To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

In Memoriam to TFFO

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Re: In Memoriam to TFFO

Post by AkNotSpur »

from the TFFO archives...

2003/04 winner Paul Brogan (Obi 1 Kenobi 2)
2004/05 winner Mr Howard (FC Badger)

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Re: In Memoriam to TFFO - Forum Offline 30 mins at 12:30pm

Post by Oddsman »

Cheers AK. First rule of being successful at TFFO - name your team after an animal :lol:

Code: Select all

TFFO HALL OF FAME
00/01 Chris King (admin)
01/02 
02/03
03/04 Paul Brogan (Brogie) - Obi 1 Kenobi 2
04/05 Mr Howard - FC Badger
05/06 Neil Carrington (FrankieFrog) - Tedbear
06/07 Zoran (SoccerCaffe) - Sara 6
07/08 Jeff Cole (Oddsman) - Elephant
08/09 Jeff Cole (Oddsman) - Fish
09/10 Graham Batchelor (coldpigeon) - Cold Pigeon
Can anyone else fill in the gaps. How about a start year?

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

From http://www.fiso.co.uk/pipsuite/viewtopi ... =18&t=3573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2002/03

Pos. Team Name Manager Name Points
1 Royston Vasey FC Mr Page 2663
2 Ralphies Wonders II Mr Ralph 2604
3 Buryboy 1 Mr Jeffries 2599
4 Three In A Row Mr Perez 2578
5 mick's lads Miss Brown 2565
6 Posh Beckas select VI Mr Abbott 2537
7 Break a leg Rio (or two) Mr Collins 2534
8 Obi 1 Kenobi Nil Mr McConville 2533
9 Mid Table Obscurity Mr Gallon 2526
10 Ronsters Monsters Mr Edwards 2521
11 ROWENA ROVERS Mr Elliott 2516
12 Screaming At A Wall Mrs Shipley 2513
13 KEWELL & THE GANG Mr Kane 2509
14 FANTASY@FISO.CO.UK Mr KING 2507
15 Marco's Heroes Mr Renzi 2506
15 Leed Reign Mr Tan 2506
17 Charlatans Mr Paquette 2505
18 ALL- KARL SKANKS Mr Schuetza 2502
19 Norfolk 'n' Chance Mr Mitchem 2501
20 Blah Blah Blah XI Mr Mistry 2499

'TFFO Premiership 2002/03

Here are our season winners...

Winner (£10,000)
Steve Page, Scarborough, Yorkshire(2,663 points)

Second Place (£6,000)
Chris Ralph, Watford, Hertfordshire (2,604 pts)

Third Place (£2,000)
Graham Jeffries, Bury, Lancashire (2,599 pts)

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

Cheers for that Chris and thanks for archives link - although can't quite work out 01/02 winner :?
Was 00/01 the first season? I see it was free to enter then with a first place prize of £5k and 67,000 teams involved :shock:

Code: Select all

TFFO HALL OF FAME
00/01 Chris King (admin)
01/02 
02/03 Steve Page - Royston Vasey FC 
03/04 Paul Brogan (Brogie) - Obi 1 Kenobi 2
04/05 Mr Howard - FC Badger
05/06 Neil Carrington (FrankieFrog) - Tedbear
06/07 Zoran (SoccerCaffe) - Sara 6
07/08 Jeff Cole (Oddsman) - Elephant
08/09 Jeff Cole (Oddsman) - Fish
09/10 Graham Batchelor (coldpigeon) - Cold Pigeon

lfc_steve
Wideboy
FS Record: Still dreaming of making it in the cruel world of Fantasy Footie

Post by lfc_steve »

NNNNOOOOOOOO!! Say it isn't true :( :(

I've played this game for years without getting remotely close to any form of success, but it has always been my favourite game. The squad game, star players and reduced transfers (compared to TFF) meant that you always had to think that little bit harder before hitting the Submit button.

RIP TFFO

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Pouzar wrote:Best game, best forum ever. Never did better than my first season when I won the first month without using a transfer and finished third overall when the third prize was bigger. Had a few good years after that but the past 2 years I made some deadly mistakes setting up my teams, lost buckets of points and got discouraged. I will miss it. Hope to see some of those great people here, like AK, Unc, Malrom, Oddsman and so many others. Finally I can play legally again!!!
You said it all, Pouzar :! Thanks for making the game even better together wth all the other friendly folks on the forum. And let's not forget the game in the game "ISO"! I still amdire all the winners who set up a new team togehter with the rest of the gang, and how well the best managers went with managing their team so well :!:

I started the newspaper game a few years ago, having a friend in England making all the necessary changes and played the online game for years. Sadly incompetent people and bloody lawyers destroyed the game :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My best effort was ending the season 97th, haven been 13th in February 80 points behind the leader. If I would have kept that gap I would have ended 2nd :!: Not the best of player I was, but enjoyed every minute of the game!

