To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Side-game data project / FPL data collection

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
kidzio
Wideboy

Re: Side-game data project / FPL data collection

Post by kidzio »

Mav3rick wrote:Sorry yeah I did miss your post, thank you as well kidzio, winter is definitely coming then :)
I thank you instead. Your work is helping us a lot for mini-leagues :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

kidzio wrote:You all missed my last post on the 13th that I have checked that the SideGameData is working ....
WORSE
i thought to recall it, I checked for it, and stopped reading after "Great to know that the json appears to be the same." thinking "no, this is about something else" :oops:

in any case, I wasn't testing, I was actually in need to use the tool to fetch the ID of a team who joined a league without posting nor updating his FPL button...
So, even had I recalled your post better, I'd still have reported that it didn't work for me ...until I remembered that I have to insert the GW# at the end :mrgreen:

kidzio
Wideboy

Post by kidzio »

MoSe wrote:
kidzio wrote:You all missed my last post on the 13th that I have checked that the SideGameData is working ....
WORSE
i thought to recall it, I checked for it, and stopped reading after "Great to know that the json appears to be the same." thinking "no, this is about something else" :oops:

in any case, I wasn't testing, I was actually in need to use the tool to fetch the ID of a team who joined a league without posting nor updating his FPL button...
So, even had I recalled your post better, I'd still have reported that it didn't work for me ...until I remembered that I have to insert the GW# at the end :mrgreen:
Haha. I am using it already too. Except that I am manually copying and pasting the manager names in the spreadsheet for now after checking the ID :)

rohitpotter
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/698/history

Post by rohitpotter »

Hi Maverick,

I am trying to use the tool: https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/GRID but when i enter the ids in there it gives me this error: There was an error!
An error occurred while processing your request, please try again. If this error persists then you can contact us via the link at the bottom of the page.

Please help

rohitpotter
Kevin and Perry

Post by rohitpotter »

Tacalabala wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Anyone who had been using my website tools may have noted issues with the SSL certificates over the last few weeks. I've finally had time to fix the issues so everything should be back to normal now.

I've also added a new URL, which aggregates FPL league data along with FPL Statistico Information for each team:

Team Performance Data (FPL Statistico) (TeamPerformanceData/<LeagueId>/<PageNumber>)

This is in addition to the existing URLs that aggregate weekly GW scores to assist Side Game Administrators.

FISO Sidegame Data (SideGameData/<LeagueId>/<GameweekNumber>)
FISO H2H Data (H2HData/<LeagueId>)
FISO Sidegame GRID (GRID/<LeagueId>)

After having the code running for most of last season, I'm open to either consolidating those URLs into one or putting up a brand new definitive format that fits everyone's purpose. The GRID is maybe the most useful tool from discussions I've had with people here, but it is slow due to all the live grabbing of data that it does (and having no storage means it takes longer and longer as the GWs go on). Now, I'm happy for google spreadsheets or similar to be the online storage mechanism, perhaps a side game admin just extracts the data week-by-week from GRID, or perhaps I extend the tool to provide storage (and hence speed) but at the cost of becoming a single point of failure personally.

It's likely that I'll have to do something when FPL returns for the new season as there will probably be some change or other to the FPL data that causes the current URLs to break (indeed GRID currently seems to be broken, but I can't see much point fixing it until the new season starts). So, if we want to fix some single useful and universal data extraction tool, after having a season of working with the FPL data under our belts, I think now would be a perfect time to discuss it.
I've been using this - https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/GRID - and I have to say that it's done the job for me with season, so thank you :)

In terms of next season, Google Sheets would be my preference as I know it's reliable and easy to use. I'm not too concerned with speed, I just need to know that it's going to be there and work.

GRID seems to work for me this morning, don't know if you've fixed for the hell of it though :mrgreen:

This may be a bit cheeky, but if you have time after sorting out GRID, do you think there is something you could do in terms of Chips and Season history as well? Just an idea mind.

When i am trying to use the Grid with league id, for example: https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/GRID/698 it tells me this in the ratemyteam website:

There was an error!
An error occurred while processing your request, please try again. If this error persists then you can contact us via the link at the bottom of the page.

Please help.

I run a fantasy football group where 320 players separated into 40 classic leagues of 8 each compete against each other for various tournaments so if i could get the league data of all the 40 leagues in an excel and get it to update every gameweek it saves me a lot of manual work and time . I have been reading this forum and looks like this is the way to go but i am not too great with coding, so if someone could guide me the right way i would be forever grateful. :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The grid version above probably isn't going to work at all until the season begins, but I will have a look at the weekend to see why specifically it's failing at the moment.

