To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 35

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Week 35

Post by AkNotSpur »

My seasonal debut, having started these weekly preview/review threads back in the day...

Flange 1: Saturday 3.00pm
Hull v Burnley (3.00pm)
West Ham v Stoke (3.00pm)
Surely, Bent is the only star man contender here, unless anyone is attemping the TFFO equivalent of one of those new T20 ramp shots in the hope that an avalanche of Carlton goals will take the Hammers to safety.

Flange 2: Saturday 5.00pm
Chelsea v Aston Villa FA Cup Semi # 1 (5.00pm)
Lampard or Drogba - not following this closely enough to know if both are in any of the leading teams (they are in my 56th placed outfit - a pattern not seen since the days of Henry & Pires). Those with Villa defences will hope that there is no repeat of the recent surrender at the Bridge. I'm guessing that Milner will probably play and that the Wembley dung-heap might finish him for the remainder.

Flange 3: Sunday 12.00pm
Wolves v Stoke (12.00pm)
Blackburn v Man United (1.30pm)
Liverpool v Fulham (3.00pm)
Tottenham v Portsmouth FA Cup Semi #2 (3.00pm)
Man City v Birmingham (4.00pm)

A scattered assortment of sunday games, with selections having to be made before Rooney's availability is known, although I would be amazed if his ankle is risked at Breakbone. Tevez is probably the straight bat, Starman, choice although Torres might be another good bet if the poor boy isn't too fatigued by this week's Europa League efforts. Doubt if any of the top squads have a Spurs striker and there is no guarantee that they will score too heavily on what might be a pretty dire surface (whose stupid idea was is to play both of these games at Wembley?).

Good luck to all FISO'ers still in contention for honours. :)

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Re: Week 35

Post by Oddsman »

Cheers for the early preview AK :D

I fear a Top 10 finish is the best I can hope for now :( but as double defending champion I will battle to the bitter end :lol: Failure to captain 4 goal lampard a couple of weekends ago has probably finished off any thoughts of a podium finish.

On the plus side my fantasy season is still very much a live as I am still fighting on all fronts in TFF :D (28th overall, top of 2 of the divisional leagues and still in the cup :D ). As we all know TFF is not as enjoyable as TFFO but with a few quid at stake at the business end of the season it has suddenly become a lot more interesting for me :wink:

All the best MV in your fight to fend off Mr Batchelor at the summit in what now must surely be a 2 horse race. At this stage of the season I suspect the outcome will be decided more by fitness of your squads rather than the actual personnel. Let's hope the Fiso flag is still flying high come May 15th.

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

Thanks for the write up AK :D
You got this posted so early that in the mean time Rooney has both recovered from his injury and then picked up another one LOL

As for the other choices:
Bent or nobody (or Tomkins)?
Lampard or Drogba?
Torres or Adebayor/ Tevez?

To sum that up... This is the last weekend that I’m not looking forward to LOL
Oddsman wrote:On the plus side my fantasy season is still very much a live as I am still fighting on all fronts in TFF :D (28th overall, top of 2 of the divisional leagues and still in the cup :D )
Fantastic going in TFF btw Oddsman… 28th is about 4000 places higher than I’ve ever reached LOL :P

And good luck for the weekend fellow Fisoer's

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

MindVampire wrote:Fantastic going in TFF btw Oddsman… 28th is about 4000 places higher than I’ve ever reached LOL :P
Seconded 8-) . By some strange turn of events, I'm currently in 183rd in TFF (strange, because I only enter one TFF team to get a feel for the TFFO prices and don't give this game more than 2 seconds thought per week) with 3 transfers left. Would be nice to finish in the Top 100 for the first time (188th is my only ever worthwhile season in that one).

However, my main FF focus this season is YTM where I am in 16th place (remaining transfers is a state secret) and still have an outside chance of a Top 5 finish. Wish me luck!!

All the same, nothing in the FF world quite beats the flange-by-flange thrills of life in the TFFO Top 10!