Shame on you, Telegraph :!:

RIP TFFO

Phil1982
Kevin and Perry

Post by Phil1982 »

I know I have never posted on this section before so here goes...

Since starting my fantasy football apprenticeship in the year 2000, it has been a rollercoaster journey which has certainly been financially successful, but there have also been moments to reflect on what could have been!

The two stand out years for me are the 2004/5 and 2007/8 seasons. The 2004/5 season was one of complete consistency from the season opener in August to AJ’s penalty, which ultimately cemented my victory on the last day of the season. The 2007/8 season was certainly the most bizarre seasons I have ever experienced. From only just scrapping into the top 100 at the turn of the year my team went on the most amazing and outrageous runs of form which took me all the way to the summit, only for my team to implode in the last month. It was also noted that an unofficial Telegraph game called ‘Who’s In My Team’ was running that year (see Mr Howards Winning Formula Forum). Despite everyone’s hard work and effort no one sucessfully managed to get the full 18 players! LOL

To summarise, TFFO was unique and in my opinion was probably the most complete mainstream fantasy football game. Although a championship winning manager required ‘cat like reactions’ to keep up with real life team news and involved spending a lot of time at a PC, the format resulted in fewer 20+ team managers (as seen in the Sun, Mirror and Telegraph games) and gave the game an element of familiarity as the same managers would come back year after year.

RIP TFFO

Phil Howard

Manager: FC Badger (1st 2004/2005)
Manager: Winning Formula (4th 2007/2008)
Manager: Team Meerkat (11th 2009/2010)

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore

Post by AkNotSpur »

Ah...at long, long, last The Badger emerges from his lair.

I remember your winning season well, Sir - having been leading myself over the Xmas/New Year period (with lots of transfers in hand) before imploding in the later part of the season and finishing in 7th. Gera was your big point of difference, I seem to recall. It all went wrong for me when Malbranque got injured and I tried something far too clear, by half, to replace him; I also failed to bring in Rooney and made a poor cross-batted swing by transferring out AJ and it all went totally pear-shaped when I ended up with just one Everton defender playing in the 0-8 defeat at Highbury.

...but the swings and roundabouts of TFFO fortune where what made the game so special; to echo the comments of others, no other FF game comes close to it for thrills and spills.

NFG
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NFG »

This may seem like a bit of a strange post but please bear with me.

Like many others, TFFO has been far and above the best game on the net, and the only one to sustain my interest over the years.

My best year was 2006/7, when I shared an epic battle with PG over the season, with us both swapping the lead several times, reigning in the now infamous Miss Bruce along the way. In the end, we were both pipped by Zoran, who came with a tremendous late run to sweep past us both and claim the big prize. I never quite managed to reach those heights again and now it looks as though I never will.

We played a very open game that season, and the banter and general interest shown from the Forum is what made visiting FISO worthwhile, and is why many of us regard the TFFO Forum as the friendliest around.

Fantasy Football is one of those hobbies that keep us all going when life is settled. A trivial passtime for some of us, a mild obsession for others, and occasionally a bit too much of an obsession at times.

Unfortunately last year, life got in the way of my mild obsession. After celebrating 20 wonderful years with my wife, she was diagnosed with cancer in September, and after a short struggle passed away on Boxing Day. I lost my wife, my lover, my soulmate and my best friend, and life will never be the same again.

Strangely, amid all the grief and chaos, I continued to play TFFO, not because it mattered anymore, but to try and give me something to focus on during the dark periods. In a very small way it did help.

Over the past six or seven months I've had time to re-evaluate my life and to try and decide what to do with the rest of it. Whatever I end up doing, I'm going to make every day count. This year continues to kick me down, as I've just lost my Dad to cancer as well, and my Mother in Law is terminally ill with the same disease.

After all this, Fantasy sport really does seem like an irrelivance, so with the demise of TFFO it seems like a suitable time to call it a day and move on to pastures new. Once I've got my head back together I think I may travel the World and see what it has to offer.

So thanks to everyone on FISO who has made TFFO such an enjoyable passtime over the years, and good luck with whatever games you enter this season. I'll probably still visit FISO from time to time, but I doubt I'll bother playing anything, certainly not this season. Who knows, maybe next year?

So good luck, and more importantly, good health to you all.

Dave

Oddsman
FISOhead

Post by Oddsman »

A difficult post to follow NFG.

Your post certainly puts fantasy football in perspective - although as you say it can act as a helpful distraction at times.

On behalf of myself and the forum I would just like to offer our sincere condolences for your losses.

Hope to see you back posting after your gap year.

Take care Dave.

Regards Jeff.

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I seven-balled the Ingram boy

Post by The Elkmaster »

Respect, Dave, hand on heart, my thoughts are with you and reality

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Dave, I would like to offer my condolences for your loss!

