To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2009 Season AFL DT - Recruiting for the FISO CHAMPIONSHIP

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Re: 2009 SEASON AFL LEAGUES

Post by SunderlandFan »

golden bear wrote:
tedbull wrote:
golden bear wrote:I looked at the AFL forum last season and someone put some very funny youtube vids on. When I was looking at these I found one from The Footy Show called Gary Lyon Stretcher. After watching it about ten times I could not for the life of me work out what was supposed to be funny about it.
Can anyone enlighten me?
He hosts 'The Footy Show' over here so his co-hosts like to show the footage of him squealing in pain due to a broken leg. They show it most weeks.
Sounds like a right laugh :?
It's Australian humor, you have to make allowances :D

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Potting us on Australia Day. Unforgiveable.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

tedbull wrote:Potting us on Australia Day. Unforgiveable.
I don't even know what that means. If you could speak English then there wouldn't be these cultural discrepancies.

Happy Australia Day! Did you eat roast kangaroo?

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

i'm giving fanplanner the thumbs down.

there's too much guesswork with the classifications. Adcock will not be available in the backs IMO.

and no one knows the magic discount formula for returning players. Cousins will not be 365k after playing 0 games last year. i'd say he'll be half that.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Tippaz wrote:i'm giving fanplanner the thumbs down.

there's too much guesswork with the classifications. Adcock will not be available in the backs IMO.

and no one knows the magic discount formula for returning players. Cousins will not be 365k after playing 0 games last year. i'd say he'll be half that.
Hey Tippaz are you planning on posting another tip sheet like you did last year? I found really insightful and I'm sure the new players we have for this season will be most appreciative :D

cookiezncream
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cookiezncream »

I'm still around and keen. Just been focusing on the FPL side of things lately, because I'm actually doing well.

What happened to Schlocky and the others?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

cookiezncream wrote:I'm still around and keen. Just been focusing on the FPL side of things lately, because I'm actually doing well.

What happened to Schlocky and the others?
Ask Admin for details, I'd rather not get into it here except to say Schlock has been a very naughty gorilla.

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: All round don

Post by dalythgoe »

FROM THE AFL SITE:

Dream Team - It's back!
TOYOTA AFL DREAM TEAM - LAUNCHING FEBRUARY
The original and official AFL fantasy game is back! Toyota AFL Dream Team will be live and ready for registrations in early February.

That leaves plenty of time to set up leagues and plenty of time to fine tune your team during the NAB Cup.

Who will you choose? What are your tactics for getting the upper hand over your mates, family and workmates?

It pays to play
Thanks to Toyota, BigPond and the AFL, brilliant prizes await the grand champion and weekly winners for 09 Toyota AFL Dream Team. Weekly random prizes will also be awarded, so you could get lucky just by being in the game.

New features
The DT team has done a hard pre-season, and there are improvements and innovations all round in 2009.

Live scores, Premium Dream Team and the Eliminator are all back, better than ever.
Dream Team’s rich history will finally be recorded as past champions and high scorers are honoured on the DT wall of fame.

And of course there’ll be a few other surprises.

Early registration
Get to the contest early and you could win. Register before March 13 and you’ll be in the running for one of two great prizes.

There’s also a free trial offer from BigPond movies available for Australian-based participants in 2009 Toyota AFL Dream Team. Conditions apply to both opportunities.

What next?
AFL.com.au is your home for everything Toyota AFL Dream Team. Stay close to afl.com.au for news and updates, and come February, the launch itself.

Live the Dream this year, and may the best Dream Teamer win.

:D

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

Prices should be available soon then. Lets see how close Monty and the Big Footy guys got to the reral prices :lol:

NAB cup starts next week I think, so a good idea to keep an eye on players form over the cup to help in picking out the value.

Can't wait.

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

Didn't they only release it about a week before deadline last year? Alright we'd better get moving... blue are confirmed, red are unconfirmed.

Tippaz
Cookiezncream
UncSi
Tedbull
SunderlandFan
Atx1303
Dalythgoe
Canary Yellow

Sarky
Scotty-mac
M-Boy
Worm
Downboys
X-Man
Bal
Jellysticks

Five Long Bones
Irish Raider
Gravesy
Redmen82
Cherylhoney
Golden Bear
The Pom

Flyman
Zulu Warrior
Devil's Advocate
Walrus
Skyfire
Pommie Jimbo

Gives us 29 at best (1 teabagger in Prem, 2 in Div 1?) More than likely we'll just have to backfill the first division like last year.

Has anyone heard from the guys in red?

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dalythgoe »

I'll send out a pm when they open the site, unless you think it would be better to sort things out before then?

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

I'm in.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

tedbull wrote:Didn't they only release it about a week before deadline last year? Alright we'd better get moving... blue are confirmed, red are unconfirmed.

