To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So what do I do now?

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

So what do I do now?

Post by zipnolan »

Just have a team in Supercoach:

http://www.league.com.au/exteam/list.php?id=24204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's done ok so far thanks to GA Jr (c), but clearly needs some surgery as I have the three biggest crocks in the game - Raines, Anthony and now Ottens. I have about $105K in the bank for a rainy day - and it seems to be pouring.

I assume I have to replace Ottens, and kind of feel that it doesn't make much sense to have $280K sitting on the bench with Raines.

So what should be my thinking in replacing these big boys? I am a complete novice at this game, so I'm not sure how I should be thinking / acting at this stage.

Thanks in advance...

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Re: So what do I do now?

Post by SunderlandFan »

Welcome zip :D

That's not a bad team you have there, don't do any trades until the round 3 teams are announced.

I think Fraser looks like a good replacement for Ottens.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

This really confuses me. I've got Ottens in SC too, why not trade him now for someone like Kruezer who should go up in price. If we keep Ottens we will just lose money won't we? :?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

golden bear wrote:This really confuses me. I've got Ottens in SC too, why not trade him now for someone like Kruezer who should go up in price. If we keep Ottens we will just lose money won't we? :?
That's what I'm saying. Wait until the teams are announced for this round to make sure your replacement ruck is definitely playing.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

golden bear wrote:This really confuses me. I've got Ottens in SC too, why not trade him now for someone like Kruezer who should go up in price. If we keep Ottens we will just lose money won't we? :?
Ottens' value won't change until he plays in 3 games so you won't actually lose money - you might just miss out on some price increases for his potential replacement.

You tend to get a few players who will play the first few and then take an extended break from the first team so it's not always best to jump in before Round 3, even if there are some nice financial gains to be had. Personally at this stage of the season I'd be avoiding first year players (you just end replacing them again later) and instead go for a mature player who should have their place cemented in the team. Kreuzer probably fits the bill for that.

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

zipnolan wrote:I assume I have to replace Ottens, and kind of feel that it doesn't make much sense to have $280K sitting on the bench with Raines.
i agree.

double trade :!:

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

Thanks for the advice everyone - I'll keep you posted :)

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

Keep an eye on how long Ottens is out for. Word is it may only be a couple of weeks, so if you have a playing ruck EMG it may be best to save the trade. Mind you he does pick up a few injuries so....

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

tedbull wrote:
Ottens' value won't change until he plays in 3 games so you won't actually lose money - you might just miss out on some price increases for his potential replacement.

You tend to get a few players who will play the first few and then take an extended break from the first team so it's not always best to jump in before Round 3, even if there are some nice financial gains to be had. Personally at this stage of the season I'd be avoiding first year players (you just end replacing them again later) and instead go for a mature player who should have their place cemented in the team. Kreuzer probably fits the bill for that.
Ted are you saying Kreuzer is a first year player and should be avoided?

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

SunderlandFan wrote:Ted are you saying Kreuzer is a first year player and should be avoided?
no.
i think he's hinting towards 1st year players such as Mitch Robinson, Jared Petrenko, Nick Suban, etc.

Kreuzer is a 2nd year player and well established (basically Carlton no.1 ruck). he's giving Kreuzer the thumbs up.

the word on Ottens is that the knee isn't as bad as first though and it could only be 2-4 weeks sidelined. my gut feel, is that it will be 4 weeks (which isn't much to go by) because Geelong are successful - why risk him?

zipnolan
Dumbledore

Post by zipnolan »

Well, I know nothing about AFL, but my experience of just about any other sport is that injuries take longer than expected to heal if you keep the player, and hardly take any time at all if you don't. Also from other fantasy games, it doesn't usually pay to keep high-cost players that are guaranteed not to play. So, on those general principles, and following the bandwagons of the moment I am probably going to go (subject to team news):

Raines :arrow: Harding
Ottens :arrow: Kreuzer

Doesn't leave me much spare cash, so I suppose my options might be constrained the next time I need to trade.

I have plenty of bench players that have yet to grace the stage, but (as I understand it :?: ) they won't lose value just by sitting there, and may yet rise if they start to play a bit. You can probably tell I don't have much idea of what I'm talking about :oops:

zipnolan
Dumbledore

Post by zipnolan »

After all that, of course, Kreuzer and Harding manage 125 SC points between them, with bigger scorers on my bench (in Kreuzer's case, from his own team :roll: )

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

zipnolan wrote:After all that, of course, Kreuzer and Harding manage 125 SC points between them, with bigger scorers on my bench (in Kreuzer's case, from his own team :roll: )
This is why sideways trades are a no no. Harding is a good cash cow for now and Kreuzer will start scoring highly again if his injury is not too bad. AFL is much more of a long term conservative game compared to FPL.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”