We two spend a lot of time on the TFFOSM forum togehter a few years ago, discussed teams and players and had that wonderful ISO game together, as far as I can remember. Always was a great time here, but not always in your and me life, and others life too, of course.

My thought remain with you!
Erich

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore

Post by AkNotSpur »

I'm desperately sorry to hear that news, Dave and as someone who has enjoyed competing and debating with you over the TFFO years I'd like to extend my personal condolences for your losses.

All the very best,

Pete

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

I echo the comments that others have said Dave & offer my condolences - A very difficult year for you - Keep your head up & like you say, take everyday as it comes & enjoy your travelling!

All the best.

Tim.

NFG
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NFG »

Many thanks for the condolences guys.

In hindsight I didn't really mean to hijack the TFFO thread. It was a bit of a conversation stopper. I'm surrounded by friends and family and together we'll all get through what has been a horrible time.

I'll certainly be visiting FISO, whatever the future brings to see how everyone's getting on.

Life goes on.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I never even payed TFFO but all the best for the future Dave.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Same as CY, I have never played this game, and know nothing about it. Seems I missed out.

Dave, I don't think our paths have ever crossed but I was sorry to read what a terrible time you have had of things lately. My condolences and best wishes for better times ahead.

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

A real shock to hear your news Dave. My family and their health means everything to me and I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to lose your wife in such a relatively short space of time.

My thoughts are with you.
Tim

unc.si
Grumpy Old Man

Post by unc.si »

Only just seen this as I've been away for a few days, but so sorry to hear of your loss Dave. From a TFFO point of view ISO would never have got off the ground without you. I've enjoyed the banter over the years and hope you can find some peace after your loss.

All the best in whatever you do.

Si

bal
Treebeard

Post by bal »

Wishing you sincere comiserations NFG. News like yours certainly makes me realise what's truly valuable in life.

I occasionally feel sorry for myself as I'm currently working three jobs to make ends meet, and have no hope of being around for FL kick off times. But at least I've got three jobs, am healthy (if tired) and have a loving family.

FL-wise, don't know if I'll time to do much this year as I've only two free evenings a week. I'm looking for something low budget in Oz, but may have a go at a low maintenance UK game.

bal

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Seven years now since the best game ever has gone forever...

Still have fond memories! The newspaper game and then the online game!

A year later (Nov 2011) I sent NFG two PM's which he never read so far. Anybody heard of him?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Malrom wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 20:42 Seven years now since the best game ever has gone forever...

A year later (Nov 2011) I sent NFG two PM's which he never read so far. Anybody heard of him?
New Forest Green as memory serves, not logged in since October 2011, email attached to the account may or may not still be active.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Vid wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 21:02
Malrom wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 20:42 Seven years now since the best game ever has gone forever...

New Forest Green as memory serves, not logged in since October 2011, email attached to the account may or may not still be active.
Thank you, Vid!
I think he said goodbye to FISO, but maybe another FISO-er has some news about NFG

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

7 years without TFFO. Nothing new has come close.

TFF now has 40 transfers across 11 players. TFFO had, I think, 15 transfers across 18 players in your squad. How did we do it?

PS If anyone hears from NFG just shout on here.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

murf wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 22:00 7 years without TFFO. Nothing new has come close.

TFF now has 40 transfers across 11 players. TFFO had, I think, 15 transfers across 18 players in your squad. How did we do it?

PS If anyone hears from NFG just shout on here.
Thank you murf! :-)

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

OK, I'm going with...

Allison
Ederson

Robertson
Zinchenko
Stevens

Gomez
Stones
Mina

Jota
Pepe
Sterling
Salah
Lanzini
Wilson

Kane
Rashford
Wesley
Abraham

Miss this game :oops:

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Brilliant!

You've clearly given this squad a great deal of thought - big hitters from all the top clubs, solid defence, half a million within budget for an upgrade and, unless I'm mistaken, you have a captain for every flange until almost the end of October!

Just think, some of us would be down to 14 transfers already after what happened to Alisson - I don't think there'll ever be a game as good as this.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Wonderful idea, Art :!: :!:

I miss the game as it was before!

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Thought I'd keep the forum alive 8-)

Would have been a good start but should have gone with Pukki. Maybe Wesley to Pukki after the Friday night game, and would probably downgrade Gomez/Stones to Soyuncu and upgrade Abraham....

I always did well at tffo and yet am usually a bit rubbish at tff so thought this time I'd do a squad and then make my five teams from that. I'll report back at the end whether it helped or not......

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Art Vandelay wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 08:25 I always did well at tffo and yet am usually a bit rubbish at tff so thought this time I'd do a squad and then make my five teams from that. I'll report back at the end whether it helped or not......
It didn't.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”