To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Insider AFL Info

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Insider AFL Info

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Ok lads, so this is what FISO is about- getting a clear advantage over the general public.

Ill explain a little- Starting tonight, there was an hour footy show- One week at a time- discussing the weekends events with Robert Walls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Walls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) & Stephen Quartermain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Quartermain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

My personal thoughts in italics

Heres the summary of info from the night (Yes i did take notes purely for FISO :D) *make of it what you will, this is the stuff u lads across the globe probs wont get online/papers:

Show started out with Special guest Tom Harley (c) of Geelong Cats. Was going to be Chris Judd but turns out he's been sick in bed the last few days, even had a Dr visit him @ home so he was missing- see what affect that has this weekend.....

Richmond will be very cautious with Ben Cousins' hamstring injury, ageing body means he's likely to miss 5-6 weeks.

Nick Riewoldt's hamstring injury was "more cramp than anything" (Walls) and st kilda were cautious and kept him off- Might see him in action this weekend again?

Walls concerned about Geelong cats ageing backline- Darren Milburns form is terrible in his opinion.

Cameron Mooney (Cats) form to improve over the next few weeks as he gets more miles in the legs.

Top Handball receives over this week: (very good indication of run from behind/players working hard to get the ball)
Andrew Mcleod 20
Sam Mitchell 19
Lindsay Gilbee 18
Scotland
Houlihan

Carlton Coach Brett Ratten as a special guest:
Waite was extremely vital in the blues win- running of Richo on the wing & kicking 3 goals was key to the win.
Coach Ratten gave Best on ground votes in the best & Fairest to Marc Murphy

Forward 50 tackles Richmond 3 :shock: Carlton 20
Good indication for small fwds from the blues- ie Robinson/Garlett applying fwd pressure. remember tackles=4pts!

Brisbane Lions- Highest ever disposals ever in a game! 420 points. next best 380 in 2007. Indication for the way new coach Voss will play (and Trav Johnstones 140!)

Mitch Robinson- great impression on Rats as a 1st gamer. Lock him in to play the rest of the year! Get him in as a cash cow!

Michael Hurley- essendon defender- great 1st match, very impressive at fullback (generally not so good for DT points) Actually had his Gall bladder removed 6 weeks ago, recovered well!

Erm thats bout it, the rest was politics involving presidents/coaches, no use for DT purposes.
Enjoy :D

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Re: Insider AFL Info

Post by M-boy »

Cheers Zulu, some interesting stuff there. Riewoldt owners will be relieved. I had a feeling I should've started with more Brisbane players, the disposals backs that up. Them boys are gonna score big fantasy points this season if they keep that up.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I read about the Lions having a new style of play yet Bradshaw got a very average score, any idea why Zulu?

mjs8274
Treebeard
FS Record: TFF: 98th. TFF Euros: 60th. F1.net: 5th

Post by mjs8274 »

I'm bringing in Mitch Robinson.
Also still thinking of trading Reiwoldt for Skipworth, banking £200k,
what do you reckon?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

mjs8274 wrote:I'm bringing in Mitch Robinson.
Also still thinking of trading Reiwoldt for Skipworth, banking £200k,
what do you reckon?
Hang fire until the next teams are announced. Bringing in Robbo is a good idea though.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Trades before rd2 are not a good idea. There's no certainties about rd2, never mind the 20 rounds after and there's no financial advantage. Trades are precious, don't go wasting them after one week, even if you have to cop a zero or two.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Every trade is sacred.
Every trade is great.
If a trade is wasted,
God gets quite irate.
:D

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote:
Every trade is sacred.
Every trade is great.
If a trade is wasted,
God gets quite irate.
:D
:lol: That's more like it!

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Nice badge Mark! :D

mjs get your badge sorted and on display - that's another FISO AFL golden rule ;)

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Thanks Kelly, I'm rather fond of it. Yours is cool too, although if we're having a Fiso comp I think Sarky's pink and lime green pig shield might just win. 8-)

It's a nice little personalization on the dt website, and they look really good. Just as well they had a crocodile for mine really.

mjs8274
Treebeard
FS Record: TFF: 98th. TFF Euros: 60th. F1.net: 5th

Post by mjs8274 »

sorted! :D

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Yeah Sarky's is brill. I wanted a lion's head for my shield, but they didn't have one so i went for this wolf cos it looks a bit like a panther if you squint.

Come on Lions!!!

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Good work mjs, although I think Eric's Broken Bones aren't going to be best pleased ;)

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

it appears Leigh Harding's score of 150pts was no fluke.
he was playing in the midfield, yet is classified in the backs. (great misclassification)

i also noticed Shannon Hurn had 11 kicks, 5 h/balls, 5 inside50s, 1 goal.
although i didn't see the game, there is no way he could've possibly racked up 5 inside50s (and a goal) from the back pocket. he must've been playing half-forward - this will aid his DT output (finally!!). Raines -> Hurn could have some merit.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

That's great info Tippaz, thanks for posting.

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

a couple of things i've noticed.

Jason Gram is playing games in the midfield. (classified as a back)
the acquisition of Farren Ray, the return of Steven Baker, and the development of Jarryn Geary are fulfilling the small defender/halfback spots

Jed Adcock got 7 clearances and 12 tackles on the weekend. i haven't actually seen a Brisbane game all year, but those are impossible stats for defender. i am under the impression he is getting good gametime in the midfield. (classified as a back)

Aaron Davey played a loose-man-in-defence role in rd2 and is averaging 94.67 (classified as a forward). i haven't seen a Melbourne game yet either, but his stats suggest he's playing in defence. in rd3, he got 25 kicks and just 3 inside50s.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”