To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2009 FISO AFL Premiership

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: All round don

Re: 2009 FISO AFL Premiership

Post by dalythgoe »

I'm pretty pleased with my round 1 score but its early days yet with some of the gurus out of the top 8 this round.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

dalythgoe wrote:I'm pretty pleased with my round 1 score but its early days yet with some of the gurus out of the top 8 this round.
Hi Dave :D

Yeah it's too early to judge anything. Best to hang fire and see what happens in rounds 2 and 3.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Any tips on getting my badge as a really big avatar? like TBs & SFs.........

Usually 1st few weeks are all about loading up on cash cows, with a few delayed cash cows on hold... will post my trading thoughts soon though :mrgreen:

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

Nice one, ZW, I'll look forward to that. For the badge, all you do is log into dt and on the left hand side beside your team name and score is a small version of your badge with (edit shield) below, click that and it'll take you to a page with a bigger version. Just take a screenshot and copy it into Paint or whatever graphics package you have on your pc and crop it down to the badge. Hope that answers your question. :)

dalythgoe: who you following this season and have I got your league link right above?

Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th TFFOSM 07/08, 466th FPL 12/13

Post by Worm »

Obviously Worms Boys is mine. league link has been sent.

Cheers.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Zuluwarrior wrote:Any tips on getting my badge as a really big avatar? like TBs & SFs.........

Usually 1st few weeks are all about loading up on cash cows, with a few delayed cash cows on hold... will post my trading thoughts soon though :mrgreen:
Have you managed to grab your shield okay? I did print screen on the section where you pick a logo etc then cropped it using Gimp 2 which you can download for free.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

best i could do.....

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Nice sword Zulu :D

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

Subject to team announcements I should be able to field a full 22 this week. Might have to do something with Raines and Anthony at some point, but I'm not even considering any trades until the round 3 teams come out, even if I cop a few fruit conserve toroidal crystalline carbohydrate covered snacks along the way. It's all about the leagues baby.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

M-Boy, unfortunately i barrack for the wonderful, charismatic, entertaining Melbourne demons

Looking forward to this weekends games- hopefully Stephen Hill gets some more TOG to boost his horrible score from last week. Am hovering over the trade button on Raines :arrow: Cheney, considering I could use the extra 90k somewhere else, and upgrade Cheney :arrow: Raines again in week 7 or 8 when he's back as a straight swap..... Are 2 trades worth 90 grand?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I was thinking Higgins would be a shoe in - but he starts on the bench for round 2. Then again Swan's often on the bench and he's a total gun.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Yeh SF dont take any notice of who is on the bench- if anything its a good indication that Higgins and Swan will be rotations through the midfield....

Only thing to take note of is if any of your players are on an extended bench.... they still have the chance of being omitted :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Hope Hill plays or Ill cop a donut in my backs....

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

I'll be copping a Big O in the backs this week. No trades though - I'll just take the donut like a man.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

uncsi wrote:I'll be copping a Big O in the backs this week. No trades though - I'll just take the donut like a man.
Leave me one with sprinkles and strawberry frosting. :oops:

Seriously though it's going to be very difficult all day for me not to dump Raines or Broughton for Cheney, but I might just do that in SC and leave DT alone.

SC might be the release valve i need to avoid messing up my DT chances :D

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Round 4 Results and Ladder

The first round of the Dreamteam home and away season got underway this weekend. Results and current table are as follows:

A 408 point win for Zuluwarrior gives him a percentage boost at golden bear's expense, and will yield at least 1 vote in the FISO Brownlow, depending on what results the Championship teams have produced. These two were, in fact, the top and bottom scoring teams in the Premiership this week, though golden bear can console himself with the fact that he's not the lowest cumulative scorer in the 4 rounds to date. :oops:

Sarky and atx1303 were the other sides to crack the 2k and both got the victories their performances deserved. M-Boy can consider himself unlucky to have run into the former as he was the top scoring loser for the round.

Unluckiest FISOer was Uncsi, who was edged out by a piffling 37 points by cookiezncream.

4 of our early top 5 face off next week so expect to see some early movement in the ladder.

