To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers problem

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Transfers problem

Post by keithy007 »

I made a transfer yesterday at 2.45 before the Man C v Spurs game at 3pm and yet on checking this morning I have not been given the points for the player I put in. Instead it still says the other player was still in place.
Its not a problem with any potential overlaps because both players concerned were MC players!
And the transfer registered as done as soon as I'd done it, so the points should have been added, but instead there is just a dash by the new players score (who is shown as in the team) instead of his points.
I thought transfers were immediate, so the score should show?? Anyone else have that problem yesterday :?: .
It seems it might be a software/set up problem because in another team at 2.45 a loan player had already been shown as taken out of the team despite the fact he had one more game to play for MC at 3pm too!

TOPCAT
Wideboy

Re: Transfers problem

Post by TOPCAT »

Your transfer won't have had immediate effect because you made it while another match was already in progress (Blackburn v Chelsea). If you had made it before Sunday's programme kicked off it would have counted straight away.

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

TOPCAT wrote:Your transfer won't have had immediate effect because you made it while another match was already in progress (Blackburn v Chelsea). If you had made it before Sunday's programme kicked off it would have counted straight away.
Thanks Topcat appreciate the feedback, but that is not how I read the rules which say:
Entrants will also have the opportunity to change their team captain. Transfers, loans and team captain changes are immediate and will score points for a team from the next Eligible Fixture following a valid change. Players involved in matches in progress will not score points until the next Eligible Fixture. Where the kick off times of Eligible Fixtures overlap e.g. 2pm kick off and 3 pm kick off, transfers, loans and captain changes relevant to the later kick off will only be valid to score points in that Eligible Fixture if they were successfully transacted before the kick off of the earlier Eligible Fixture.
Suffice to say though that you must be right, but its not clear IMO as the player I transfered out was not involved in the early fixture. Luckily it only affexcted one of my not so good teams in 200+ position, but still annoying!!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

keithy007 wrote:Entrants will also have the opportunity to change their team captain. Transfers, loans and team captain changes are immediate and will score points for a team from the next Eligible Fixture following a valid change. Players involved in matches in progress will not score points until the next Eligible Fixture. Where the kick off times of Eligible Fixtures overlap e.g. 2pm kick off and 3 pm kick off, transfers, loans and captain changes relevant to the later kick off will only be valid to score points in that Eligible Fixture if they were successfully transacted before the kick off of the earlier Eligible Fixture.
The first sentence is clear.
The last sentece is clear.
The middle sentence is hopelessly worded. It is correct in what it says but by not going far enough creates confusion.

Despite that I think it is clear that what Topcat says captures the intention of the rules

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

this seems to be the problem with all new gfm games this year.

the rules are sketchy and shoddily worded. also the intent is frequently unclear.

whilst zoran is the main proponent of succesfull multi entries in a gfm game (there are plenty of others) they have steadfastedly refused to disclose whether it is entries per person or just simply unique id. the only good thing if one of zorans teams win is they are forced to decide whether to disqualify or not. otherwise the uncertainty remains next year.

gfm have gone down in my estimation no end and having enjoyed last year more than any season for years this one has become unenjoyable comparatively.

the best game provider clever.tv has also let itself down over the access to tff and running of tffo (glad it is still there though).

let's hope those running the games make next year more enjoyable.

andy

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”