To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DOUBLE GAME WEEKS

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

DOUBLE GAME WEEKS

Post by wandacatvenus »

There is never much discussion about this game. You would think nobody actually plays the Metro game and therefore I should now be top of the Leaderboard. Unfortunately I still find 150 teams above me.

Anyway does anybody on FISO care about the next two double game weeks for Chelsea / Southampton in the next game week and Arsenal West Ham the game week after.

I am not to sure about the Chelsea / Southampton game. I have zero Chelsea players but feel I should bring in at least two. (One Chelsea player surely has to Captained during the next game week) at a cost of 25 pts. Rafatation is obviously a risk so I would probably look to Luiz and Mata (An extra problem in this game is that Mata and Hazard are classified as strikers) - No classified midfielders take my fancy as all are likely to play just one of the two games (Oscar/Lampard etc)

As for the Arsenal / West Ham game, I already have two Arsenal players. Cazorla being one (No secret there - He is in 99% of the Top 100 teams) but plan to have four players playing.

Then you have the problem after the two double game weeks of removing those players you dont want and getting back the players you do. You could of course wait for the extra transfers in February but by then another two game weeks will have passed and you could lose 200 -300 pts as a consequence.

Anybody care to discuss?

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Re: DOUBLE GAME WEEKS

Post by Brightwater »

I play it as a sideline with just 2 teams. Started well but slipping. Your post prompted me to take a look.

Team 1 position 3050 doublers: Ivanovich, Cole; planning Puncheon GW22 free transfer.
Jussi, Reid, Nolan; Vermaelen, Cazorla; planning Walcott GW23 free transfer.

Team 2 position 2455 doublers: Ivanovich; Lambert, planning Puncheon GW22 free transfer.
Jussi, Nolan; Vermaelen, Cazorla, Walcott.

So far I have just done single free transfers. I think 25 point hit per doubler is worth it, so will squeeze some more in if I can afford it and want to keep them. I agree Mata and Hazard classified as strikers are a pain, but may still get Mata.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

63 views and one reply - Thank you Brightwater. No point in trying to generate any
discussion here.

So I take it no one on FISO is doing any double game week transfers, or is everyone still
fancying their chances of taking the top prize and keeping things close to their chest

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I'm not playing this game this season, are the points as generous as last season? When I played points per game would be approx:-

20 :arrow: 35 average
35 :arrow: 60 good
60 :arrow: 90 excellent
90+ Ballacks why didn't I captain him

That being the case I would be tempted to to bring in the max each week. I would work on a 50 point penalty for extra games as you would have to transfer a player back out. We're talking about Chelsea and Arsenal here though so a daisy chain and a possible "keep" at the end of it would revise my estimate of 50 point per extra transfer to 75 over two games (37.5 per game).

Therefore if I could justify 37 points from an incoming player I'd go for it. Plenty of candidates in both the Arsenal and Chelsea teams I'd have in my team

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Nice the hear from you Wilbert.

An average score of 50 points is OK. 55 points is good and 60 pts is excellent.

I also agree with your 50 pts hit rationale (Beyond your weekly free transfer) if you need to transfer your double gameweek player back out.

Of the strikers who have played a resonable number of games, only 3 have scored more than 60 pts per game. Hazard and Mata are both classified as strikers in this game and average 57pts and 58pts per game on average. So taking a 50pts hit bringing one or both in for an overall 8 pts gain is questionable, particularly when you may need to drop RVP or Suarez to accomodate them.

Of the midfield players only 2 in the game have averaged over 60 pts, Cazorla is the highest at just over 70 pts per game who everyone has. No Chelsea midfield players play regularly enough in my opinion to justify moving them in for the double game week.

And finally defenders. Of the popular picks, only one player in the game of the popular picks has averaged over 55 pts per game and tha is Leighton Baines (Who again everyone has) The chelsea contingent of Cole/Ivanovic/Luiz all average under 50 pts per game. If you could guarantee clean sheets in both double gameweek games, they may be woth transferring in, but two clean sheets are not guarenteed and I am not getting rid of Baines for a second Chelsea defender.

So thats my rationale for choosing just two Chelsea players for the double gameweek. One will be my free transfer and the second I will take a 25pts hit for as part of a daisy chain of transfers. I do though plan to max out on Arsenal players for the second double game week.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Yes Arsenal have a nice run of fixtures, if you're in 150th then you might to do something a bit different though?

Chelsea's fixtures could be quite profitable too even though they may not look that way on paper/rotation. Spurs are loosing Ade and I'd be tempted to ship them out for the period.

Anyway I take too many risks, you're probably right to play it safe :wink:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Wilbert - Captain choices are also key to this game. Some of mine have been good on paper, terrible in practice. I have only managed one Captain Hatrick all Season.

I am averaging 55 pts per game week for Captains. If I had stuck to just one of two possible players all season as Captain and not rotated, I would have averaged 70 pts per gameweek.

Thats's 15 pts x 21 gamweeks, which would mean I would be 315 pts better off and would have halvd my 600pts deficit on the leader.

With regards to finishing positions, I still feel I can make the top 50 overall.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

2 X Transfers processed. 25pts hit taken.

I have also seen one person transfer out RVP for Hazard. That is very risky but then again it could pay dividends.

Waynoo
Treebeard
FS Record: Casual player free entry only

Post by Waynoo »

Iv pretty much given up with this,im around 11000. I think I need to stop captaining differentials all the time.

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

helloooo from chilly wales....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

i love this game, but tend 2 bypass this forum cos it's always seems a bit tumbleweedy... :(

anyway, i think wcv's arse-kick may help 2 get things a bit more lively which would b nice. i'm in 13th with best team, perri lister -team named after the glorious, exoctic, hotgossip dancer who used 2 make me realise that i was very much approaching puberty when she used 2 appear on the kenny everett show... many moons ago... :P

reckon the weather could have a really big say on things this weekend. my main thoughts will be:

1 which games (if any) r snowed off.
2 is a 25/50pt tfr hit per player worth it 4 guys who will defo play?

cheers! :)

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Hi Nick - Thought I would see if anyone replied to you - As usual no one does.

I think the biggest game in doubt after WBA v Aston Villa (I have zero coverage of this game) could be Chelsea V Arsenal looking at tomorrows forecase.

In reality I think this week could come down to just luck in getting 11 players playing. At least if Chelsea v Arsenal is cancelled, you should still get one game out of the Arsenal players V West Ham midweek. The people who could be screwed up could be those who have Chelsea players left afer the double game week.

As I am not challenging for the lead, I do not mind publishing that I have the following double gameweek players (Gibbs/Sagna/Cazorla/Nolan) and have taken a 25pts hit. I put Nolan in, instead of another Arsenal player as todays West Ham game should go ahead. Tomorrows Arsenal game may not, plus I could not afford Walcott without blowing another sub and downgrading elsewhere.

Good luck in this game.

PS - Some people in the top 20 have teams in multiple family names.Just look through the surnames on the leaderboard. A real PAYNE in my opinion.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”