To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFFOSM) on FISO

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
TFFootball
Official Telegraph Fantasy Games

Re: Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFFOSM) on FISO

Post by TFFootball »

Thanks again for the replies. Unfortunately we don't decide that the site is gaming or gambling, so there is certainly nothing we can do for the forseeable future about overseas players.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

I haven't time to read this thread right now, but would just like to mention that I only entered two teams this season, against six last term.

Next season I won't enter at all - unless the team changes page goes back to being as user-friendly as it was ca. three seasons ago. A simple tick in a box for each flange and it was done - ten minutes work once a week.
Now it takes me at least half an hour per squad to set things up for the weekend.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

TFFootball wrote:Thanks again for the replies. Unfortunately we don't decide that the site is gaming or gambling, so there is certainly nothing we can do for the forseeable future about overseas players.
There is no doubt that fantasy games are currently classed as gambling in the UK - but that is not the point. The relevant legal issue is whether that prevents overseas entrants from playing UK-based fantasy games and, IMHO, the answer to that is no - it depends on the law of the country where the entrant is domiciled.

That is the position taken by both The Mirror and The Sun and, with all due respect, someone in your part of the organisation needs to point that out to the relevant Legal Department/ Consultants and ask for a revised opinion. Holding your hands up in the air and saying that nothing can be done is just avoiding the problem, I'm afraid. :roll:

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

AkNotSpur wrote:someone in your part of the organisation needs to point that out to the relevant Legal Department/ Consultants and ask for a revised opinion
Playing devil's advocate for a second, it's quite likely that this has happened. It's almost certain that it's the Telegraph legal department and/or their advisors who have said "that's our decision and we're not going to change it".

In the interests of developing the fledgling relationship between FISO and TFFootball, might I tactfully suggest that we leave this issue to one side for now.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Re: Telegraph Fantasy Football on FISO

Post by Malrom »

TFFootball wrote:Lots of comments on here today! Apologies for the inacitivity, we have been in meetings all day looking at ideas for WC and next season, lots of which have been mentioned on here. When we can share some of the discussions with you, we will do.

To answer an earlier question, you can log in and transfer from abroad (or at least, we don't have anything in place to block this) but cannot register or pay for a team abroad.

Also, as has been pointed out, it is impossible to say that there will be no technical issues ever with the site, but we will be doing whatever we can to ensure that there are no problems. There is little point us delivering a great game (in our humble opinion :) ) and it not being playable or accesible. I can promise you it's not fun for us when the site experiences problems and we read negative comments on here as a result.
Welcome to FISO! As a foreigner who already played the paper game in 19.. I am still angry about not letting me play.
The question remains if your lawyers are much cleverer than the other lawyers of fantasy games or simply or are they just not good enough to understand the law? I'm sure I'm not the only idiot who still pays for the game and can't put his name to it.

Another thing which drove me crazy is the superleague thing. 3 of us wanted to change the superleague and weren't allowed to, still we were deleted from the old one. How amateurish can it get :?: :?: :?: :?:

Unfortunately this is still the best game.

Mod edit: moved from similarly named TFF thread.

TFFootball
Official Telegraph Fantasy Games

Post by TFFootball »

I'm really sorry, and I don't want this to look like I'm avoiding the problem, but there is nothing we can do at the moment, and I'm not in a position to comment on other games or the advice they have received. I can assure you that it certainly doesn't help us being UK only, but that is the current situation. Hopefully you will understand that I can't comment on this further.

Malrom - what was the issue you had with the super league? Did you want to change it's name?

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

TFFootball wrote:Thanks for all the responses. It seem's like small tweaks are the order of the day. I don't think we would ever get agreement on rule changes, like the number of transfers, but I'm guessing that anything that could be done to improve the efficiency of selecting and managing teams would be met with general approval?
Good to hear from the Telegraph on the forum - I would agree with your comments in the quote above, particularly about not increasing transfers. Anything that can be done to help players who do not have computer access at kick off times would be good, although I'm assuming that the rise in smartphones will make life easier - in fact I've just persuaded my wife to upgrade to a new Android phone with this in mind. :wink:

Looking forward to an early launch of TFFO next season!

Evvy18
Treebeard

Post by Evvy18 »

Hi TFFootball and as stated by many others thanks for posting and seeking advice.

Having played this game for 5 years now it is bar far in my opinion the best out there, requiring both skill, knowledge and dedication.

The interface has been a key issue this season especially relating to the various sponsors 'pop ups' and other on screen marketing which meant that team set up time initially was taking hours and not minutes. This applied in my case regardless of browser selection. The update made at the gameweek 38 significantly improved page loading speed and thus meant less than 5 minutes to set/change a weekends worth of teams rather than the previous 30 minutes.

With an early launch (why not offer it in as an option when buying world cup squads instead of just TFF) and an increase in weekly/monthly/divisional prizes would see an increase in numbers.

Do I want to get free TFF teams with my world cup team, not necessarily, but I'ld certainly would if TFFOSM offers applied!

Keep up the good work

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Bramernic wrote:
AkNotSpur wrote:someone in your part of the organisation needs to point that out to the relevant Legal Department/ Consultants and ask for a revised opinion
Playing devil's advocate for a second, it's quite likely that this has happened. It's almost certain that it's the Telegraph legal department and/or their advisors who have said "that's our decision and we're not going to change it".

In the interests of developing the fledgling relationship between FISO and TFFootball, might I tactfully suggest that we leave this issue to one side for now.
No, it's too important to us foreigners! Sorry, Bramernic :!:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

TFFootball wrote:I'm really sorry, and I don't want this to look like I'm avoiding the problem, but there is nothing we can do at the moment, and I'm not in a position to comment on other games or the advice they have received. I can assure you that it certainly doesn't help us being UK only, but that is the current situation. Hopefully you will understand that I can't comment on this further.

