To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jeffmcgow's £50 Cash Minileague - Winner is hit & giggle

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Re: Jeffmcgow's £50 Cash Minileague

Post by jeffmcgow »

List of Entrants and Prize Money

Please refer to 2nd post
Last edited by jeffmcgow on 05 Dec 2018, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

dboy8
Cheetah
FS Record: top 1000

Post by dboy8 »

is this the final list?

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Yep, final list, dboy8.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

jeffmcgow wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:24 Capture.PNG
Freak gw that wasn't it. Don't ever remember a gw 1 like that with so many scoring players

Bloody fortunate for bench boosters :lol:

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Yes, all that chat on the various sites about playing the bench boost in GW1 "to get it out of the way". Fair play to those who did it though and pulled it off :) Faint heart and all that.

I'm planning to play my BB whenever I think I have a chance of 15ish points from the bench, but I just couldn't see it coming from Fabianski, Tomkins, Wan-Bissaka and Stephens :(
Last edited by jeffmcgow on 13 Aug 2018, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

jeffmcgow wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 20:16 Yes, all that chat on the various sites about playing the bench boost in GW1 "to get it out of the way".

I'm planning to play my BB whenever I think I have a chance of 15ish points from the bench, but I just couldn't see it coming from Fabianski, Tomkins, Wan-Bissaka and Stephens :(

I'm still not convinced, it just fell on a good week to do it and a few are going to have more cash on their bench than I would like in their next few. They could have easily been left with non starters on their bench so it was more punty. Subjective though and fair play for being brave

Just because the BB hasn't really succeeded in the DGW it doesn't mean it will not , I've thought a lot about the cons and pro's and I'm happy to go on as I would. It can't fail every DGW can it ? :lol:

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Nosebleed time for yours truly.
fpl50.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

fpl50.PNG

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

jeffmcgow wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 18:58fpl50.PNG
We battling again Jeff.. 2nd vs 3rd. Selling Moura for Mkhy last gw was not the highest point of my FPL career. :lol:

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Yes, our now-traditional seasonal tussle continues :)

My low-point in the GW3 transfer market was doing King -> Arnautovic, using up my 0.5M spare cash and landing me with a player with a potential injury :(

I must say your Moura -> Mkhy trumps mine though. Ouch :(

I'm sure Mkhy will turn out well; those fixtures are very inviting.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

jeffmcgow wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 12:34 Yes, our now-traditional seasonal tussle continues :)

My low-point in the GW3 transfer market was doing King -> Arnautovic, using up my 0.5M spare cash and landing me with a player with a potential injury :(

I must say your Moura -> Mkhy trumps mine though. Ouch :(

I'm sure Mkhy will turn out well; those fixtures are very inviting.

Hope so mate. I'm more annoyed as I was biggin Moura up ( great player ) then I went against my instinct and swapped him, even though my brain was telling me no.

At least Arnie looks like he going to be ok according to ex-west ham employee the reliable ITK

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Thanks for the positive news on Arnie :)

One transfer locked in for this week is Richarlison -> Neves :shock:

That'll leave me enough cash for Tomkins or Boly -> Trippier. I'm very tempted to take two transfers into the international break though.

Funnily enough, my decision to start without Arnie is interesting. You've commented a couple of times on FISO saying that people should try to do their own research and not allow themselves to be led by the words of people with a Twitter handle containing FPL. Your comments certainly resonated with me.

So, this season, I decided to do just that and I studied the stats and followed the pre-season news on FISO, and I had quite a decent team.

Then what did I do two days before kickoff? I looked at the FFS chat! Before I knew it, my Arnie pick had been stampeded by the herd and came back to life as King :(

I'll hang my head in shame :oops:

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

jeffmcgow wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 17:49 Thanks for the positive news on Arnie :)

That'll leave me enough cash for Tomkins or Boly -> Trippier. I'm very tempted to take two transfers into the international break though.

Funnily enough, my decision to start without Arnie is interesting. You've commented a couple of times on FISO saying that people should try to do their own research and not allow themselves to be led by the words of people with a Twitter handle containing FPL. Your comments certainly resonated with me.

So, this season, I decided to do just that and I studied the stats and followed the pre-season news on FISO, and I had quite a decent team.

Then what did I do two days before kickoff? I looked at the FFS chat! Before I knew it, my Arnie pick had been stampeded by the herd and came back to life as King :(

Haha yes it's very hard not to get sucked in sometimes, we are all guilty of it and I've had to resist taking a hit to bring Moura back in this gw which wasn't easy but I resisted Arnie is pretty much fixture proof when fit. Such a good player that can create something from nothing but I don't think Josh King was a bad pick either ( I went for both) . No one could have predicted Wilson would be the man , although before his big injury when he first came into the prem he was scoring goals all over. King looked good in the friendlies too. Now he's on pens I'm happy to hold for now and we picked him for a reason. Form could easily come back

Holding for the IB isn't the worse move but neither is Trippier who I will looking to bring in gw5 or 6 on WC. I do think Davies is also still a great pick too. A bit cheaper.