Happy trading! :D

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

tedbull wrote: M-Boy can consider himself unlucky to have run into the former as he was the top scoring loser for the round.
Indeed I do. Ran into a Sarky side that is scoring far too well for this stage in the season. :x At least I was the best loser. 8-) You hearing me other losers? You are all rubbish.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

M-boy wrote:
tedbull wrote: M-Boy can consider himself unlucky to have run into the former as he was the top scoring loser for the round.
Indeed I do. Ran into a Sarky side that is scoring far too well for this stage in the season. :x At least I was the best loser. 8-) You hearing me other losers? You are all rubbish.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

A guy in my public league was the highest scorer in Round 4 with 2373! :shock:

Thank eff he wasn't playing against me.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Round 5 Results

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Round 6 Results and Ladder

The third round of head-to-head fixtures saw some high scores and close matches. Results and table after Round 6 are as follows:

Sarky maintained his unbeaten record with the biggest win of the week, a 226-point margin over scottymac. Sarky's 2218 was also the highest score of the sixteen teams in the Premiership, continuing his high-scoring season (average: 2032.67 :shock:). Five long bones maintains his position at the top of the table with a comfortable win over last-placed golden bear. Keeping pace with Sarky and Five are dalythgoe and atx1303, also with perfect winning-streaks.

The latter's winning streak was seriously endangered, with atx running out just 19 points ahead of SunderlandFan in a 2054-2035 battle. That wasn't even the tightest contest! Canary Yellow can come out of hiding after his first win of the season, a nail-bitingly narrow 15-point defeat of Worm's Boys. Unlucky Worm. Also recording a first win was tedbull against Uncle, festering in 15th. Well done ted (where the bloody hell were ya?)! In other matches dalythgoe overcame Cookiez for the first time since... <insert soggy biscuit joke here> and that handsome devil M-boy charmed his way to another glorious victory - this time over mercurial DT genius Tippaz. Just another step in what can only be described as a stroll towards inevitable FISO Premiership success?

Overall, with an average of 1938, we're doing bloody well. Congratulations boys and girls!

Some interesting ties next week with leader Five long bones facing season guide guru Tippaz and a similar match-up in highly-placed Sarky against highly-rated Zulu Warrior. The Jack Nicklaus of DreamTeam takes his Steam Pigs to face the Crocs (who will be wearing jaw masks - can't be too careful) while the quietly impressive X-Man is up against scottymac, as both adjust to life without GAblett. And in what I will christen the Limey-Pommy Derby, Tedbull's Mule's take on SF's Granites.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Thanks Mark. It's tighter in our league than a nun's c**t :shock:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote:Thanks Mark. It's tighter in our league than a nun's c**t :shock:
That's right, it's a veritable virgin's daughter of a league.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Nice work lads & ladettes :lol: Doing a stellar job so far!

Looks like a lot of us are in good position to take advantage of LTI's!

I like it when its tight 8-)

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Zuluwarrior wrote:Nice work lads & ladettes :lol: Doing a stellar job so far!

Took me 5 hours to work out what LTI's meant :roll:
and even then only worked it out after seeing the LTI tombstone icon used on the league site
If I was you I wouldn't worry about replacing any injuries :wink:

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Sarky wrote:
Zuluwarrior wrote:Nice work lads & ladettes :lol: Doing a stellar job so far!

Took me 5 hours to work out what LTI's meant :roll:
and even then only worked it out after seeing the LTI tombstone icon used on the league site
If I was you I wouldn't worry about replacing any injuries :wink:
haha nice try sarky :P

you'll be pleased to know that the only change to my playing squad from last week id Beams (inj) out, Corey in
:lol: :lol: :lol:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Round 7 Results and Ladder

An injury ravaged round saw some upsets, with only three teams now unbeaten and two yet to win. Top to bottom it’s getting tighter than a gnat’s chuff...

Like the Kolyma Highway connecting the cities of Magadan and Yakutsk, Broken Bones lead the way. Stalin’s ruthless Soviet Empire was built on the bones of millions of political dissidents, but it’s just Five Long Bones that is dictating (see what I did there) the pace of FISO DT.

Stalin may have believed that ideas were more powerful than guns, but he obviously never had Nick Riewoldt or Bryce Gibbs in his dream team. By contrast, Eric’s team is more full of guns than a Taliban transit van. Not even the first appearance of that other man of steel – Superman Steele Sidebottom - could save Tippaz from yet another defeat. That loss leaves Tippaz without a win and banished to the frozen tundra of failure alongside fellow Solzhenshitsyn Uncsi who was unable to prevent atx1303 from continuing his unbeaten run. In fact, Uncsi was unable to prevent much as his first circle was followed by several more. Uncle Slam ended up with more unwanted doughnuts than the pâtisserie at Paris Fashion Week and the round’s low score of 1707.

