To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Seabiscuit trivia - true or false

FISO's forum community quiz competitions including Caption challenges
nemo
FISOhead
FS Record: 52nd in FPL 2005-06

Seabiscuit trivia - true or false

Post by nemo »

I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I work on a staff magazine and try and find answers to sporting conundrums asked by staff:

In the March issue, one of the items in ‘Horse Trivia’ claimed that Seabiscuit had the following stable companions: a horse called Pumpkin, a dog called Pocatel, and a monkey called Jo Jo. I recently watched the DVD of Seabiscuit and there is absolutely no mention of this fairly unusual ‘fact’ in the film. Is it true or not?

It's a good question. the original trivia 'fact' was found on the internet.
Is it true or not? Any horse racing historians out there?

cheers

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Re: Seabiscuit trivia - true or false

Post by fancy dan »

nemo wrote:I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I work on a staff magazine and try and find answers to sporting conundrums asked by staff:

In the March issue, one of the items in ‘Horse Trivia’ claimed that Seabiscuit had the following stable companions: a horse called Pumpkin, a dog called Pocatel, and a monkey called Jo Jo. I recently watched the DVD of Seabiscuit and there is absolutely no mention of this fairly unusual ‘fact’ in the film. Is it true or not?

It's a good question. the original trivia 'fact' was found on the internet.
Is it true or not? Any horse racing historians out there?

cheers
I guess you could try the book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stranger-Than-S ... 162&sr=1-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

"They later provided him with a calm, steady cow pony named Pumpkin and this time, Seabiscuit approved. Pumpkin was given the stall next to Seabiscuit’s and the wall between was taken down to create one extra large stall. Seabiscuit made more friends — Pocatell, a little spotted stray dog who slept on Seabiscuit’s belly; and a spider monkey called Jo Jo who curled up in the crook of his neck at night."

http://www.completerider.com/horsepower.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've read the book and do remember this I think.

Page 110 of the book has all these facts confirmed.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

http://www.tbgreats.com/seabiscuit/bio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"He also gave his colt a double sized stall complete with roommates. Seabiscuit's new companions were a stray dog named Pocatell, a spider monkey known as Jo Jo, and his lifelong traveling mate, a calm horse name Pumpkin"

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

How can you sleep on a horse's belly - don't they sleep standing up?

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

murf wrote:How can you sleep on a horse's belly - don't they sleep standing up?
nah that's Bolton Defenders.

nemo
FISOhead
FS Record: 52nd in FPL 2005-06

Post by nemo »

Spencer4 wrote:"They later provided him with a calm, steady cow pony named Pumpkin and this time, Seabiscuit approved. Pumpkin was given the stall next to Seabiscuit’s and the wall between was taken down to create one extra large stall. Seabiscuit made more friends — Pocatell, a little spotted stray dog who slept on Seabiscuit’s belly; and a spider monkey called Jo Jo who curled up in the crook of his neck at night."

http://www.completerider.com/horsepower.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've read the book and do remember this I think.

Page 110 of the book has all these facts confirmed.
Brilliant! thanks Spencer. It does though beg the question, why the makers of the film ommited this gem of information

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

murf wrote:How can you sleep on a horse's belly - don't they sleep standing up?
Velrco

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum Quiz Comps”