To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO cup format, registration and cut off date

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

FISO cup format, registration and cut off date

Post by Oxford NZ »

Apologies for the rambling blurb, I am typing as fast as thinking :?
The registration thread for the cup is open now and filling up nicely :) Here
My concern is that given the short turn round time from registration to the competition commencing in GW1 then I have little time to set up the leagues on the spreadsheet and make it work. I have a sheet set up now that works for 62 entrants based on last seasons format. I have started working on a sheet for my anticipated 120 entrants and that will take me 8 hours or so. The number of entrants is of course unknown, so the format for the qualifying will need to be based on that.
Should I limit the numbers to a set 62 giving 10 leagues of 6 round robin playing each other home and away, the top 3 going through with the last seasons winner and Spring league winner=32?
10 leagues of 11 players playing each other once with again the top 3 going through plus last seasons and the spring league winner =32?
The possible permutations of numbers and formats make it hard to set up in advance , not wanting to disappoint any regular FISOers by limiting he numbers or cutting off the registration prematurely but still having the time to come up with a format and write a new sheet is causing me some problems.

The google sheet used for the registration and is based on last seasons sheet used by taca. I have spent a good few hours setting it up and run last seasons data through it to make sure it works so now it is just up to how many register. Here

Please post any thoughts on how you all would like to see this side game run here. Many thanks in advance.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO cup format, registration and cut off date

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Doing a great job ONZ :D

Going back a couple of years or so Taca used to also have playoff matches in GWs 11 and 12 which gives you a few more options for how you whittle the qualifiers down to 30(32).

For example with 120 entrants you could have 20 groups of 6 - 20 Group winners qualify, 20 Runners up go into the playoffs to give you the other 10. Or you could just say the 10 runners up with the highest scores in the group stages go through and not bother with playoffs.

Ultimately though, just go with whatever works best for you in the time you have available.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: FISO cup format, registration and cut off date

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks TT. I did look back at some of the old threads to see the format they used. The additional play off are a good idea as it gives more of a feel for the real competition where an " under dog" can still win.
If I go with 20 groups it will mean shutting of the registration at the start of Sept to give a few days to sort the google sheet.The divisionals I can set up really quickly as I know my way around that one. This new sheet and H2H is a different ball game all together.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”