To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wildcard for AFL?

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Wildcard for AFL?

Post by SunderlandFan »

Should there be one? I think with all the injuries and limited trades it would be awesome to have one chance to sort your team out properly.

If not I was wondering if they should rename DT and SC to "Welcome to Donut Land"

:D

Sarky
FISOhead

Re: Wildcard for AFL?

Post by Sarky »

Just no.
It goes against the whole escence of the game.

You've said some crazy things, but that's up there with the best! :D

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Sarky wrote:Just no.
It goes against the whole escence of the game.

You've said some crazy things, but that's up there with the best! :D
I'm not sure that there's a reduction in skill because there is no kind of panic button fix for bad luck. Due to injuries, the best research and knowledge could come to naught. Doesn't apply to me of course I just randomly pick out of the players all the expert players mention in footyforums :D

I'd love to see some of the AFL rules used in FPL and vice versa. Drop the bonus system from FPL and replace it with a score indicating how many passes, clean tackles or shots on target a player gets.
Last edited by SunderlandFan on 22 May 2009, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

The best thing FPL could do is to adopt the price flux based on performance, it would stop us losing money on players because of stupid panic buying and selling, and put high scoring early unique picks out of the reach of the great unwashed :lol:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Five long bones wrote:The best thing FPL could do is to adopt the price flux based on performance, it would stop us losing money on players because of stupid panic buying and selling, and put high scoring early unique picks out of the reach of the great unwashed :lol:
Very good point. I hate seeing prices slip out of reach because of idiots way down in the rankings jumping on every bandwagon going.

They should be more like me and not pick up Baines or Keane :lol:

:oops:

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

The price flux is one of my favourite things of DT.

I'd love a pricing system in FPL that was based on performance. However as you mentioned SF, the scoring system would have to be overhauled to a much higher one, as the current 6 or 2 points that most players get each week wouldn't fit it.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

The Guardian have tried to do an alternative scoring system with performance based price increases, but it will need tweaking as the most expensive players are mostly irrelevant, simply because the highest scoring players end up being the central defenders from struggling sides and defensive mids, whilst it is good that def mids are rewarded, it will take a bit of adjusting to get it close to DT standards, but still a good game and worth looking at.

http://fantasyfootball.guardian.co.uk/C ... scoring.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

a firm NO from me.

everyone would just end up owning the same team. (which is already happening... to an extent)

the initial starting squad is just about the only separating factor.
(a big part of winning DT is nailing your original squad).

but 2011 will be an exciting year for you SF... with the 17th team coming in !!!
in most weeks there will be 1 team with a bye, and some weeks 3 team will have a bye.
2011 = donut chaos :mrgreen:

but i think DT will introduce bigger squads (an extra player in each position)

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

Tippaz wrote: but i think DT will introduce bigger squads (an extra player in each position)
I disagree even with this in the current 16 team AFL set-up, I think bigger squads make it easier and players less able to find unique picks. With the Gold Coast expansion obviously changes will probably be needed in DT.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”