To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Metro Champions League game

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Metro Champions League game

Post by oldbigead »

Didn't play the main metro game this year so am very new to the rules...abiout 20 mins ago. They do seem very bizarre so just wanted to check i was interpreting them right?

So is it right that you can't make transfers after todays kick offs for tomorrows games? I'm fairly clear on that but can i also not bring my substitutes off my bench for tomorrows games? That really does seem strange.

Also what the cut off for transfers for tonight? One place i read 7.30pm and somewhere else i see its 5.30?

If anyone could clarify what they think it would be much appreciated.

odelay
Treebeard

Post by odelay »

Just checked my teams as wanted to get rid of a cole and it said no transfers could be made. Checked a few minutes later and could do it.

So looks like there could be a few gremlins on the site. Think the deadline is 1930 but got my teams pretty much sorted. Just hope I can make a few changes if the likes of Valencia and Nani don't play. Sure to be a few other bargains to be had too.

Good luck

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

oldbigead wrote:Didn't play the main metro game this year so am very new to the rules...abiout 20 mins ago. They do seem very bizarre so just wanted to check i was interpreting them right?

So is it right that you can't make transfers after todays kick offs for tomorrows games? I'm fairly clear on that but can i also not bring my substitutes off my bench for tomorrows games? That really does seem strange.

Also what the cut off for transfers for tonight? One place i read 7.30pm and somewhere else i see its 5.30?

If anyone could clarify what they think it would be much appreciated.
It's definitely 7.30 pm

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Plus you're right in that the team is literally frozen after each weekly deadline.Subs,captain changes and transfers make no difference only to next week's team and no auto subs either if any of your 1st 11 don't play.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Having spent an age picking my teams for this competition I've only just realised you can't rotate your subs bench between Tuesday and Wednesday night :shock:

What a waste of effing time.

At least the TFF game should start after xmas so i can forget about this cr*p. The game worked perfectly well in years gone by so why change it to this mess? :evil:

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Thought I'd had a reasonable start in this, the usual suspects Messi, Villa, Sneijder, D.Alves, Bastos...but all jumbled up across the 5 sides and let down with some Rooney*, Inter defenders and such like. Still have a fair crop tomorrow night, so hope I can match some points up then :roll:

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

one team with Messi (c), Villa, Sneijder, Alves + 5 playing tomorrow
one team with Messi (c), Sneijder + 7 playing tomorrow

i'm thinking Messi may be a popular captain choice so I won't get too excited

littlefeller
Treebeard
FS Record: Sportsbox World Cup winner 2010
7th place TFF 2017

Post by littlefeller »

Yup Messi captain here too.

mkc0303
FISOhead

Post by mkc0303 »

bennyc wrote:Having spent an age picking my teams for this competition I've only just realised you can't rotate your subs bench between Tuesday and Wednesday night :shock:

What a waste of effing time.
Snap!!

Just tried to rotate my bench (all Chelsea) to bring them in for tomorrow and realised I cannot do it!!!
It'll teach me to read the rules I suppose but it worked that way for the WC so I did not think it would have changed???

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

I was assuming you can't change in the same game week (ie tuesday - Wednesday) same as the Premier version. But now it has a clock saying the next round is in 12hrs 41 mins. :? . Trouble is I only picked one player who plays today in my squad. Had a pretty good start too 4 goals and full house of clean sheets (although * Villa instead of Messi).

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Finished 19th in last years Sun Dream Team, best on FISO

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

'Ol Stinky is expecting to feature in the early leaders, would be extrememly surprised if not:

Casillas (to play), Dani Alves, Bale, Luisao, Coentrao, Pjanic, Gourcuff, Gronkjaer, Pedro, Villa, Messi (c). 460pts?

Wasnt too sure either of the subs situation, after only getting into the game yesterday, so not a bad effort at all i'd say! :D

Got another strong team, with Coentrao, Luisao, Park, Pedro, Messi, Villa (c), and 5 to play: Casillas, Ramos, J A Riise, Ozil, Fabregas. 330pts?

