To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Metro Fantasy Football 2013/14

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Metro Fantasy Football 2013/14

Post by quizking »

Now live:

http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/EN_PR/fantasy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No obvious changes from last term at first glance - main prizes same, though they are still trying to push the weekly buy-in games. Weeekly cut-off times are still there, so the possibility remains for confusion later in the season when rearranged fixtures come into play.

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Re: Metro Fantasy Football 2013/14

Post by edmo33 »

quizking wrote:Now live:

http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/EN_PR/fantasy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No obvious changes from last term at first glance - main prizes same, though they are still trying to push the weekly buy-in games. Weeekly cut-off times are still there, so the possibility remains for confusion later in the season when rearranged fixtures come into play.
Cheers quizking, been busy in work today so got a lot of catching up to do on all the newly launched games.

Did like this game last year, I peaked at 32nd, and will definitely have another go.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Now going to have a look at this. Worth a go for free.

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

This game is usually the definition of confusion. If they are not changing the rules halfway through the season, they at least leave the door open for baffling interpretations of their badly presented rules. It's an interesting game though, if only they could run it better.

Biggest change I have noticed since last season is they have massively increased the prices of loads of players and not just for the top teams. Not saying it should be made easy, but even Man U, Chelsea reserves are horrendously priced, and it's a struggle to field a decent squad at the moment.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Just done my first draft for this - and my god it's full of crap.

Not kidding about trying to make a squad at these prices, but that's definitely a better situation than last year where there was so little differential in the squads.

Anyway my first draft.
The only must have IMO Cazorla 12m gone.
Which Chelsea 4?
Hazard 13m or Mata 13m for GW1 cpt , i have both for now, and at least 1 and probably both are Wk 1&2 free transfers. Initially I had Luiz 7.5m & Cech 4.5m, but i've had to downgrade Luiz to Terry 6m. - so that's 2 of my subs for GW3.

Bloody hell 48.5m gone and only 5 of 15 players chosen.

Well at least I've spotted 3 bargains in defence.
Rat WHM 3.5m :D Toure LIV 4.0m :shock: Lovren SOT 4.0m

Next some subs, well Newcastle have West Ham & Fulham both at home Weeks 2&3
So Krul 3m Santon 5m &... well i wanted Ben Arfa 9m, but there's just no way I can afford 9m players on the bench so instead Tiote :roll: 6.5m

11 players picked 3 midfielders & striker required - all to start Wk1 and 25.5m left.
Coutinho is surely going to prove value at 8.0M, which means not a lot of money for the other 3, who i probably need to start in Wk3 as well as Wk1.
Anyway
Cole WHM 6.0m
Barkley EVE 5.0m
Dobbie CP 5.5m :cry:
are the final 3 pieces of my first draft.

Quite possibly the worst looking fantasy team/squad i have ever assembled. How has everyone else gone on.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

CptPugwash wrote:Quite possibly the worst looking fantasy team/squad i have ever assembled.
Why bother to post a long discussion on your team then? A brief sentence saying that it's difficult to select a good squad due to the tightness of this season's budget would have sufficed. :wink:

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Striker wrote:
CptPugwash wrote:Quite possibly the worst looking fantasy team/squad i have ever assembled.
Why bother to post a long discussion on your team then? A brief sentence saying that it's difficult to select a good squad due to the tightness of this season's budget would have sufficed. :wink:
As I have placed 1st 2nd & 5th in the Metro FF in the past - I just thought some people might be interested in my thought process.

However, that aside it's rather quiet in this particular forum and I was hoping to start some sort of discussion.

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

CptPugwash wrote:
Striker wrote:
As I have placed 1st 2nd & 5th in the Metro FF in the past - I just thought some people might be interested in my thought process.

However, that aside it's rather quiet in this particular forum and I was hoping to start some sort of discussion.
Oooh ooooh - that's a great retort :lol:

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

CptPugwash wrote:
Striker wrote:

I found it interesting and as I prefer a tight budget to something like the Star game will have a good look this year. I think I'll cover all the Chelsea squad players in the five teams as Mourinho may have a surprise or two in the starting eleven. Working from 1.5 upwards on the goalkeepers to find a starter .. don't care who he plays for .. then cheap defenders who should start and see what's left. Will Cazorla get back from Ecuador in time to be considered a starter? Might go for Ramsey there as the manager loves him. There are some silly rules in this game like hand ball penalty and dead in the water subs but it's a freebie so can't complain too much.