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

AkNotSpur wrote:By some strange turn of events, I'm currently in 183rd in TFF (strange, because I only enter one TFF team to get a feel for the TFFO prices and don't give this game more than 2 seconds thought per week) with 3 transfers left.
183rd is really impressive considering the game numbers in TFF... and with 1 team :wink:
I also mainly play TFF to help out playing TFFO... I especially find it useful because TFF helps to absorb some of my compulsive need to transfer LOL
AkNotSpur wrote:However, my main FF focus this season is YTM where I am in 16th place (remaining transfers is a state secret) and still have an outside chance of a Top 5 finish. Wish me luck!!
Wow... 16th... I wish you all the luck AK :D

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

AkNotSpur wrote:
MindVampire wrote:Fantastic going in TFF btw Oddsman… 28th is about 4000 places higher than I’ve ever reached LOL :P
All the same, nothing in the FF world quite beats the flange-by-flange thrills of life in the TFFO Top 10!
Just outside the top 10 (in 14th) and the flange-by-flange thrills are a pain this weekend, when we are away and without computer access or WiFi network. Means I will have to choose captains in advance based on their likelihood of playing, rather than waiting to see teamsheets and going for more interesting gaps to get into that top 10. I'd be in favour of an FPL "reserve captain" option to avoid this happening; while aware of a few gripes in FPL (where I am currently 4,600-odd out of 2,200,000 :shock: -odd) - eg ill-informed players can get bailed out thus reducing the skill factor (though not over the course of a season, surely) - I think the benefits vastly outweigh the drawbacks and would increase the popularity of TFFO. Not as much as advertising the competition well in advance, or making the team set up easier, of course :roll: .

Congratulations also to Oddsman, and AkNotSpur on the great scoring.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Meant to say "more interesting/adventurous picks..." not gaps! Past my bedtime...

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

A very interesting weekend ahead, best of luck to all! The leaderboard could look quite different on Monday morning, but I for one will be happy for it to stay just as it is now! :wink:

Cheers AK for the preview and good luck for YTM! I'm playing my second season of that game but still haven't really got the hang of it, my best team just sneaked inside the top 1000 last weekend but light years away from your excellent top 20! And all the best for TFF to you and Oddsman too, I hope you keep up interest in that distraction as long as possible Odds! :wink:

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Between 32 and 41 for my three today. :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Fairly Chelsea heavy so 40 main team and 47 ISO (why did I captain Bent over Alexander? :lol: )

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Between most of my teams... I benched the wrong players, chose the wrong star men, picked up some large minus scores and incurred some new injuries… With the exception of my correct prediction that the weekend would go badly… this has been dismal fantasy day for me LOL

Mindvampire6 scored 23 pts and my super league average was about 22 pts

On the positive side... I'm chuffed to bits for Pompey :D
Roll on the midweek games…

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Unlucky MV, I guess you must have starred Torres over Tevez. I was surprised to see Torres missing, I thought he'd come through the Europa game unscathed. With it being a blind megaflange there were always going to be a few casualties from that, hopefully for you Pigeon will have done the same. :?

Between 31 and 48 today for me, top score being ISO which I hope will give me back the lead in that comp! :)

Also hoping the 31 from Generals will be enough to keep me steady in 3rd. FrankieFrog closed on me with a great score yesterday and I could do without him getting any closer just yet :wink:

melvin
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of Ladbrokes competition 08, TFFO cup winner 2007-08

Post by melvin »

33 for me today, left Hangeland benched as felt certain Liverpool would score (I usually do this at least 2 or 3 times per season).

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

reds363 wrote:I was surprised to see Torres missing, I thought he'd come through the Europa game unscathed. With it being a blind megaflange there were always going to be a few casualties from that, hopefully for you Pigeon will have done the same.
Yeh… I was none too happy when I saw the team sheets yesterday LOL
Still, I didn't drop anywhere near as many points as I thought I would yesterday (the gap is down to 10 pts)... so I’ve got to look on the bright side and be content with that :)
reds363 wrote:Also hoping the 31 from Generals will be enough to keep me steady in 3rd. FrankieFrog closed on me with a great score yesterday and I could do without him getting any closer just yet
With only 9 pts seperating 3rd and 4th, this battle is starting to look like an equally great little battle...

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

melvin wrote:33 for me today, left Hangeland benched as felt certain Liverpool would score (I usually do this at least 2 or 3 times per season).
Maybe we should add an extra line to the FISO commandments... something about not relying upon reason and logic with regards to both Rafa and Liverpools performances under Rafa :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

melvin wrote:33 for me today, left Hangeland benched as felt certain Liverpool would score (I usually do this at least 2 or 3 times per season).
My rule is always to pick someone if they have a game. That slim chance of a 6pt CS outweighs the negatives of a thrashing IMO.

In another game (private squad game based on TFF points, weekly team, no flanges) I had a call to make for my final defender spot and dropped Hangeland (A to Liverpool) in favour of Johnson the Brum defender (A to Man City). Not happy with losing 11 points on that call :evil: Especially as I'm equal top and have never won it in 10 years of trying.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”