To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Help! Half my tooth has fallen out.

A forum for general discussion on Health and Fitness issues and topics such as well-being
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: Help! Half my tooth has fallen out.

Post by Spinynorman »

It's all over for now. :)

The dentist wouldn't take the tooth out and I didn't want a crown fitted so ended up with a restructure and filling which he reckons will need to be a crown some day in the future.

£56 including a routine check up so pretty good really.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Good that you seem happy with the outcome, but you'll have your teeth for many more years (hopefully) and a crown is the long term solution. Why don't you want one?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Striker wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 18:54 Good that you seem happy with the outcome, but you'll have your teeth for many more years (hopefully) and a crown is the long term solution. Why don't you want one?

I had one many years ago and didn't really fancy the hassle or the cost or the extra visits to the dentist. I would also only consider it in the winter when I'm not away so often.

A bit daft but there you go. :roll:

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dennisthemenace »

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

As per a previous suggestion I am currently slurping some malt whisky. :D

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

Weirdly enough, I'm having almost the same problem fixed tomorrow.
Dentists are my phobia, so when half of my tooth fell out I actually did nothing for quite a long time, given that I had no pain and it still functioned. My cousin is a dentist and at that point he was working abroad, but when he moved back I thought this probably is not good not doing anything at all for so long - so I went for a checkup etc. He didn't remove it, just tried to put in the filling (not sure how to describe it, given that I'm not proficient in English words related to dentistry), which was quite painful, especially given that whatever he put there for anesthesia did not work that good. So we decided to finish it later, next week. Next week it turned out that he needs to go back abroad for a while, so I thought I'll just wait when he gets back and guess what - now the tooth actually started to ache. So, I thought I will go to another dentist, but at that exact time my insurance for dentistry services expired, which is given to me each year by workplace - and this year they forgot to renew it in time. So yeah, given that I needed to save money for my vacation and other things and I was not sure how dentistry actually costs for such things (given that my cousin did it for cheaper rates), I had to struggle through toothache etc for a while (it did go away somehow one day). Anyway, to cut long story short, my cousin is back and I am going to the dentist tomorrow :lol:

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

That all sounds very grim. :shock:

Good luck for tomorrow.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

Spinynorman wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 14:14 That all sounds very grim. :shock:

Good luck for tomorrow.
Thanks. It's not as bad as it sounds, just unbelievably unlucky, plus it's probably not good putting off such things for later.

I have another, shorter story though, this one's not about my problems with dentists but one of my friends (I actually had no problems with my teeth for a long time) - so basically my friend went to a dentist who he had never visited before. Dentist started checking his teeth, started doing something with one of his tooth which probably needed a filling or whatever (something which is easily done basically), managed to break off a bit of the tooth and ended up removing it afterwards because there was no other way after half of it was broken off. Basically the tooth he worked on had no such problems before the particular dentist managed to F it all up.
(probably close to bspittles story about dentist fracturing his jaw)

Oh and a story about why you should not put off going to dentist forever. This one is both tragic and comical in a sense - so as I said, my cousin is a dentist. My other cousin (both guys btw) has a ''friend'', who basically is somewhat close to being an alcoholic (at least in my eyes). He worked abroad for a long time, basically ate only trash food and drank cola etc. Ended up with his whole mouth filled with bad teeth (probably didn't brush them either I guess, don't know him personally, but by other stories I have heard about him, this is what I reckon - or maybe he is just a complete idiot). So, he came back here, to my home country, asked my cousins could they help with his teeth. My cousin checked him, said probably some of them should be replaced etc. They rented out a dentistry place for it and on that day's morning when it all was scheduled - the guy showed up completely wasted, because he ''needed courage'' for the whole thing. You would think they just gave up? Nope, they showed him in the car, drove to the rented out place, gave him lots of anesthetics and my cousin (who is a licensed dentist, I have to stress this here), just removed all of his teeth and replaced them with new ones. Next day the guy woke up with fresh, new white set of teeth and a plsatic bag of his old teeth in front of him (he actually was thankful afterwards, so all's good :D)

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

RCT and crown needed for mine - around £260 on NHS plus throwing in a couple of minor fillings elsewhere in the same visit so a lot more reasonable than I'd feared.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I once went 16 years without visiting a dentist. Lost two half teeth in that time (different teeth as it happens, both the end halves not the gum halves....).

Finally went and had them removed plus several fillings! Barely had a filling in the similar timescale since (and before anyone says it, yes I still have most of my teeth left! 3 gaps all towards the back so can gladly say no to crowns, bridges etc).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Health & fitness incl. well-being”