To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

No Access to Times FF Site

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
Striker
FISO Knight

No Access to Times FF Site

Post by Striker »

Has anyone been having a problem today accessing the site. Tried several times with no response from the site. Someone please tell me that they also can't get into it.

If its not a general problem - any suggestions?

TOPCAT
Wideboy

Re: No Access to Times FF Site

Post by TOPCAT »

Just tried it. Got into it without any problems.

JHT
Red & Blue Braces

Post by JHT »

Fine for me David....Maybe try another browser

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

Ok for me to

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Thanks guys. I think that I may need some techie help here.

Until today I had no problem in accessing Times FF. Now it never succeeds. I have no problems in accessing any of my other usual sites and can even go to Times Online but when I press the FF link I again get nothing.

When I went into Windows Network Diagnosis it told me that "Network Diagnostics Pinged the Remote Host But Did Not Receive a Response". It suggested that I reset the Network Adaptor but after doing that it said that there still seems to be a problem with your connection.

Any ideas please, expressed in idiot proof simple language.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

mines was a bit slow to connect tonight, but I got there.

try clearing out your history. ( Tools / internet options / delete history) failing that, post on the computer forum and Marquee Mark or one of the other heroes will sort you out 8-)

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Yesterday evening I tried on two other computers in the same building - no access to Times FF but access to all other sites that I tried.

This morning I can access without a problem.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

the site has been slow at times david, not as bad as the torygraph, although the other day i couldn't get into the transfer page (fortunately not effecting my leading team). it'a annoying that times/gfm, torygraph/clever.tv have not made more of an effort to make their sites more user friendly after taking our money.

not sure what the exact problems are although ak produced some possible reasons for the torygraph's increasingly poor performance on another thread.

hope it hasn't mucked you up at a key time, but the games are becoming a bit of a lottery in that respect :(

andy

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Cheers Andy

Guess that it might just have been a combination of the slow local server and a slow web-site compounding each others fallibilities. Didn't cost me anything yesterday since I was just looking.

However a couple of weeks ago I went into an internet cafe (close to home and far from the office) to make changes only to find that the site wouldnt work since some flash player or something wasn't installed. When I downloaded it, it wouldn't instal. So I couldn't do the changes. But the bad news was that rather than going in with a rough idea of what I wanted to do and flying by the seat of my pants, I was unusually efficient and had written down my changes, so when they couldn't be implemented, unlike most changes they stuck in my head. Over the next week I effectively lost over 50 ptsin my best team. Then you have the dilemma as to accept that loss of points and do those changes subsequently. That to me is one of the few "painful" aspects of FF if you don't have good access. Anyway I stuck and over 20 of those points have since come back to me. But despite "spilt milk under the bridge an' all that", it is still in the background of my decision making.

Anyway at least my old alcoholic mate's son (BOJ) achieved something today. (J = Junior)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”