To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pets...

A forum for general discussion on Career, Business & Hobby subjects and topics
Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Pets...

Post by Surprised »

I like how you get down to the dogs level. Makes the photo more interesting.

RamR
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RamR »

A few of our dog Winston enjoying a sunny day on the balcony.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RamR
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RamR »

... and one of him on his first bike ride.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

These are my brother-in-law's pets... I think they're called Cock & Pussy, but I'm not sure.
Anyhow and very predictably, they're the best of friends, hanging out together and in the second pic, sharing a spare rib...
FISO Pets (1).jpg
FISO Pets (2).jpg

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

The latest addition to our family is the tiny kitten (2 weeks old) on top of our dog Odin's head. He was abandoned and I felt the need to complete our menagerie collection of two of every kind, thus now 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits and still only 1 single parrot. This kitten, now called Pasha, has to be bottle fed 5 times a day which is a nuisance, but he is extremely adorable and my son approves, so one more street cat - rescued.

Odin n Pasha.jpg

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

:lol:

The dog looks resigned to a few years of being tormented by the cat

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

The poor patient dog already has to contend with the Jack Russell puppy who is a pro-pest ... so this kitten might well push him over the edge :wink:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

A 7 week old ball of fluff arrived on Saturday, not the best timing for various reasons, but the step-daughter had been thinking for a while of getting a 2nd cat to keep her 3yo (Tigger) company. Both s-d and Tigger were staying with us on Saturday night, our two tolerate Tigger who has visited frequently, but not much more than tolerate. Not really a practical time for getting a kitten (the missus is taking the s-d to Cologne for a long weekend from Friday) but of course once the idea is in her and head and a visit had been made to see it and pressurized due to someone else being interested, hey presto! 4 cats in the house!

Unfortunately when Tigger came in and spotted Marley (don't care for the name, but not my decision) nose to nose, sniff, hiss and about to wop the kitten one, s-d in floods of tears. When our two spotted the kitten more hissing from them, massive cats by comparison but both decided to go straight out again.

Due to the lack of friendliness and the upcoming Germany trip the kitten is staying with us until next week at least, Tigger will be returning for the 4 days too and how that goes will determine whether Marley stays with us longer or actually gets to move into her intended new home.

Marley is spending the nights in our bedroom and if to be left alone during the day in the living room, the other cats being kept out of those rooms at the time, that's if they actually come in to do anything other than eat before going straight back out again.

Anyone with any tips/ thoughts on how to integrate the new arrival so that the resident cats aren't hissing or potentially violent towards her and to get them to return to the house other than just when they're hungry?

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

http://www.petstyle.com/cats/training/i ... second-cat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ideally done before new/existing cats meet. As your newcomers not staying permanently I guess you could try and short cut it and just try cross pollinating the scents of new/existing with their bedding or the like.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Get a dog?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Not much you can do to make the cats spend more time in the house as cats generally just do what they want when they want.
Maybe you can install a catflap (if you haven't already) or call them at various times in the day and see if they come.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Get a new s-d :roll:

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

blahblah wrote:Get a new s-d :roll:

When I first read the post I thought the kitten was called Sod and Vid was being polite by typing s-d :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Surprised wrote:
blahblah wrote:Get a new s-d :roll:

When I first read the post I thought the kitten was called Sod and Vid was being polite by typing s-d :)
:lol: :lol:

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:http://www.petstyle.com/cats/training/i ... second-cat

ideally done before new/existing cats meet. As your newcomers not staying permanently I guess you could try and short cut it and just try cross pollinating the scents of new/existing with their bedding or the like.
thanks for that, will pass it on to the s_d to try when she takes them both home next week, bit too late here already and the kitten has no issues with the adult cats and quite happily sleeps in places that they normally would. Our two are never far away, quite happy to be fussed in the garden and come in for food, just won't stay in when the ball of fluff is spotted :roll:

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Surprised wrote:Not much you can do to make the cats spend more time in the house as cats generally just do what they want when they want.
Maybe you can install a catflap (if you haven't already) or call them at various times in the day and see if they come.
Yeah, catflap and open windows as it's warm weather, they'll come but not actually come in and stick around once they've eaten.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Careers, Businesses & Hobbies”