To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Metro Champions League game

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Metro Champions League game

Post by bennyc »

I've really enjoyed the CL game over the last couple of seasons but it looks like they won't be doing it this year :(

More focused on their cr*p PAYG tournaments :roll:

A shame.

Admin Edit: Game launched per below

davidleve
Treebeard

Re: No Champions League game then

Post by davidleve »

How to Play
Our Champions League fantasy football game is FREE to play and you can enter up to 5 teams. We’ve increased the number of players in your squad to give you more flexibility and our points system means your players are rewarded for the entire performance on the pitch.

If you need to get in touch, drop us an email at fantasygames@react-now.co.uk and we'll get straight back to you.

Creating Your Squad
Choose 15 players to form your squad, one who must be nominated as your captain. You have £100m to spend and must choose:

2 goalkeepers
5 defenders
5 midfielders
3 strikers
Once you’ve chosen your squad, you must select which 11 players you’re going to have on the pitch at the start of the tournament. You can choose any of the following team formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or 4-5-1.

Scoring Points
Only players in your ‘current XI’ score points, with your captain scoring double points. All players will score points for the following actions:

Attacking Points:
Goal Scored by a Goalkeeper: 50
Goal Scored by Defender: 40
Goal Scored by a Midfielder and Striker: 25
Hat trick bonus: 25
Assist: 10
Penalty miss: -10
Own Goal: -25
Defensive Points:
Penalty Save: 25
Conceded Goal
Goalkeeper: -10
Defender: -5
Appearance Points:
Named in the starting eleven: 15
Brought on as sub: 5
Fouls:
Yellow card: -5
2nd Yellow card (and red card): -10
Straight red card: -15
Only Champions League games will count for scoring.

Scores and leaderboards will be updated daily on the Game Website.

Substitutions and Transfers
You’ll be able to make 25 transfers throughout the whole Champions League tournament. Transfers take effect for the following game-round. E.g. If you make a change at 5:00pm on Tuesday 14 2010, those changes will be active for that round of games and onwards. If a you make changes at 6:30pm on Tuesday September 14 2010, those changes will not become active until the following round of games. The same applies to Captain changes.

During the season, you can make unlimited changes to your team by making substitutions, promoting players from your bench into your starting XI.

Substitutions and formation changes also follow the game-round structure and act in the same way as captain changes in that they can be continually changed throughout the round but will be fixed at the start of the game-round for scoring in the following game-round.

Team Captain
You are not penalised for changing your captain more than once and can make multiple changes to your captain. However, whichever player is selected as captain at the start of each game-round will be your point scoring captain for the remainder of that game-round. If you transfer your captain out of your squad, the incoming player automatically takes on the captaincy without using up a captain change. Captain changes are effective from the next game-round.

Mini Leagues
As usual you’ll be able to challenge your mates in your own private league. Just get 5 or more mates together and see if you can claim bragging rights at the end of the game!

Win cash with our Tournaments
You’ll be able to enter any of your five teams into our cash tournaments. A single team can only be in one tournament but you can be in the same tournament more than once. Tournaments are ‘pay to enter’ and have a range of entry fees and payouts.

Prizes
There’s £10,000 up for grabs – click here for a full breakdown.

ROCKFISHDG
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL Results (06/07~9,044) (07/08~68,533) (08/09~14,557) (09/10~8,120) (10/11~9,875) (11/12~17,404) (12/13~41,149) (13/14~342,190)(14/15~223,908) (15/16~435,446) (16/17~105,445) (17/18~2266~34,029) (18/19~367,582) (19/20~64,137)

Post by ROCKFISHDG »

Speaking of no Champions League, I'm surprised they haven't launched the game on uefa.com yet... Only eight days until kickoff!

steve foster
FISOhead

Post by steve foster »

Link :)
http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

abc
Treebeard

Post by abc »

steve foster wrote:Link :)
http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Your link is for Premier League site and advertising CL.I realise from how to play section, the rules are different.
The proper link is;
http://fantasyeurope.metro.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

No points for a clean sheet or have i missed something ? :shock:

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

The Bear wrote:No points for a clean sheet or have i missed something ? :shock:
I noticed this too!! :shock: Surely an oversight?? :? I have emailed them regarding this, for confirmation of the scoring system for keepers and defenders. I'll let you know when I get a response.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

Well fair play to them for a quick response, but not the response I was expecting?? :?
fantasygames wrote:Hi
There are no points awarded to goalkeepers and defenders for clean sheets in the Champions League game this season.
Oh well, I suppose its something different? :shock: :?

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Excellent news that they are running this game again :D

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Mintman wrote:Well fair play to them for a quick response, but not the response I was expecting?? :?
fantasygames wrote:Hi
There are no points awarded to goalkeepers and defenders for clean sheets in the Champions League game this season.
Oh well, I suppose its something different? :shock: :?