I went with Walcott , it would have been Pedro but I just don't want the ' will he or won't he start ' before every game. I also like the look of Max Mayer but decided I want to see more of him

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

DAREEL wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 18:11

Haha yes it's very hard not to get sucked in sometimes, we are all guilty of it and I've had to resist taking a hit to bring Moura back in this gw which wasn't easy but I resisted Arnie is pretty much fixture proof when fit. Such a good player that can create something from nothing but I don't think Josh King was a bad pick either ( I went for both) . No one could have predicted Wilson would be the man , although before his big injury when he first came into the prem he was scoring goals all over. King looked good in the friendlies too. Now he's on pens I'm happy to hold for now and we picked him for a reason. Form could easily come back

Holding for the IB isn't the worse move but neither is Trippier who I will looking to bring in gw5 or 6 on WC. I do think Davies is also still a great pick too. A bit cheaper.

I went with Walcott , it would have been Pedro but I just don't want the ' will he or won't he start ' before every game. I also like the look of Max Mayer but decided I want to see more of him
Yeah Arnie looked great vs Arsenal. Davies has looked good too, although the Spurs full back rotation is concerning - I’ve been trying to weigh up Davies/Trip + D.Silva vs Wan B & Bennett rotation + Hazard... Seems bad to have a 10.5 player if you’re not gonna be capping him but might be ok with viable 4.0s

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Jay P wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 09:31
DAREEL wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 18:11

Yeah Arnie looked great vs Arsenal. Davies has looked good too, although the Spurs full back rotation is concerning - I’ve been trying to weigh up Davies/Trip + D.Silva vs Wan B & Bennett rotation + Hazard... Seems bad to have a 10.5 player if you’re not gonna be capping him but might be ok with viable 4.0s

Agree on Hazard, unless it gets to a point where he's looking like tearing it up of course but who is crazy enough to captain him when you have better options like Kun and Salah. Not sure he worth the value but yet to be seen . I'm a bit surprised people are losing Mane for a hit to bring him in, i find it mind boggling in all honesty :lol: Bennett on borrowed time I belive,

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

fiso50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

GW7
50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

50.PNG

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

The league leader dboy8 has had to withdraw for the league. I have refunded his £50, so we have a prize pool of £2000 to be split as follows:

Prize Payout

1st 35% £700
2nd 25% £500
3rd 15% £300
4th 8% £160
5th 7% £140
6th 5% £100
7th 3% £60
8th 2% £40

TOTAL = £2000
Last edited by jeffmcgow on 05 Dec 2018, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

mharv
Treebeard

Post by mharv »

Now that jeff has made this public, I feel more able to post that dboy8's team was deleted due to it being found by ism to be cheating - ie run by an individual with more than one team. As of this evening (once the matches started and you can see other league tables changing) it s clear that the person who was in charge of dboy8 is moving the other teams he is in charge of into other prize leagues where he is able. Specifically, his teams D Boy (85238) and M-Pire (128259) have moved onto five other prize leagues, including tipster charlie's league and the turf matters league, and M-Pire is already on top of the bet mclean league with a £1000 prize..
Absolutely certain that these teams are connected - they have been identical in every respect up unitl he got caught out last week, and he admitted there is a connection before the start of the season, and preferred to have a team in his wife's name than post his own name on a public league (though stupidly put it on a forum visible to the public);
https://www.backinamo.com/forum/topic/n ... e/page/10/

There are lots of familiar names in those leagues involved, and several i know from fiso. Although i'm no longer in the running for the cash leagues or irish betting company leagues that I was looking to be doing well in, lots of folk here will be missing out on cash prizes if this Mr. Lam fellow gets away with his antics. I have written to those in charge of the game and would recommend that many many others do as well.

Watch out for new entries to leagues you are in!!!

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

jeffmcgow wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 18:17 The league leader dboy8 has had to withdraw for the league. I have refunded his £50, so we have a prize pool of £2000 to be split as follows:

Prize Payout

1st 35% £700.00
2nd 25% £500.00
3rd 15% £300.00
4th 8% £160.00
5th 7% £140.00
6th 5% £100.00
7th 3% £60.00
8th 2% £40.00

TOTAL = £2000.00
Looks much better with everything neatly rounded to £10.

Could probably lose the pennies on the next update... :P

:D

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Rounded for you, Hotpot ;)

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

That is almost perfect.

The only flaw isn't even worth mentioning.

If I was to mark you out of 2,000, I'd give you 1,999.

:D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”