To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Request to ML chairmen and warning to entrants

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Request to ML chairmen and warning to entrants

Post by Vid »

Would anyone creating and advertising a ML please read this thread and act accordingly. (main post copied below)

So any posts/threads that do not conform to the following rules will be removed from the forum by the Moderators. Moderators will simply refer the 'offender' to this thread.

These rules only apply where the Mini-League Chairman can win a prize.

Rule 1

The person posting must have been a member on FISO for at least 12 months.

Rule 2

The person posting must have first posted on the forum at least 6 months ago.

Rule 3

The person posting must have at least 250 posts on his/her post counter.

Rule 4

A warning must still be highlighted on the 1st post of the thread as follows:

Warning - before joining this mini-league please read the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27293

(This warning may be added by Moderators).

A copy of the warning given on that thread is as follows:

Please note the following when deciding whether to join or set up a Mini-League where a prize may be won by the Chairman of the mini-league:

1. As a general rule Admin will set up and thus Chair all 'official/main' FISO Mini-Leagues where substantial prizes could be won by the Chairman. This is so I know that the prizes will be distributed appropriately if won and I am best placed to contact users should they initially fail to come forward and claim their share. I will decide how prizes will be distributed and will post the respective shares on the forum. The offical FISO mini-leagues are generally found within the 'sticky' threads on the game's forum.

2. If there is a prize on offer for the Chairman then request permission from Admin first before setting up the 'official/main' FISO mini-league.

3. If you decide to join a mini-league not Chaired by me then you do so at your own risk. I do not necessarily know who the Chairman is in real life and may not be able to help you should he/she decide not to distribute the prize he/she has won. A mini-league set up using the FISO forums has nothing to do with FISO Ltd or the forum administrator.

4. If you want to join a non-official mini-league (i.e. one not chaired by me) then you should try and put in place some form of written agreement between the participants and the chairman (using real life names) with regard to the distribution of any prize won. This could be based upon a standard syndicate type agreements - showing the membership and how winnings are paid out. These should be signed but at least do an exchange of private messages.

5. If you join a mini-league not Chaired by me and you do not receive the share of winnings you were expecting then do not blame me or FISO. You were warned.

JHT
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Request to ML chairmen and warning to entrants

Post by JHT »

Hi Vid......I have set up a Times mini league in my current username JHT which shows less than 250 posts...however I have as you know made many more posts using my previous user name of ABCDEFGH...I have also explained my previous history as a mini-league winner (the BaerHunt etc), thus proving my credentials on the trust front...

I'm pleased you've made reference to this ruling as not many read the rules :wink: and clearly we all want fiso members to receive their rightful winnings.

All the best

John

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Request to ML chairmen and warning to entrants

Post by oldbigead »

I've stuck the warning up as well Vid.

And for anyone whos interested i ran the Sun Onoin Bag last year and am doing it again this year.

I think there are at least a few who'd vouch for me on here.

Lets hope we can get in the money with both FISO leagues.

Cheers.

Richard.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”