Tippaz
Cookiezncream
UncSi
Tedbull
SunderlandFan
Atx1303
Dalythgoe
Canary Yellow

Sarky
Scotty-mac
M-Boy
Worm
Downboys
X-Man
Bal
Jellysticks

Five Long Bones
Irish Raider
Gravesy
Redmen82
Cherylhoney
Golden Bear
The Pom

Flyman
Zulu Warrior
Devil's Advocate
Walrus
Skyfire
Pommie Jimbo

Gives us 29 at best (1 teabagger in Prem, 2 in Div 1?) More than likely we'll just have to backfill the first division like last year.

Has anyone heard from the guys in red?
I think we should start PMing the people in red. Tedbull, can you update the list with the known knowns and the known unknowns and then we can deal with the unknown knowns. Can't do anything about the unknown unknowns though :?

atx1303
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 3rd 08/09

Post by atx1303 »

tedbull wrote:Didn't they only release it about a week before deadline last year?
The website was ready much earlier, the delay was due to issues with the old sponsor Coca Cola and the time to find a new sponsor..... If Toyota is still sponsoring the tournament this year as well, it will hopefully start in the next few days :D

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dalythgoe »

PMS SENT!

apart from Pommie Jimbo who I can't contact :?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

dalythgoe wrote:PMS SENT!

apart from Pommie Jimbo who I can't contact :?
Awesome!

cherylhoney
Dumbledore

Post by cherylhoney »

How many teams/leagues can you enter in this game?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

cherylhoney wrote:How many teams/leagues can you enter in this game?
Schlock had two teams in two different leagues last year, not sure what the "legal" limit is, but I believe it's okay for you to enter the same team in multiple leagues. Would be easier for you to do that if your in the leagues league as well. I'll have to check though.

here's the info
Create or join up to THREE Private or Public Leagues with your single team entry, in an easy to use and manage interface direct from your Leagues page. Create or join a separate league with your friends, relatives and work colleagues, while managing the one team. Private & Public head-to-head fixtures for Rounds 4-18 will continue to be published weekly starting from Round 1 (you must have a complete team entry in order to enter and remain in a head-to-head private or public league).
Sounds like you can only have one team 'officially'
Last edited by SunderlandFan on 02 Feb 2009, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

cherylhoney
Dumbledore

Post by cherylhoney »

SunderlandFan wrote:
cherylhoney wrote:How many teams/leagues can you enter in this game?
Schlock had two teams in two different leagues last year, not sure what the "legal" limit is, but I believe it's okay for you to enter the same team in multiple leagues. Would be easier for you to do that if your in the leagues league as well. I'll have to check though.
Excellent - you know how I like to spread myself about a bit. :D

Walrus
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 1221st FPL 09/10

Post by Walrus »

Edited...count me out sorry, prefer the Supercoach format.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Walrus wrote:Edited...count me out sorry, prefer the Supercoach format.
No worries Walrus, it's just good to have eager people in either format. :D

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

First batch of PMs sent to the top 16 eligible scorers from last season (as agreed here). The current invite list runs from Tippaz down to Jellysticks and omits those who have been banned or have stated that they do not wish to join the league. It's very likely that there will be more places available after Feb 11.

I'm proposing that we give people a week (until Feb 11) to enter the league before we invite the next batch of qualifiers.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments on the above?

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dalythgoe »

M-boys pm'd me saying he's Dreamteaming again this year.

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

Yeah, I'll be here. Just had a surprisingly busy week or so and haven't really had the opportunity to devote any real time to new projects.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Yay M-Boy!

Tedbull, did you mean to remove both of Schlock's teams? I don't think viddleodge et al will be back either they seem to be busy throwing all their toys out of their prams.

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

SunderlandFan wrote:Yay M-Boy!

Tedbull, did you mean to remove both of Schlock's teams? I don't think viddleodge et al will be back either they seem to be busy throwing all their toys out of their prams.
Not sure we really need to be dragging this up again tbh

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

uncsi wrote:

I didn't mean that to incite, I'm just saying I don't think they will be doing AFL here because of their reaction to the name banning issue.

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

SunderlandFan wrote:
uncsi wrote:

I didn't mean that to incite, I'm just saying I don't think they will be doing AFL here because of their reaction to the name banning issue.
Fair enough. Still - giving yourself a gorilla avatar and making comments about schlock and viddle could be seen as inflammatory, whether there is any intent there or not.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

The gorilla toy is supposed to be my homage to Schlock rather than a dig. I'll change it if it comes across as offensive.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

uncsi wrote: Fair enough. Still - giving yourself a gorilla avatar and making comments about schlock and viddle could be seen as inflammatory, whether there is any intent there or not.
I think this may have been said before in this forum, not sure by whom...HTFU uncsi 8-)

(I think viddle and Schlocky are big enough to take it...)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”