To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Teams

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
mjs8274
Treebeard
FS Record: TFF: 98th. TFF Euros: 60th. F1.net: 5th

Teams

Post by mjs8274 »

Hi Guys, just noticed this on AFL website. Any surprises? and trying to work out if we'll get the other teams before the lockdown?

Richmond
B: Chris Newman, Kelvin Moore, Andrew Raines
HB: Joel Bowden, Luke McGuane, Jordan McMahon
C: Shane Edwards, Shane Tuck, Matthew White
HF: Nathan Brown, Matthew Richardson, Jack Riewoldt
F: Ben Cousins, Jay Schulz, Richard Tambling
Foll: Troy Simmonds, Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley
I/C: Will Thursfield, Andrew Browne, Mitch Morton, Daniel Jackson
EMG: Andrew Collins, Dean Polo, Alex Rance

New: Andrew Browne (Murray U18, rookie list), Ben Cousins (West Coast, pre-season draft)

Carlton
B: Paul Bower, Michael Jamison, Aaron Joseph
HB: Jordan Russell, Bret Thornton, Heath Scotland
C: Kade Simpson, Marc Murphy, Chris Johnson
HF: Ryan Houlihan, Jarrad Waite, Jeff Garlett
F: Cameron Cloke, Brendan Fevola, Eddie Betts
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Chris Judd
I/C: Richard Hadley, Sam Jacobs, Mitch Robinson, Simon Wiggins
EMG: Dennis Armfield, Shaun Hampson, Andrew Walker

New: Jeff Garlett (Swan Districts, rookie list), Sam Jacobs (Woodville-West Torrens, rookie list), Chris Johnson (Melbourne, pre-season draft), Aaron Joseph (Tassie Mariners, rookie list), Mitch Robinson (Tassie Mariners, 2008 NAB AFL Draft)

Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood, Adelaide, the Brisbane Lions, West Coast, St Kilda and the Sydney Swans will announce their sides (22 + three emergencies) on Thursday afternoon.

Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and the Western Bulldogs will confirm their extended squads (25, no emergencies) on Thursday afternoon, and trim them on Friday afternoon.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Re: Teams

Post by tedbull »

Looks like we'll get a handful tomorrow arvo but will have to wait for the rest. The starting 22s should be alright to go on but the interchange and emergencies will have some casualties.

mjs8274
Treebeard

Post by mjs8274 »

have changed Yarran for Garlett, frees up some cash too.
no doubt will have a look at more chnages first thing tomorrow a.m. before kick off.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Also just a quick warning lads- be prepared for the servers to be down as soon as the teams are released! When making your last minute trades, be sure that you dont sit with a blank spot in your team for more than a couple of seconds, and save your team every 30 seconds! If they crash when youve got a blank, you'll be entered with 29 players and get a 0 overall for round 1....

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Yarran out? Poop...guess Ziebell it is then

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Anyone know what's up with Broughton? I was reading he was a lock in several places and now he's not even an emergency for Freemantle.

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

Think he was just left out. He'll get a chance at some stage though because Freo are pretty shit. I seem to remember the same thing happened with Rhys Palmer last year, Harvey likes to play games with the dt playing public. :lol:

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Anyone got an idea why Heath Shaw has been benched? league has him both 'in' and 'benched'... :?

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

He picked up a hamstring injury, don't think it's serious though.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

M-boy wrote:He picked up a hamstring injury, don't think it's serious though.
bigger...there's my first 2000+ gone... :evil:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I almost left McPhee in. I don't recall this many last minute injuries last season, but that's probably because I didn't know what the hell was going on anyway for the first few weeks :lol:

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

I'm in for a shocker this week. I figured I would get some donuts but they were supposed to be the rookies - losing premiums like the Spud and McPhee is a pain in the arse.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

tedbull wrote:I'm in for a shocker this week. I figured I would get some donuts but they were supposed to be the rookies - losing premiums like the Spud and McPhee is a pain in the arse.
It's a shame because both were good value picks - this game is way crueller than FPL. I think that having the teams published in advance but having the site crash is way worse than just not knowing at all.

mjs8274
Treebeard

Post by mjs8274 »

and Raines looks like being my first trade, along with most other peoples i guess.
AFL website says he's out for 3-4 weeks min.

mjs8274
Treebeard

Post by mjs8274 »

good points today from Ablett and Enright.
Won't see scores now til Sunday night / Monday morning so fingers crossed for a good 1st week.
GL to others too!

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

mjs8274 wrote:and Raines looks like being my first trade, along with most other peoples i guess.
AFL website says he's out for 3-4 weeks min.
They reckoned a bit longer on channel 10 tonight. Some ligament damage will rule him out for over a month.

Osbourne gone for a month as well they reckon.

mjs8274
Treebeard

Post by mjs8274 »

Hi guys, what's the best strategy with trades re: this game, do them asap when window opens as the price could fluctuate or wait and see if you get any news on who's playing in the next round of games?
cheers.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

mjs8274 wrote:Hi guys, what's the best strategy with trades re: this game, do them asap when window opens as the price could fluctuate or wait and see if you get any news on who's playing in the next round of games?
cheers.
I think that they're week long price fluctuations - ie they're fixed at the start of the week and don't change.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Yeah the prices are fixed but DON'T do any trades until the new teams are announced towrds the end of the week.