Malrom - what was the issue you had with the super league? Did you want to change it's name?
Thanks for coming back to this :!:

No, the problem was that we had a super leauge, but only 3 people in it. So we deceided to join another one and asked the exsisting one to be deleted, which happened, but we weren't allowed to join another at this moment.
That left us with an email exchange over the whole season, which was very annoying :!:

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Malrom wrote:
Bramernic wrote:

Just in case there's any confusion, this next comment from TFFootball is related to the overseas problem. It is as much as we are going to get on the matter on here.
TFFootball wrote:I'm really sorry, and I don't want this to look like I'm avoiding the problem, but there is nothing we can do at the moment, and I'm not in a position to comment on other games or the advice they have received. I can assure you that it certainly doesn't help us being UK only, but that is the current situation. Hopefully you will understand that I can't comment on this further.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Bramernic wrote:
Malrom wrote:
Bramernic wrote:

Just in case there's any confusion, this next comment from TFFootball is related to the overseas problem. It is as much as we are going to get on the matter on here.

It's the first time since I'm on FISO that I feel kind of censorship here. I do want to speak out about this, otherwise someone will tell me I didn't mention it before or was not serious enough about it. Since a few years I'm paying a lot of money to the telegraph, that alone gives me the right to complain if I feel betrayed!
I don't care about the website and the interface, I always found the handling ok after one weekend and I liked all the interface before too. My problem is......... and you know it :!:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Malrom,

TFFootball has said he can't comment further. I understand your problem and the views of various people that their stance is illogica but I can't see the point of dragging it on here in this thread. Maybe a new thread or a PM / contact us to the Telegraph?

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

Hi TFFootball - lots of comments on the TFF website about the imminent launch of that game - any news about our beloved TFFO ?

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

News from TFF-land: no MOM and back to KCs, wahey!! Assuming (as will surely be the case) TFFO will just copy TFF's scoring again, that's great news. :D

I'm guessing TFF will launch by next week, hopefully TFFO will not be far behind, or even at the same time! Hope it's not too long: I set up my flange checker earlier this week after TV fixtures were announced, now I'm itching to get a look at the player lists! :D

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

reds363 wrote:News from TFF-land: no MOM and back to KCs, wahey!! Assuming (as will surely be the case) TFFO will just copy TFF's scoring again, that's great news. :D

I'm guessing TFF will launch by next week, hopefully TFFO will not be far behind, or even at the same time! Hope it's not too long: I set up my flange checker earlier this week after TV fixtures were announced, now I'm itching to get a look at the player lists! :D
What is your flange checker?

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

I played TFFO for the 1st time last season as part of a deal, i normally just play the TFF version. After a couple of months i got sick & tired of the team changes fiasco, why can't it just be done virtually on one page like the OFL game.
I only had one team so certainly feel sorry for those which had more, this has certainly put me off playing the game again.

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

Deppy wrote:I played TFFO for the 1st time last season as part of a deal, i normally just play the TFF version. After a couple of months i got sick & tired of the team changes fiasco, why can't it just be done virtually on one page like the OFL game.
I only had one team so certainly feel sorry for those which had more, this has certainly put me off playing the game again.
IMO, and many on this forum, TFFO is the best fantasy footie game bar none.

Agreed, hopefully they've addressed some of the GUI issues with the new site.

Would certainly give it another season Deppy - beating friends and family is one thing - but outplaying some of the seasoned and battle weary campaigners who play this game would be a mighty rewarding challenge.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

TFFO is the best game out there.

I hated the first season that I played it and now love it that I am starting to master it.

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Ashers wrote:What is your flange checker?
:lol:

It's just a little spreadsheet I use, I've put in which teams are playing in each flange and it will help me keep track of how many players I have per flange in any given squad - with primary aim to help me minimise 'unmanned flanges' :)

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

reds363 wrote:

It's just a little spreadsheet I use, I've put in which teams are playing in each flange and it will help me keep track of how many players I have per flange in any given squad - with primary aim to help me minimise 'unmanned flanges' :)
Any chance of borrowing it?

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Ashers wrote:
reds363 wrote:

Any chance of borrowing it?
If you send me a PM with your email address I can email you it, cos I don't think you can send file attachments over FISO.

Oddsman
FISOhead

Post by Oddsman »

TFFootball, any news about the imminent launch of TFFO you would like to relay to us?

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Oddsman wrote:TFFootball, any news about the imminent launch of TFFO you would like to relay to us?

I see TFF 10/11 has launched today with player prices etc & the post of the TFF forum with the price savings - So TFFootball, as Oddsman commented, can we expect to see our beloved TFFO game returning soon also?

I also have seen that the top prize this season in TFF is now £50K - Please don't tell me this is due to there being no TFFO to have to distribute prize money to?

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

looneytoon77 wrote:I also have seen that the top prize this season in TFF is now £50K - Please don't tell me this is due to there being no TFFO to have to distribute prize money to?
I'm sure it was 50k last year? If so, don't think we can read anything into that.

Gonna PM Mr TFF to try and nudge him over here. :)

Oddsman
FISOhead

Post by Oddsman »

Oddsman on TFF forum wrote:TFFootball, can we have news on the launch date of TFFO please.

A coming soon message on the OFFICE page would be most welcome.

Having told us on the TFFOSM forum a while a go that the game would be running this season a number of us are now getting a tad nervous especially as it is not mentioned in any of the package deals :?
Have just posted this on the TFF forum. Hopefully we will get some news soon.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”