To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Football players xls quiz - help required

FISO's forum community quiz competitions including Caption challenges
GazzaB
Red & Blue Braces

Football players xls quiz - help required

Post by GazzaB »

Hi FISO quiz compers.

First time on this forum, normally I just hang about on the TFF forum looking for assistance with my team and 99% of the time I get help and good advice. I'm hoping for some help here too.

At work we've had a xls spreadsheet 'name the footballer' type quiz which has been knocking around for years without being fully solved, it's Swedish in origin 'Gissa Bollspelare' and there are 200 players of varying points difficulty. The spreadsheet has 'spelare kvar' which is 'player clear' (presumably 'still to get'). Has anyone heard of it? and more importantly where to get ones paws on an answer sheet?

I can't upload the xls to this post but if anyone is interested pm me or here's a link to a site which has a blank one
http://www.skottfint.nu/skottfint.nsf/0 ... elare1.xls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (cant find any answers on that site either)

It's pretty tough, even very well known players normally require a double take to confirm but after massive amounts of internet research of team kits, badges, squads, etc, etc we've finally managed to get down to only having 6 players left to get. I don't know how to post pictures but if anyone has done this quiz or takes a look at it I really could do with finding an answer sheet or does anyone know who numbers 16 / 40 / 47 / 105 / 121 / 170 are ? Any hints, teams names or any sort of a step for a hint on these 6 would be welcome too.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Football players xls quiz - help required

Post by Surprised »

The answers will be somewhere on a hidden sheet within the spreadsheet.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

That would be my thought; it'll either be password protected which will take a little cracking or it'll just be hidden which is easy to reveal.

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

I cracked the excel and looked at the answer sheet

answers below in tiny font

16 Fimpen & Ralf Edström
40 Peter Karlsson
47 Kubilay Türkyilmaz
105 Pierre Littbarski
121 Mats Gren
170 Tomas Sjöberg

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

I saved the spreadsheet in an XML format and extracted the names. For example the first few in the spreadsheet you linked are taken from the XML code and listed below - there appears to be alternative spellings accepted as many players are listed multiple times in various ways - ie Futre, Paulo Futre, Jorge Paulo Futre ...

Hubner
Futre
Vierchowod
Dasajev
Hübner
Paulo Futre
Pietro Vierchowod
Dasaev
Dario Hubner
Jorge Paulo Futre
Vierchovod

Just went to post this and it appears JPK has found software that cracks the password was good enough for this version of Excel :D

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Why do people hide answers on the spread sheet? Me being traditional would hide them in my grandmas biscuit tin. :lol:

GazzaB
Red & Blue Braces

Post by GazzaB »

jpk wrote:I cracked the excel and looked at the answer sheet

answers below in tiny font

16 Fimpen & Ralf Edström
40 Peter Karlsson
47 Kubilay Türkyilmaz
105 Pierre Littbarski
121 Mats Gren
170 Tomas Sjöberg
Thanks FISOers for coming to my rescue once again 8-) 8-)

WOW jpk - how do you 'crack' a spreadsheet?

By the way
:D :D THANK YOU :D :D THANK YOU :D :D THANK YOU :D :D

This has been driving us mental since about 2008 :oops: Thanks again.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

FISO saves the day again. 8-)

There are various methods depending on the method used to protect the document. Essentially you can either look at the underlying code to see if the password is hidden there (or the data isn't protected) or use dictionary attack software to try to identify it. I'm assuming he used some version of the former as the password seems unlikely to be an English word...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum Quiz Comps”