In the meantime, you can try the link format that MoSe mentioned above. That will give you information about the league and the teams in them.

Grid is more of an in-season tool and won't be reliable until we have some example GW data to test.

rohitpotter
Kevin and Perry

Post by rohitpotter »

:lol:
Mav3rick wrote:The grid version above probably isn't going to work at all until the season begins, but I will have a look at the weekend to see why specifically it's failing at the moment.

In the meantime, you can try the link format that MoSe mentioned above. That will give you information about the league and the teams in them.

Grid is more of an in-season tool and won't be reliable until we have some example GW data to test.
Thanks man. Will be waiting for an update over the weekend. When u say "you can try the link format that MoSe mentioned above" u mean this link? : https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/SideGameData/league id/gw

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

rohitpotter wrote: When u say "you can try the link format that MoSe mentioned above" u mean this link? : https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/SideGameData/leagueid/gw
yep :)

although
rohitpotter wrote: 320 players separated into 40 classic leagues of 8 each compete against each other for various tournaments
:shock:
that requires quite a management!

rohitpotter
Kevin and Perry

Post by rohitpotter »

MoSe wrote:
rohitpotter wrote: When u say "you can try the link format that MoSe mentioned above" u mean this link? : https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/SideGameData/leagueid/gw
yep :)

although
rohitpotter wrote: 320 players separated into 40 classic leagues of 8 each compete against each other for various tournaments
:shock:
that requires quite a management!
It does. I learnt the basics of vbscript just to make sure that i could automate everything via excel once i have the scores of the individual players. But just noting down the scores of 320 players from the fpl site to an excel takes a lot of time as well so i have been looking for a way to extract the player scores league wise from the fpl website directly in excel for quite sometime. I was getting into python and beautiful soup for data scraping when i stumbled upon a reddit link for fpl api from where i got the link of this forum(THANK GOD I DID!). From what i gathered i think the Grid should be perfect but as Maverick said it will only work once the season kicks off. For the moment I am just looking for a way of how i can use this : ttps://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/SideGameData/leagueid/gw put it into excel and get it to update automatically for every Gw. Can you please suggest a way of doing that?

taivt
FISOhead
FS Record: 2 times Fiso H2H Premier League Winner in 2020-2021 and 2021-2022

Post by taivt »

A FPL group admin asked me to help him manage some mini-league scores of participants. The group do not use league from FPL official site due to diffrent format: group-stage phase and knockout phase.

I can parse json to get data but do not have enough time to do the others works. I think of some ideas:

1. Is there any website have FPL (or similar) mini-league management: ranking,fixtures,result. Is the website support API to update data (from json parser which I developed myself)?

2. Is there any Google Spredsheat template and API to update data to? (user is read only)

If you have more ideas in this kind of management,plese help me.

Thanks.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

you can create FPL H2H leagues anyway to handle group stage and let FPL to set the fixtures.
You can always stop using it after your group phase ends (Single or Double Round Robin, 1 or 2 matches against each other team)

I have an excel spreadsheet ready with formulas, to produce GW results, next GW fixtures, H2H table ranking, fixtures grid in ranking order
it only needs to be customised at season start by copying in it the players/team names & IDs, and the league fixtures
all it's then needed to maintain it, is to import the data using Mav's GRID tool, and update the GW number in a cell :D
(as in the GRID tool you enter all Team IDs as csv list, you don't actually need the FPL league anymore, after you got the fixtures from it)

check the FISO H2H league I played last season for an output sample viewtopic.php?p=3055245#p3055245
and the Spring League tables with 4 leagues in the same SideGame (Taca's the admin),
I parked'em in my RMT viewtopic.php?p=3047874#p3047874

also check an older, less advanced version of the file, viewtopic.php?p=3008197#p3008197
I had offered the fiso rookie samyadav to help him admin his FISO Huddle H2H league (which then he didn't :roll: )

not sure the Google Sheet format supports all the functions/features I used (or added later),
I could always share a .zip with the original .xls in it, as I did there

I know that coders might find smarter and compacter ways to do it,
alas I know nothing of json, that's why Taca and I used Mav's tool to extract the data, and manually copy a table into excel
as for spreadsheets automatically updating with live data from FPL, I saw Mystery doing excellent work with his Decathlon sidegame (sadly discontinued now), I saw he used json referencing formulas to fetch the data in the cells

