To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Loan for a loan?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Loan for a loan?

Post by oldbigead »

I used a loan to get JVH in for Mcdonald today. A loan is supposed to last 4 games.

JVH went off injured today but it seems that i cant make another loan to replace him?

This seems daft as if a loan player is injured surely you'd want to replace him?

Maybe an oversight on the game organisers part?

Frustrating though.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Re: Loan for a loan?

Post by bloggie »

Do you have to use only 10 men then for the remainder of the loan?

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

yes i got an email back from them today and you have to use 10 men for the entire four games.

i'll think twice about using a loan again in the future as it could actually end up costing you points.

very daft rule.

looks like you cant loan in a player from a different position either, even if you stay within the budget.

very strange game this.

i am going to win it though. :wink: .

Chief Wiggsy
Grumpy Holman Snr
FS Record: FISO TFF League winner 2005/06 and FISO TFFE League winner 2009 (which got me £100 off NSCTV).

Post by Chief Wiggsy »

Funny, I was looking at this loan thing and felt there was some dubious side to it. Here it is. Makes the loan a high risk gamble, whihc could really pay off or blow up in your face. Obviously, with the games piling up near end of season, there is a great chance to use these loans, but how that could ruin your season too near end.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

I've got a team with 4 players loaned in at the moment (I saw it as a good use of the loans putting out Man U defenders for Arsenal defenders as the four games for Arsenal are/were Newcastle, Blackburn, Bolton, Hull during which period Man U only have 3 Games Liverpool, Chelsea and Bolton).
I know you only have 5 loans available but I thought this was an ideal opportunity. I never considered the injury risk though And with international fixtures taking place during this period it makes it more of a worry, I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

sorbiegunner wrote:I've got a team with 4 players loaned in at the moment (I saw it as a good use of the loans putting out Man U defenders for Arsenal defenders as the four games for Arsenal are/were Newcastle, Blackburn, Bolton, Hull during which period Man U only have 3 Games Liverpool, Chelsea and Bolton).
I know you only have 5 loans available but I thought this was an ideal opportunity. I never considered the injury risk though And with international fixtures taking place during this period it makes it more of a worry, I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best.
Although I think you have worked out your loans wrong, it should work in your favour luckily and you will get a 4 for 2 (yep I have used it :wink: )

Arsenal - New (30/8), Blackburn (13/9), Kiev (17/9), Bolton (20/9 ARSENAL LOAN ENDS)
Man U - Liv (13/9), Villereal (17/9), Chelsea (21/9 UNITED PLAYER RETURNS)

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blessedbrian »

I've also had the the "Curse of the Loan Injury" potentially strike my teams

I loaned in Van Persie last saturday, suppose at least he scored before he went off injured :roll:

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blessedbrian »

oldbigead wrote:I used a loan to get JVH in for Mcdonald today. A loan is supposed to last 4 games.

JVH went off injured today but it seems that i cant make another loan to replace him?

This seems daft as if a loan player is injured surely you'd want to replace him?

Maybe an oversight on the game organisers part?

Frustrating though.
I bet it was even more frustrating to see JVH miraculously come back from injury whilst still on your loan, then go and get himself sent off against Rangers :evil:

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

blessedbrian wrote:
sorbiegunner wrote:I've got a team with 4 players loaned in at the moment (I saw it as a good use of the loans putting out Man U defenders for Arsenal defenders as the four games for Arsenal are/were Newcastle, Blackburn, Bolton, Hull during which period Man U only have 3 Games Liverpool, Chelsea and Bolton).
Although I think you have worked out your loans wrong, it should work in your favour luckily and you will get a 4 for 2 (yep I have used it :wink: )

Arsenal - New (30/8), Blackburn (13/9), Kiev (17/9), Bolton (20/9 ARSENAL LOAN ENDS)
Man U - Liv (13/9), Villereal (17/9), Chelsea (21/9 UNITED PLAYER RETURNS)
Well that's not a surprise, I missed out the CL fixtures and hadn't considered the saturday/sunday aspect, what is a surprise is that it's worked in my favour, normally when I've managed to work out a brilliant strategy it turns out I've missed out something and it ends up costing me dearly :D

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

With the timed transfer aspect of this game how will the timing work for the loans?

Will a player come back in on the next day after 4 fixtures or will he come back for the next available fixture? eg if i had loaned a Liverpool player and and their 4th game was played at 2pm on a Sunday and the player i'd loaned outs team were playing at 4pm that day would the loaned player come staright back in?

YOu'd think that with the timed transfers for all kick off that theyd have to come straight back in.

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blessedbrian »

oldbigead wrote:With the timed transfer aspect of this game how will the timing work for the loans?

Will a player come back in on the next day after 4 fixtures or will he come back for the next available fixture? eg if i had loaned a Liverpool player and and their 4th game was played at 2pm on a Sunday and the player i'd loaned outs team were playing at 4pm that day would the loaned player come staright back in?

YOu'd think that with the timed transfers for all kick off that theyd have to come straight back in.
thats how i would expect it to work with timed transfers.

Only possible confusion with loans ending same day could be when does the "LOAN" player disappear from your team screen, because if they only update scores daily how will the system know that your loan player played his 4th game at 2pm and the original player should have been back in for 4pm.... I'm sure its all under control and guess we will find out soon once everyones initial loans are over! :)

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

Well I have Vidic on loan into my side and he has now played 4 games including last night so he should have gone from my side now and my original player who is playing tonight should be back in.
The player I have loaned out has only played 3 games, his 4th is tonight.

Guess I will send an email to see what is going on. Bit confused with the loans business. :?

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

scopsm wrote:Well I have Vidic on loan into my side and he has now played 4 games including last night so he should have gone from my side now and my original player who is playing tonight should be back in.
The player I have loaned out has only played 3 games, his 4th is tonight.

Guess I will send an email to see what is going on. Bit confused with the loans business. :?
My mistake, he has only been eligible to play 3 games (forgot about Man U not playing in wk 3 due to Super Cup).
Sent off for 2nd and didn't play the 3rd and won't play the 4th at the weekend, inspired loan that was. :roll:
Now stuck with him and Ashton for 1 more loan match.
Wish it was clearer which player he actually replaced in the Team History.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”