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Just checked and have a team in 243rd place, so will take a more active role in transfers going forward to see if I can improve a bit.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Oviedo 2.5m.

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

157th now (and Oviedo :wink: )

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

My top team (Of 2) is in 26th place.

This weekends transfer will be a defensive move to match a player that most of my opponents above me seem to have.

My aim over the last few weeks has been to work to have a squad of 15 playing players, ready for the Xmas rotation.

The Captain choice this weekend is not as clear cut as in previous weekends.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

CptPugwash wrote:
Striker wrote:

Not surprising if you respond earnestly to a joke.

That's also a joke BTW. Come on mix in some repartee with your expertise. Then maybe we'll get this thread going.

On a more serious note, that's a pretty impressive Metro record, especially to one as clueless about the game as myself. I'm playing for the second time this season and still don't know how to pick a team that could get into contention. Whereas in games such as YTM, Star, TFF, when I do well I understand why I have done well, and when I do badly, I understand why I have done badly, with the Metro I still don't have a clue.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Striker

How to do well. Perhaps not the best person to ask but I can tell you

1 - You need 11 starting players as a minimum. Worse case scenario is somone coming on as sub with 5 mins left and getting you 10 points as a minimum

2 - you need players on thr bench who will play. To cover injuries save 25 point hits.

3 - you need to either plan transfers in advace or be prepared to take pints hits when the double game weeks start later in the season. I was to conservative last year.

4. Nail the captains. Bit of luck obviouslly needed.

Anyone else have any thoughts.

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

120th now. Stuck with Suarez as captain (thankfully). Was considering Coleman, but finally decided against it.

Have £3m in the bank, so big decisions for next weekend to look forward to.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

I fell to 48th place last week with my top team.

I captained Aguero and not Suarez.

Not having Henderson also did not help.

Have decided to take a 25pts hit this week and make two injury forced transfers.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

A little bit of Man City striker rotation in a 4-5-1 formation could shake this game up.

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Up to 45th after yesterday, but will doubtless drop back a bit after today's games. Have the following still to come:

Oviedo
Coleman
Barkley
Ozil

Captain (Suarez used up yesterday).

Have £5.5m in the tank so decent transfer scope.

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Up to 32nd, with just Ozil tomorrow, so could drop down a bit after that.

Good day today with Barkley and Coleman scoring. Hoping that the Dubious Goals Panel rule against an Oviedo own goal too.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Unless the goal gets amended today, the OG will stand; as per the goal credite to Suarez the other week.

I have Ozil and Ramsey tomorrow. My ideal scenario would be Ramsey not playing (unlikely) as eveyone else above me has him as well but I have Rooney as 1st sub.

I see you are also in the FISO league.

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

That's right....does that make you MET1 then?

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Yes. My 2 teams are Met 1 and FA Cup winners 2013. I will actively manage both teams as the latter team is in 1st place in the Leeds fans league (Not that I am a Leeds fan) but they did post their PIN details on Facebook and it is currently sitting on just under £50.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

I am being selfish but it could be to by benefit if Arsenal V Chelsea is abandoned. Not everyone will have 2 autosubs on the bench.

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Think I might have to drop Negredo to the bench today and put in an extra midfielder, as not confident he will start after limping off last time.

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Nightmare....Rooney visiting his granny, sub Negredo on the bench and Yaya didn't get on either. Will be losing ground!

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

I will have 11 scoring players this gameweek. I feel that will be an achievement.

I notice the overall leader has joined our little FISO mini league

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Not done well, with Ozil, Toure, Rose and Rooney (Captain) all out, and potential subs being Negredo (1st) and Oviedo (2nd) only.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I don't think I can be bothered with this game next season, for the second year in a row my challenge has been ended by the weather. Every gameweek I slog through all the team news to make sure I've got 11 players out there, then along come a couple of postponements and it's all over.

From about 100th to 550th in a day :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”