To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FANTASY SPEEDWAY

A forum for fans of Fantasy Motor Cycling games (including Fantasy Superbikes and Fantasy Speedway)
bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

FANTASY SPEEDWAY

Post by bluelionman »

Is anyone else doing this competition - run by 'Speedway Star' magazine?

I have entered 1 team again this year despite doing it for the first time ever last season and coming dead last! :oops:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I used to read the Star, in the early 70s............... Can't believe that it is still going.

Is it an online thang? I am getting back into it thanks to Sky.......

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Would be interested if it's online. Doubt I would be able to find a copy of the Speedway Star in Jersey even if I tried

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mystery wrote:Would be interested if it's online. Doubt I would be able to find a copy of the Speedway Star in Jersey even if I tried
Speedway tracks only, I imagine.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

FANTASY SPEEDWAY...

Post by bluelionman »

Sorry guys - had a major PC problem and was off line for a while so not been on FISO for ages.

To answer the above - no the game is not strictly run on-line - you have to send in a form (or photo copy of the form) to 'Speedway Star' and the entry form is found in the magazine 'Speedway Star'.

You get sent back by post your team, a score card thingy and transfer forms.

However scoring is done both in the magazine and on line.

Bad news is the season has started and they don't allow late entries, however check out their web pages/site and get ready for next year:-

http://www.speedwaystar.net

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

FANTASY SPEEDWAY...

Post by bluelionman »

Not that anyone is interested but as you said above "blahblah" - thanx to Sky my interest in Speedway is rising all the time too.

I found this site where they have a forum and you can meet other fans so if you like the sport or like me just getting into it - check it out.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards60.com/index.cgi

Oh and as for the fantasy game - I'm currently 2nd to last in my private league (16th out of 17 teams) and I also took an extra private bet with a friend whom I'm gonna loose to! :oops:

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

I've only just come across this thread despite using the Forum for some time.

Teams can be entered ONLINE for the 2007 competition via www.speedwaystar.net and entries continue to be accepted throughout the season despite scoring having started about a month ago. This obviously greatly detracts from any new entries chances of winning the main prize but there are still monthly prizes to go for. Transfers can also be performed online.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Motor Cycling”