To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Taking advantage of the LOAN?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
malmesia
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: TFF FISO Super League - 2014/15 champion. Won a few other prizes

Taking advantage of the LOAN?

Post by malmesia »

Does it work like this?

If by bringing in Reo-Coker(AVL) for Duff(NEW), then do we gain the extra two UEFA Cup games for Reo-Coker during Duff's 4-game loan period of 13 Sep (vs Hull) to 5-Oct (vs Everton)?

Could be an interesting study of the fixture list to maximise the 5 loan opportunities! :roll:

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Taking advantage of the LOAN?

Post by sorbiegunner »

I don't think it works like that, the four game period is the next four games played by the loaned in players team. Once Villa had played their next four games duff would be back in regardless of how many games Newcastle had played.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

And if you get an injury to your loan player you've shot it as you then cant get rid of him for 4 games.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

sorbiegunner wrote:I don't think it works like that, the four game period is the next four games played by the loaned in players team. Once Villa had played their next four games duff would be back in regardless of how many games Newcastle had played.
so advantage can still be gained via a loan then?

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

barry wrote:
sorbiegunner wrote:I don't think it works like that, the four game period is the next four games played by the loaned in players team. Once Villa had played their next four games duff would be back in regardless of how many games Newcastle had played.
so advantage can still be gained via a loan then?
I think so but you have to tread carefully it seems

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

will be useful for taking advantage of 4for 1 etc..... or am i missing something :oops:

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

barry wrote:will be useful for taking advantage of 4for 1 etc..... or am i missing something :oops:
There's another thread running that exposes a risk with the loan system. If you bring a player in on loan you can't get rid of him again until his team have played four matches, even if he breaks his nick in the first five minutes, you're stuck with a ten man team til the loan period ends.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Not clear to me whether the four games you bring the player in for are just the matches that apply to the competition or all matches. League Cup and FA cup don't count for scoring purposes, so I'd guess they'd disregard them :?

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Am I alone in thinking they have changed the rules regarding loans ?

I think pre-season the rules said a loan was for 4 matches of your original players club - ie get rid of your Man U defenders while they missed a game and pick up extra games for the players you brought in

Now the rules clearly state you bring a player in on loan for 4 matches of his club - presumably this would be easier for them

Andy

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

andye wrote:Am I alone in thinking they have changed the rules regarding loans ?

I think pre-season the rules said a loan was for 4 matches of your original players club - ie get rid of your Man U defenders while they missed a game and pick up extra games for the players you brought in

Now the rules clearly state you bring a player in on loan for 4 matches of his club - presumably this would be easier for them

Andy
You may not be alone in thinking that. But the terms and conditions are the same as they were on 25th July

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

7lb claimer wrote:Not clear to me whether the four games you bring the player in for are just the matches that apply to the competition or all matches. League Cup and FA cup don't count for scoring purposes, so I'd guess they'd disregard them :?
Its for four matches of the loan player. And its for eligible matches i.e. those covered by the game - see extract from rules.

Loans: A loan removes a player from a team to be replaced by another on a temporary basis. The duration of a loan will be equivalent to four matches of the loan player's real life club and for the purpose of loan duration, real life club matches will include Eligible Fixtures regardless of whether the loan player plays in those matches or not. At the end of the four-match loan, the loan player will automatically be removed from the team and the player he replaced will return.

So, yes it can be that you could get 4 for 1 or 4 for 2.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Don't know if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but when you make a loan and the player coming in is of lesser value, your budget available goes up by the difference. You are then allowed to use up that budget on a transfer. I tried this out on my worst team as an experiment and when my loan period expires, if my original player is allowed back I will be about 5m over budget. This will surely invalidate my team. I can make another transfer to put things right, but this surely shouldn't be allowed to happen. :) :o :roll:

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

The rules state that you'd thenhave to play with only ten scoring players.

I think you'd miss out on the player coming back in.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”