To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rd 9 trades

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Rd 9 trades

Post by SunderlandFan »

Good targets this week are Jack Grimes and Steele Sidebottom - Broughton's another good option.

G Ablett Jr looks like he'll be back, but K Cornes could struggle again this round.

What are people planning? I'm undecided between doing a double trade to get Bartel or the Volt in just doing one trade to bring a keeper in, probably Gilbee or Pavlich

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Re: Rd 9 trades

Post by M-boy »

Still tempted by Grimes. I was thinking about Houlihan :arrow: Grimes last week but I thought I'd give him another week and see how he went. He went well! So he's still in contention, but it might be at Stephen Hill's expense rather than Houihan's. I suppose I could trade both and go for a gun as well as Grimes.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

$1400 short of doing Hill and Krakouer for Grimes and Stevo Johnson. eff annoying!

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

i've done:

Hill -> Grimes
Graham -> Cox :mrgreen:

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Petrenko - Grimes
M Brown - Pav

Down to a worryingly low number of trades but have 2 more next week before I'll feel comfortable with a settled side....

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Tippaz wrote:i've done:

Hill -> Grimes
Graham -> Cox :mrgreen:
Good work Tippaz. That is incredible trading! Fortune favours the brave. 8-)

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

I'm thinking about Krakouer :arrow: Sidebottom as well as getting Grimes in. Seems like it might be a move in the wrong direction at this stage in the season, but I'd be capitalizing on Krak's current price and getting Sidebottom for rock-bottom. I know he's only had two games but he seems like he'll keep his place.

I've got Hentschel, Yarran and M. Brown in the forwards too, so it's not like I've got nine guns up front. I see Brown as a potential keeper, dunno what you guys think of that?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Krak to Sidey if you need the cash - but what about getting in ROK for him?

All 3 of those cash cows seem like they could increase in value for a little while yet. It's all down to how you want to play the game. I'm trading hard again this week because I want to stay in the elminator and prep for St Kilda's easy run of fixtures

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote:Krak to Sidey if you need the cash - but what about getting in ROK for him?

All 3 of those cash cows seem like they could increase in value for a little while yet. It's all down to how you want to play the game. I'm trading hard again this week because I want to stay in the elminator and prep for St Kilda's easy run of fixtures
I heard a rumour you were down to 8 trades. :shock:

O'Keefe's a good shout. He's been in my team at some stage every season. Think I even signed his cousin Daniel one year. My main worry is strategic. I've got fifteen trades which is fair enough, but only fifteen players in the starting 22 I'm happy with. Starting rucks are fine and I don't really give a eff about the other two even though they never play. Defensively I'm ok first five but I've got Hill, Raines, Broughton and Houlihan in the last four slots. I need two upgrades there. In the mids the first three are fine, then there's Rich, Beams, Hartlett, Robinson and Anthony. I might get away with Rich, but I need two more in there plus cover. Similar in the forwards: first five then Krak, Mitch Brown, Yarran and Hentschel. So another two.

I know that's only six or seven trades, but there's injuries on top of that and then there's how you get there. Fine if you go seven upgrades, but realistically I'm going to have to trade down then up again. I just don't know how many I can trade down and then up again because that takes trades and it also costs points. While I'm pissing about looking for the right trades at the right time, waiting for cash cows to reach milking time and all that whilst getting thumped in the head-to-heads. Then it's a matter of which of those possible cash cows are also keepers. Obviously Rich fits that category, Krakouer might. Mitch Brown might isn't really a cash cow. He's gone up $100k which is decent, but then levelled out so he's not really . On the other hand he's still in there and scoring steady points, so he could be an ideal emergency.

Tell you what, this game's much easier with loads of LTIs. :lol:

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

Gwilt :arrow: Grimes because everyone else was doing it.

Quick question - what happens at the end of the season when the playoffs start? Should I be putting players in my team that i think will be in the playoffs or do i get more trades then?

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

If Grimes gets injured or dropped a lot of people are going to be screwed. Just about every fker's bringing him in this week :lol:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

golden bear wrote:Quick question - what happens at the end of the season when the playoffs start? Should I be putting players in my team that i think will be in the playoffs or do i get more trades then?
No, the DT season just covers the 22 rounds of the regular season so it doesn't extend into the finals series. That's why DT leagues have 16 teams and the head-to-heads go from rd 4 to rd 18. In dreamteam leagues rounds 19-22 are a knockout competition with the top eight teams playing each other (1v8, 2v7 etc) to decide the winner of the grand final and the bottom eight teams playing each other for the minor final.

For the AFL Finals Series there's another DT competition, but I don't know much about that because I've never played it.

I think I got all that right.
Last edited by M-boy on 21 May 2009, 22:26, edited 2 times in total.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

uncsi wrote:If Grimes gets injured or dropped a lot of people are going to be screwed. Just about every fker's bringing him in this week :lol:
Only the idiots with, like, eight trades.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

M-boy wrote:
golden bear wrote:Quick question - what happens at the end of the season when the playoffs start? Should I be putting players in my team that i think will be in the playoffs or do i get more trades then?
No, the DT season just covers the 22 rounds of the regular season so it doesn't extend into the finals series. That's why DT leagues have 16 teams and the head-to-heads go from rd 4 to rd 18. In dreamteam leagues rounds 19-22 are a knockout competition with the top eight teams playing each other (1v8, 2v7 etc) to decide the winner of the grand final and the bottom eight teams playing each other for the minor final.

For the AFL Finals Series there's another DT competition, but I don't know much about that because I've never played it.

I think I got all that right.
Cheers M-Boy

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

M-boy wrote:
uncsi wrote:If Grimes gets injured or dropped a lot of people are going to be screwed. Just about every fker's bringing him in this week :lol:
Who said I was bringing Grimes in? :)

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote:
M-boy wrote:
Who said I was bringing Grimes in? :)
Who mentioned you? :wink: :lol:

Seriously, Grimes is an injury risk but he's a great option and there aren't too many in the backs. Broughton obviously but Grimes is a guy you'd lock in as seventh back (injury permitting). I like him so much I want to trade out three players for him.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I knew I shouldn't have, but he'd been shit recently and, and, and....eff

I traded out Cross - :oops:

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

Then he scores a ton and keeps Bartel quiet :shock:

The Bulldogs were superb at points today, not many will get that close the Cats this year.

You should have started a confessional thread with that one :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”