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

bennyc wrote: The game worked perfectly well in years gone by so why change it to this mess? :evil:
Hi Ben

They have explicitly stated that they didn't want the same names at the top of the leaderboard every year so changed the rules of both games (Premier League and Champions League) to take the skill out of it

Andy

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

I don't think picking Messi as captain required too much skill andye :lol:

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

andye wrote:
bennyc wrote: The game worked perfectly well in years gone by so why change it to this mess? :evil:
Hi Ben

They have explicitly stated that they didn't want the same names at the top of the leaderboard every year so changed the rules of both games (Premier League and Champions League) to take the skill out of it

Andy
'Morning

Is this online somewhere, or just in a conversation you had with them (metro, or gfm)?

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Rick wrote:I was assuming you can't change in the same game week (ie tuesday - Wednesday) same as the Premier version. But now it has a clock saying the next round is in 12hrs 41 mins. :?
You can't.
The clock must be wrong.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

quizking wrote:
andye wrote:
Hi Ben

Andy
'Morning

Is this online somewhere, or just in a conversation you had with them (metro, or gfm)?
Online - pm sent

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

yawn

Anybody else pick that little beauty Luisao, Benfica captain a right bargain at 3.6m in a relatively easy group.

Clean sheet and scored too!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

andye wrote:
Hi Ben

Andy

Thanks for letting me know. Not that I ever troubled the top of the leaderboard :wink:

It just seems a bizarre way to run a game.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

dead parrot wrote:
Rick wrote:I was assuming you can't change in the same game week (ie tuesday - Wednesday) same as the Premier version. But now it has a clock saying the next round is in 12hrs 41 mins. :?
You can't.
The clock must be wrong.
Good, and I see that it's been amended now. :)

Wish I had remembered this comp before 7.20 yesterday, might have managed to get more than the one team in.

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

Come on guys, lets stop cryin over the rules, theyre the same for everybody :D

Im got 460 pts (4-4-2), can anyone top this?

Casillas - to play

Luisao - 75
Coentrao - 35
Dani Alves - 50
Bale - 15

Gourcuff - 15
Pjanic - 15
Gronkjaer - 15
Pedro - 50

Villa - 40
Messi (c) - 150
Last edited by STINKYGOLDFISH on 15 Sep 2010, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

STINKYGOLDFISH wrote:Come on guys, lets stop cryin over the rules, theyre the same for everybody :D

Im got 460 pts, can anyone top this?

I've deliberately steered clear of The Sun forum as a result of you and a couple of others who talk rubbish all day. Please don't pollute this thread.

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

I'm playing the Metro game, like you, so shut up and listen.

Can you beat 460? Thats all im asking

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

[quote="STINKYGOLDFISH"]I'm playing the Metro game, like you, so shut up and listen.

Cant you leave being an arse on the Sun Forum?

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

Is this systematic bullying? That's 2 of you already causing trouble.

I'm playing this game like you, only better probably.

Dont throw cheap shots in jealous rants towards me you imbeciles!

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

Anyone setting up a Mini-League (given there is the slimmest chance of a prize for the M/L winner if we win the prize draw)?

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

I can set one up if you like, given that ive got a few teams started well. Mainly Barca/Lyon/Madrid/Benfica defenders/Bale on my teams

EDIT: I've set one up, these are the details, and its free to join

Metroid Prime

PIN: 8001822

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Not that it matters much with not being able to make changes for tonight anyway, but Ancelotti has named the Chelsea team already for tonights game - took a punt on Kalou knowing Drob was isuspended but he's not made it in to the first XI:

Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Zhirkov, Essien, Benayoun, Mikel, Sturridge, Malouda, Anelka

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Stinky what happens if Anelka, Malouda, Ronaldo, Higuain, Fabregas, Chamakh and the like all score braces/hatricks and then Carvalho, Marcelo, Ramos, Terry, Ivanovic all get cleansheets and maybe the odd goal?

my point is theres saying 'this is how I did last night' or to your extreme 'I'm killing this game already after 1 day!!!'

if all the big hitters fail tonight then well done...............but I wouldn't count on it in maintaining your impressive start.

revisit this thread at 10pm or tomorrow when the scores are officially updated to begin your boasting.

Benny he's in here polluting this thread as he's kinda struggling to boast in the Suns thread eh Stinky :lol:

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

Chucky egg, bride of Chucky, whatever you Chuckin well wanna pretend to be :lol:

I'm happy with this start, VERY happy indeed thanks.

460pts signed and sealed, no maybes, no could bes.

FACTS :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”