I think I'll be hanging onto Raines in DT, doing too many early trades killed me last season. No point trading a lame duck for another rookie who may get 20's and 30's for a month. I have loads of spare cash in SC so I'll be trading him out there for a gun.

mjs8274
Treebeard

Post by mjs8274 »

cool, cheers.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

SunderlandFan wrote:Yeah the prices are fixed but DON'T do any trades until the new teams are announced towrds the end of the week.

I think I'll be hanging onto Raines in DT, doing too many early trades killed me last season. No point trading a lame duck for another rookie who may get 20's and 30's for a month. I have loads of spare cash in SC so I'll be trading him out there for a gun.
But isn't the idea that you know who will trade up the week before? If Robinson does two weeks in the 90s he will increase in value - but you already know that and so you can trade up and get the bonus (a bit like FPL)... :?

I seem to think that my problem last year was simply having too many donuts in the first week or two - once you're down in this game it's difficult to catch up because the trades are a lot clearer.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Remember, a player's price won't change until they play three games and is based on his average score over his last three games, so you'll be able to work out the price increase/decrease before it happens.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

FWDS = Good buys for the most part, but some poor starts - will see how they go in Round 2

RUCKS = Cox and Kreuzer did about as well as I'd hoped - no changes planned

MIDS = Awesome all round, no changes - Ablett will be my captain from now on and Robbo will be a starter

BACKS = Poor, Goddard and Newman did the biz, Mundy, Nicoski etc were bad and Raines got injured - may do a Round 2 trade

1958 according to league, not too awful

My SC team is a write off - 1688 and left Robbo on the bench

How are you guys doing?

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

FF and DT seem to disagree on my score this round, FF have it at 2031, and DT 1985, somewhere between would be fine as long as it`s over 2000 :?

SC 1802, 1 doughnut no Emg and no Captain, could have been worse :lol:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

That's hopeful 5lb. I like my FF score better too, but the DT one will have to do. :lol:

1918 all in. Captain Coxy will have better weeks, as will Chornes and Selwood who was unlucky to get injured. Pavlich, Adcock, Mackie, Masten and Deledio will all be getting gentle reminders to HTFU. Overall though I'm not too disappointed with it for a first week. Pleased to have Robinson and Rich in the squad and the other rookies didn't disgrace themselves. And crucially I didn't cop any donuts. Long may that continue!

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Five long bones wrote:FF and DT seem to disagree on my score this round, FF have it at 2031, and DT 1985, somewhere between would be fine as long as it`s over 2000 :?

SC 1802, 1 doughnut no Emg and no Captain, could have been worse :lol:
You still did way better than me in SC and I did have a captain and emergencies :oops:

HTFU SC team :evil:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

M-boy wrote:That's hopeful 5lb. I like my FF score better too, but the DT one will have to do. :lol:

1918 all in. Captain Coxy will have better weeks, as will Chornes and Selwood who was unlucky to get injured. Pavlich, Adcock, Mackie, Masten and Deledio will all be getting gentle reminders to HTFU. Overall though I'm not too disappointed with it for a first week. Pleased to have Robinson and Rich in the squad and the other rookies didn't disgrace themselves. And crucially I didn't cop any donuts. Long may that continue!
Are you thinking of doing a cheeky trade for Round 2? The concensus is, don't do sideways trades, but there's quite a few people on Big Footy sugegsting a couple of early trades can set your team up nicely.

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

High 1900s in week one (ie before you've had the chance to make any money) is a very good score. I had a pretty poor week and finished with FF1792 or DT1763 - 1 donut, and 12 & 34 point players.

That said, I'm only fussed about the FISO league so my squad score is probably more important than the players I put on the ground and I quite liked the look of a few of my non-playing emergencies.

Rich was the standout cheapo for me this round and Petrenko and Otten should have done enough for selection next week. Disappointed I took Cheney out of my squad but if he can back up that score he'll be back in.

Did anyone see Lucas' elbow? He didn't seem worried about it but there was something clearly wrong.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote:Are you thinking of doing a cheeky trade for Round 2? The concensus is, don't do sideways trades, but there's quite a few people on Big Footy sugegsting a couple of early trades can set your team up nicely.
I don't think so. I'm a conservative fantasy sports player by nature. I've got injuries to Raines and Anthony so they are the ones I might consider, but I can cover those with my bench. Besides, I really only need to set my team up for the league. Overall position is nice, but I'm not going to be in the hunt anyway so the leagues are more important to me.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I didn't know Lucas had a problem with his elbow. I only have him in SC and I think my team is a bust anyway so I'm not going to sweat it.

ps
Has anyone seen Cookiezncream? It's a bit quiet in here at the moment - i thought Tippaz and Coockiez would be raining wisdom down upon our heads once they'd seen our teams :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”