and they have allocated me points for all 5 of my defenders.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I think what they're saying is that each substitution is to be treated as a kind of stand alone event. So Villa doesn't play and is replaced in a team, 4-4-2, with Miguel.

In a separate event Xavi doesn't play and is replaced in a 4-3-3 team with Campanero. So Miguel and Campanero don't actually play in the same team. Kind of thing.

I think this is actually the easiest and fairest way to use the subs. So why they've chosen to write the rules in a way that makes it look like it works in a totally different and more complicated way I don't know :?

I don't know this for sure, I'm just guessing going on what they've written. To be honest this format is so weird I've never bothered checking scores, I don't even know the rules, I just try and get 11 on the pitch each week with a decent captain and hope for the best.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”