To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Terrible 50/50 decision made

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
Aliaksandr
Treebeard
FS Record: Sky Sports Fantasy Football 07/08 Winner

Terrible 50/50 decision made

Post by Aliaksandr »

In 363rd position, today I realised that following the end of a loan I was left with £-1 Million..

Had originally decided to go with Robinho but then made probably my worst FF decision this season and went with Anelka. This player would also become my captain.

Robinho I think is gonna get 19 points for his two goals, assist and secondary assist whilst Anelka got himself 3..

So yeah, I've missed out on 22 points today.

idea
Treebeard

Re: Terrible 50/50 decision made

Post by idea »

I completely disagree, there was nothing wrong with your decision only the result. The top scorer in the league against the bottom club versus a struggling team with a player coming back from injury. I would have said you were nuts chosing Robinho at the beginning of the day.

This time it just went wrong, but your decision was right

Aliaksandr
Treebeard

Post by Aliaksandr »

I appreciate your comforting words idea, but my FF instinct guided me towards Robinho and it was a rash, last minute decision to go with Anelka.

With the return of Drogba I should have seen that Anelka would not be the focal point of Chelsea's offensive play today and is likely to be of much less prominence in the remainder of the season.

Robinho on the other hand has decent EPL fixtures coming up as well as the UEFA Cup tie against Copenhagen where he is probably more likely to score points than Anelka vs Juventus.

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Post by Conqueror Worm »

I'd agree mate - you are likely to pull your hair out over your decision - but without the aid of hindsight I think you made the decision which would most commonly have provided success...

For example - I have been tearing my own hair out over what I initially thought were similar and stupid mistakes recently - deciding to bring in players such as Adebayor and Terry for games in which they were then sent off -

All you can do is play things as you see it at the time - due to the sheer unpredictability of football one looks like a great bit of thinking can often look like a mistake...
Robinho has not been in good form - and there were even nagging doubts he might not be 100% fit due to his recent naggling injury... On the other hand Anelka has not looked at his best in the last couple of games

Perhaps that Robbie Keane fella would have been a good choice - he scores in every game he plays these days- sometimes he scores 2 :P

Aliaksandr
Treebeard

Post by Aliaksandr »

Oh fantastic.. Robinho notches a last gasp equaliser whilst Anelka starts on the bench today.

So that's:

(3 + 2 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 3 + 6) x 2 = 56

(3 + 1) x 2 = 8

I've missed out on 48 points in two days because of a stupid rush of blood to the head..

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

shows how quickly things can change in fantasy footy aleksandr.

i too had the same problem and kept faith with the misfiring and limping brazilian despite a couple of tempting avenues.

c'est la vie!

andy

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Could be worse mate.

When Torres was injured and was my captain i had to decide who to bring in for a loan. I chose Boyd and was loving it when he scored a ton of goals. However i guess i'd been rushing when i made the transfer and brought in Defoe by mistake.

I think Boyd scored 7 and Defoe maybe one and played a game less.

I made the right decision yet still ended up on the wrong end to the tune of over 60 points. And that was in my best team.

This game like most of the others has done me few favours this season.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

reminds me of the infamous time in the old days i got a digit wrong on the phone and ended up with gallagher rather than sutton and gallaher scored a hat trick the next game :lol:

andy

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”