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

Chaps,
Trying to link my FPL ID on registrations and it won't let me click on either of the two options...anything I'm doing wrong?!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

PSA wrote:Chaps,
Trying to link my FPL ID on registrations and it won't let me click on either of the two options...anything I'm doing wrong?!
erm... do you mean there?
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=124689
Tacalabala wrote:Registration couldn’t be simpler, just enter your details in the new FISO Sidegames Entry Portal and you’re signed up - CLICK HERE - or simply post/message to me your team name and URL (from the 'Gameweek History' page on FPL)
not sure when the Google account check kicks in, as I already had one, but I figure when you're inside the Form you already passed it.
Other than that, I think to remember that depending on the browser and the device, the outline of the checkbox was not evident, and I had to click "where I supposed it should have been"... :?
I can't replicate that issue tho, the checkboxes are clearly visible on the left side...
Immagine.gif
otoh I realise now they do toggle even if you click on their text, you don't need to hit the checkbox... :?

so, you entered all previous fields, click on the sidegames checkbox and/or text, and nothing happens?
sorry, have no idea, I only began testing Google Forms after Taca brought the issue forth viewtopic.php?f=82&t=124511
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

MoSe wrote:as for spreadsheets automatically updating with live data from FPL, I saw Mystery doing excellent work with his Decathlon sidegame (sadly discontinued now), I saw he used json referencing formulas to fetch the data in the cells
Happy to assist in anyway. Downloading GW scores for any number of teams is ok actually. I think IMPORTXML into Google Sheets should do the trick but PM me any specific requirements. Any particularly huge or specific jobs might have me ask you to donate to a local charity of my choosing.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

For anyone interested in viewing the FPL Draft leagues, I've created another appendage on my site:

https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/DraftLeague/1136

1136 is the draft league id, it's quite hard to find that id at the moment I think but I see it on the edit league url that I get as a league admin. As a league member, I don't know if you can see that id anywhere on the site in an easily accessible way?

rohitpotter
Kevin and Perry

Post by rohitpotter »

Mav3rick wrote:For anyone interested in viewing the FPL Draft leagues, I've created another appendage on my site:

1136 is the draft league id, it's quite hard to find that id at the moment I think but I see it on the edit league url that I get as a league admin. As a league member, I don't know if you can see that id anywhere on the site in an easily accessible way?
Hey Mav,

Any update on the grid yet?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Coming today :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

rohitpotter wrote: Hey Mav,

Should be working now.

E.g. https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/GRID/1200

rohitpotter
Kevin and Perry

Post by rohitpotter »

Mav3rick wrote:

Should be working now.

It is .. Thanks a ton :)

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Does anybody have an updated player list for this season that they could send me please? Having trouble getting it on my phone on hols!

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

thebillfella wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 15:22 Does anybody have an updated player list for this season that they could send me please? Having trouble getting it on my phone on hols!

Unfortunately I created an *.xls for you this morning but was unable to attach it. Kinda strange, but it said "invalid file extension".
Tried a *.txt file with the same data & failed to attach again. "invalid file extension". So how do you add files?

You might see if this link works.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

we did attach excel files before, even in this same topic, but you have to zip them first and attach them as .zip
another solution is what you did, upload it in your Google Drive and link it from there :)

kidzio
Wideboy

Post by kidzio »

Mav3rick wrote:

Should be working now.

Thank you very much for the efforts again! Just want to check if there will be upgrades/additions to the GRID like what some of the guys suggested earlier (eg chips, season history etc)?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I'll make changes to the grid if it's needed by the side game admins but I don't really want to add new features as they have a maintenance cost (in time) going forward.

kidzio
Wideboy

Post by kidzio »

Mav3rick wrote:I'll make changes to the grid if it's needed by the side game admins but I don't really want to add new features as they have a maintenance cost (in time) going forward.
Ok, understood :)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Mav3rick wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 12:55

Should be working now.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Mav3rick wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 00:57 For anyone interested in viewing the FPL Draft leagues, I've created another appendage on my site:

I can't get this to work, am I doing something wrong?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

That particular draft league (1136) has been deleted, you can try this one:

https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/DraftLeague/41257

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Mav3rick wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 06:52 That particular draft league (1136) has been deleted, you can try this one:i

https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/DraftLeague/41257
Oh right so does it only work once the draft has taken place?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

It does yeah, it was just a summary of the result of the draft really.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”