To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
Dumbledore

transfers

Post by 12345678 »

does anyone know what the rules are? i can't find them on the site.

andy

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Re: transfers

Post by andye »

12345678 wrote:does anyone know what the rules are? i can't find them on the site.

andy
Hi Andy

I contacted them pre-season to find out and they said you could transfer in a player for a later game . For example , today you could have brought in Terry for Vidic :wink:

I made a mistake a fortnight ago though because I transfered in Agbonlahor at 3pm thinking that would be fine for the 4pm kickoff but it wasn't because of the overlapping kickoffs that day

This is from an email they sent me ....

'On Sunday August 31st there were 4 overlapping games:

Celtic v Rangers at 12:30pm

Chelsea v Spurs at 1:30pm

Sunderland v Man City at 3pm

Aston Villa v Liverpool at 4pm

When there are 'overlapping' kick offs, such as midweek games that may kick off at 7.45pm and 8pm or games on a Sunday when there could be matches starting at 1.30pm, 2pm, 3pm etc. In this scenario, the transfer has to be registered before the earliest of the overlapping games is scheduled to kick off even if the transfer is for a later game, in this case the days transfer deadline was the 12:30pm game.'

Cheers

Andy

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

thanks andy,

on that note, time for a beer :lol:

andy

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

not the clearest set of rules are they? :?

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Definitely not the clearest set of rules seeing as i emailed them a few weeks ago and got a different answer.

Now i'm not sure what to believe?

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

oldbigead wrote:Definitely not the clearest set of rules seeing as i emailed them a few weeks ago and got a different answer.

:lol:

what did they tell you? and can you and andy substantiate or negate what each other have been told from the scoring.

cheers guys,

andy

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

oldbigead wrote:Definitely not the clearest set of rules seeing as i emailed them a few weeks ago and got a different answer.

I don't think there is any conflict in the responses from YTM. Just badly written, unclear responses.
It appears that the rules follow the method adopted by OFL, ie transfers are eligible for any match if they are completed before that match kick-off unless there is an overlapping set of games in which case the deadline for the whole set is the first kick-off of the set.
But please don't tell 12345678 as it would help us all if he labours under a handicap of ignorance.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

dead parrot wrote:

I don't think there is any conflict in the responses from YTM. Just badly written, unclear responses.
It appears that the rules follow the method adopted by OFL, ie transfers are eligible for any match if they are completed before that match kick-off unless there is an overlapping set of games in which case the deadline for the whole set is the first kick-off of the set.
But please don't tell 12345678 as it would help us all if he labours under a handicap of ignorance.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

isn't it gfm though parrot?

andy

mighty reds
Treebeard

Post by mighty reds »

judging by the early leaderboard it looks like Zoran and his army of Croatian followers will be the ones to watch here.....

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i've met zoran and found him to be a likeable guy, but if those running this competition don't look at the entries and disqualify any that are clearly being managed by the same person then they shouldn't be allowed to have the rule limiting entries per person!

they must be licenced by someone, the gambling commission?

andy

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

12345678 wrote:
dead parrot wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

isn't it gfm though parrot?

andy
Yes you are right of course, it is gfm but I just meant their transfer approach is apparently based on the principles pioneered by OFL

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

But in OFL you can set up different starting line ups for games starting at say 1pm, 2pm, 2.30pm etc.

Could you do this in the Times game (making transfers in between the kick off times) and still have ALL your players scoring points?

My understanding is that you could.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”