Keeping pace with Five Long Bones and Atx at the top is Dalythgoe as his arboreal antagonists snuck past Worm’s Boys by a mere 4 points. It’s the smallest winning margin of the season and Worm must be considered the unluckiest DT manager of the early rounds; losing consecutive matches in rounds six and seven by a combined total of just 23 points. :shock:

Sarky lost his tie and his unbeaten record as Zulu Warrior put last week’s defeat to X-Man behind him to win 1982-1931. X-Man meanwhile continued his excellent run and heaped more misery on Scottymac whose third consecutive defeat means he’s yet to beat a non-Australian. Canary Yellow ghosted past Cookiez and up the table after outscoring the absent antipodean by 80.

Probably the most impressive win was that of Golden Bear against the marvellously multitalented and universally popular M-boy. The rookie produced a solid 1884 to win by a healthy margin with young Taylor Walker coming off the bench to score 114 and tons also from Lids, Kornes, Coxy and The Velvet Sledgehammer himself: Matty Lloyd. M-boy spent the weekend stuffing his fine featured fizzog with the deep-fried delicacies of defeat.

In perhaps the most interesting tie of the round – the one all the best commentators had billed ‘The Limey-Pommy Derby'Tedbull was beaten 1923-2067 by Sunderland Fan. SF’s score was the highest of the round, and only one to break 2k. Well done Kelly! As for the rest of you with your sub-2000 scores: HTFU you bunch of weak arsed bourgeois shits. (actually we’re 111th of all DT leagues so it’s ok, but don’t let it happen again!)

Round 8 Preview

Can Sarky bounce back or will the Pigs keep Steaming? Will Possums be Smacked or Pommies Granited? When’s the ‘Tippaz Turn’? Will Scottymac’s Australian passport be withdrawn? How few will Worm lose by? What’s brown and low? Will I find a bleaker theme than Soviet Siberian tyranny? All these questions – or some, or fewer - will be answered next week.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Great round up Mark, now everyone do as he says and HTFU! You're an embarrassment to the good name of Aussie Footy. Who do you think you are, Sunderland AFC or something? :oops:

:lol:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

All my rookies are doing terribly this round :evil:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Round 8 Results and Ladder

After last week’s nightmare with more ‘o’s than a gangsta rapper’s garden centre, we expected high scores. But it was practically Armistice Day in DT as so many guns didn’t fire, and no-one broke 2k. We have moved up one place in the overall league rankings though. :D

There is a man from Kilmacolm
Who goes by the name Five Long Bones
He placked Scotty’s Crockers
Who all had a shocker
Now he’s top of the league as is shown

The one man beside him is Dave
Whose win could be called a close shave
His defeat of Ess Eff
Was suitably deft
And he gave her a one-fingered wave

Right, that’s enough of that....

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Worm has turned, and what a Cruyff-like turn it was. His previous defeats were as narrow as the gap between Buddy Franklin’s meals, but his victory over Ted Bull was wider than the space between a Collingwood fan’s teeth. His 259 point win is pictorially illustrated below:

Elsewhere the only real surprise was the first loss for Atx1303, with Cookiezncream taking the points from what was always likely to be a tight match. The 1846-1840 scoreline proved to be the joint smallest margin alongside dalythgoe’s six-point defeat of SunderlandFan. Small comfort for Atiq that his score would have beaten eleven of the league this week.

Relief for Uncsi as he thumped CanaryYellow to lift himself off the bottom of the table and back into top-half contention. The ‘Tippaz Turn’ has also occurred at the expense of X-Man, who really could have done without Chappy wimping out.

With those victories Si and Marcus join Ted, Scottymac and golden bear on one win each. Sarky’s return to form puts him third, while the mid-table clash between M-boy and Zulu Warrior saw the majestic, suave, virile Scot winning with the week’s high score of 1971 to bring a broad toothy smile to the faces of each and every one of his legion of adoring buxom female fans.

Round 9 Preview

Dominating the fixture list are two battles of the early pacemakers: Five Long Bones v Sarky and dalythgoe v Atx. 5th and 6th - M-boy and X-Man - also face off for the chance to break the domination of the big four. There’s also a scrap at the bottom as scottymac and golden bear go head to head. Elsewhere, it’s the Biscuit Boy v the Boston Bird and two more Ashes warm-ups: Unc v Worm and Ted v CY (you’re an Aussie now Ted). Finally, watch out Zulu, Tippaz is back! Watch out Tippaz, Ablett is back!

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Can't believe I lost by a small margin again. Hopefully that's the last of my bad luck and I can get into contention. Fat chance of course :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”