To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

premier play

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
thespecialone
FISO Knight

premier play

Post by thespecialone »

anyone else playing the free game?
up to 10 goes(depends how many teams you have) at predicting 4 results and scores plus pick a captain from the 8 teams.the 4 games are chosen by the computer.
£500 1st prize each weekend

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Re: premier play

Post by sorbiegunner »

I've just entered my predictions, it's quite a well thought out comp (or at least it appears to be). A mixture of score prediction and player points with captaincy and the random factor means most entries will be different in some respect.

Maths guys what are the chances of several players having identical entries?
Out of eight fixtures four are randomly selected for you to predict the scores.
From each of the eight teams involved in the four fixtures a player from the times FF player list is randomly selected who score for you as they do in the main game and from those you pick a captain who scores double

Jeberdy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jeberdy »

Its a good game, I like it. Its like a skillful sun weekend dream team; your still given players but correctly predicting scores carries a roughly equal weight meaning to win you need the luck and the skill.
A bit annoying when your given people like Mascherano and Nani who can't play but with 10 chances your going to get enough decent players so that how your score predictions fare becomes more important.

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

Do I need to purchase a Times Fantasy Football Credit (£3) to be able to play this, every time I click premier play it puts me to the purchase screen. Not really interested in the FF team, just would like to play premier play. Cheers in advance.

murph
Treebeard

Post by murph »

TheCharltonFan wrote:Do I need to purchase a Times Fantasy Football Credit (£3) to be able to play this, every time I click premier play it puts me to the purchase screen. Not really interested in the FF team, just would like to play premier play. Cheers in advance.

Sorry TCF, Premier play is only available if you've got a TFF entry. I believe the Times do have another free game though.

Jeberdy,sorbiegunner - thanks for the comments.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Have had a go at this - was 4th overall in first week, but seems such a random game; totally different players given as options for star player, some of whom are injured or not likely big scorers. Still, will give it a go until bored, or put off by the bugginess of the load screen, have tried with various systems and some keep getting error messages, not crashing but still annoying. Is "bugginess" a word? Hopefully you know what I mean, in which case it is now.

Jeberdy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jeberdy »

Ive had an error message when ive clicked "play" at times, is that the bugginess? If this happens, I just go back to the "play premier play" menu and on the team that the error message appears there is usually an option to finish predictions or something like that, which takes you to the prediction page without having to watch the little game selection bit, meaning no error message.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

i know its only a free game but why have a load of players that are injured or dont play in the first xi :roll:

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

thespecialone wrote:i know its only a free game but why have a load of players that are injured or dont play in the first xi :roll:
I don't think the software is sophisticated enough to filter the injured players out and the software that can tell who will be in the starting xi on any given week hasn't been invented yet.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

was 7th this weekend just 4pts off the top.cant seem to find out who i had though :?

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

thespecialone wrote:was 7th this weekend just 4pts off the top.cant seem to find out who i had though :?
If you click on play premier play, then use the dropdown menu at the top to select last weeks games, you can then click on the points total for your teams and view selections.

I seem to make regular top 100 appearances, but nothing to trouble the top spot... yet :wink:

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

blessedbrian wrote:
thespecialone wrote:was 7th this weekend just 4pts off the top.cant seem to find out who i had though :?
If you click on play premier play, then use the dropdown menu at the top to select last weeks games, you can then click on the points total for your teams and view selections.

I seem to make regular top 100 appearances, but nothing to trouble the top spot... yet :wink:
cheers.if only i had a crystal ball and captained kalou :lol: or villa had scored another :roll:

had ars 3-1
chel/mu 1-1
rang 2-1

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Post by Conqueror Worm »

I came 6th this week, selected Defoe as my captain.
I also had the choice of Torres, but for some reason Defoe got the nod, if i'd gone the other way I might just have snuck it :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”