They gave you duff information. I just asked them why they were no clean sheet points on their Facebook page and got this response

Metro Free Fantasy Football

Hi Ben - We are. The site will be updated shortly with the points system.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Pasted from Facebook below

Metro Free Fantasy Football For the avoidance of any doubt we are awarding points for clean sheets
in the Euro Game. Full details of the rules can be found here:

http://fantasyeurope.metro.co.uk/how-to-play/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Metro Champions League game

Post by Mintman »

Thank god for that!! :D
bennyc wrote:They gave you duff information.
I contacted the email on the metro website which is for the people who run the game for Metro. I would think its been a case of crossed wires between Metro and the people who run the game for them. Imagine what a strange game it would have been without clean sheet points!!

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Mintman wrote:Thank god for that!! :D
I contacted the email on the metro website which is for the people who run the game for Metro. I would think its been a case of crossed wires between Metro and the people who run the game for them. Imagine what a strange game it would have been without clean sheet points!!

Yes i think crossed wires is a fairer assessment than duff information in retrospect :lol:

Delighted this game is up and running. The only season long Champions League game and a good one at that :D

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

bennyc wrote:Delighted this game is up and running. The only season long Champions League game and a good one at that :D
I would have been delighted, if it was the same game/scoring as last year. I will still play this year, but not with 5 teams. ESPN ran a full length champs league game last year, not much in the way of prizes but a good game all the same.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Mintman .. why not 5 teams? It's free,

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

I'll only throw in a couple of token entries cos its free!! Tbh I play FF for enjoyment, and if the WC or this seasons prem game are anything to go by I won't enjoy it!! :cry: I had 5 teams in both last years prem and CL games and fully enjoyed managing all 5 teams in each, but after playing the WC game I only bothered with 1 team in this years prem game.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

I have to say I am finding the scoring of the EPL game a little benign and uninspiring, except for Kirklands -42 for the first two games, that definitely inspired me to remove him :)

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Mintman wrote:Thank god for that!! :D
It's run by GFM,who also run TFF

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Mintman wrote:I would have been delighted, if it was the same game/scoring as last year.
Same here. I really enjoyed last years and was looking forward to another go at it but I won't be bothering with this one :(

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

bennyc wrote:Yes i think crossed wires is a fairer assessment than duff information in retrospect :lol:
I think they have managed to untangle all their wires now as I have just received another email from them...
fantasygames wrote:Hi, Unfortunately the details I provided earlier regarding clean sheets was incorrect. Points will now be awarded to goal keepers and defenders, the player will score 10 points for each 45 minutes that they play. However, if they concede a goal whilst on the pitch they will lose the clean sheet bonus points. Apologies for the incorrect information provided earlier.
Got there in the end!! :D

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Mintman wrote:
bennyc wrote:Yes i think crossed wires is a fairer assessment than duff information in retrospect :lol:
I think they have managed to untangle all their wires now as I have just received another email from them...
fantasygames wrote:Hi, Unfortunately the details I provided earlier regarding clean sheets was incorrect. Points will now be awarded to goal keepers and defenders, the player will score 10 points for each 45 minutes that they play. However, if they concede a goal whilst on the pitch they will lose the clean sheet bonus points. Apologies for the incorrect information provided earlier.
Got there in the end!! :D

Really :shock: You don't say :lol:

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

I thought I'd enter this even if it's just for the £1,000 lucky dip but I'm getting a server error when trying to sign in. I'm an existing user and my email address is already registered.

Is anyone else having issues?

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

DrBunker wrote:I thought I'd enter this even if it's just for the £1,000 lucky dip but I'm getting a server error when trying to sign in. I'm an existing user and my email address is already registered.

Is anyone else having issues?
I've just tried to log in to have a look at my F1 teams and got the same thing. It broke!! :(

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Ah, good old Metro. Now I remember why I stopped playing you! :lol:

tenpinterry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 214th (15/16), 734rd (13/14), 650th (08/09), 507th (07/08) & 132nd (06/07)
Mail - 47th (11/12)
Telegraph - 98th (14/15)

Post by tenpinterry »

Broke for me too. Brings back fond memories of previous Metro games :lol:

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

I find that having received the error if I then select the Metro page again from my favourites it signs in ok.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Am I right in saying that you have to establish your weekly line before 19.30 on Tuesday? Any transfers you make after Tuesday nights games will not count for scoring on the Wednesday night - you have to wait until the next round of fixtures?
Last edited by bennyc on 12 Sep 2010, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Yes.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

bloggie wrote:Yes.
Cheers Liam.

Low maintenance - I like it :D

There's nothing worse than missing the deadline cos you forgot about a 17.30 kick off in Moscow :lol:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

I remember stomping around trying to get my internet connection going one night then Ronaldo got a brace and remembered the next day that if there's a message on the answerphone it used to interfere with the connection sometimes.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”