To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Looking for a Good Bike for a bit more than £150

A forum for general discussion on Health and Fitness issues and topics such as well-being
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Looking for a Good Bike for a bit more than £150

Post by blahblah »

Seriously proper shorts and pedals will help.

Go google saddle sores :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Knulpuk wrote:It was still pretty hard again and my bottom hurts a bit....... a slightly extended ..... I am looking forward to it...... got pulled within 3 seconds of getting in .
you cyclists are worse than rugby players

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Knulpuk wrote:It was still pretty hard again and my bottom hurts a bit. Tomorrow a slightly extended route, but, I am looking forward to it. Not as much as the beer that got pulled within 3 seconds of getting in - yes that's wrong but I had earned it - yes that's wrong too.
We always stop and have a couple of beers after Monday night mountain biking. The landlord has even put an outdoor tap and hosepipe in the beer garden so we can wash our bikes off, so we're duty bound really...

20 miles on the Mountain bike, wash the mud off then a couple of pints of Tiger. Doesn't get much better than that :D

Takes a couple of weeks for your sit bones to get used to riding I think. After that you won't notice. People always say 'oohh - that saddle looks painful', but really a narrow painful looking saddle is better than a wider one - less / no chafing.

Re the rules. There's a post on this thread: post1964510.html?hilit=surly#p1964510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is quoted from the Surly Bike website which I quite like.

The thread's worth a read so you can hear all about Achiles' £5k Mountain Bike as well. I'm sure if you ever look to upgrade (or fancy taking up Time Trialling for that matter) he'll be able to give you some good tips .

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

:lol: ah, memories.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

You have to read page 4 as well.

Page 3 - don't buy from Halfords and don't buy a Carrera - it'll be shit and fall apart.
Page 4 - thinking of buying a Carrera from Halfords - what do people think of the bike.

Good work - keep it up. Livens things up around here :D

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

oh yes, that hadn't escaped me. :lol:

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Noticed that Halfords have an extra 15% off all Boardman bikes (which despite being sold by Halfords are actually good bikes) and thought of this thread.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Health & fitness incl. well-being”