To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

League of Super Leagues

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: League of Super Leagues

Post by Ashers »

Over 6 weeks since we won this prize and no sign of Papa Giddy.

Is anyone in contact with him?

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Ashers wrote:Over 6 weeks since we won this prize and no sign of Papa Giddy.

Is anyone in contact with him?
As you'll know from the other threads the Telegraph have only just got round to sending out the money, and I'm not even sure whether TFFO was being handled at the same time as TFF. I too have no doubt that PG will surface to distribute the money once he has it as cleared funds in his account.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I have check with the Telegraph and all TFFO prizes have now been sent.

So where is Papa Giddy with our prize money?

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

I got my 3rd place prize a couple of weeks ago, and MV got his 2nd place cheque at a similar time, so yeah I'd expect the superleague cheque would have arrived at Papa Giddy's address by now too.

But as said above, PG's not been on FISO for ages so we don't know what his current situation is. (I sent him a PM about a month ago which is still in my outbox, unread.) Hopefully all is well with him, but it could be that he's currently on holiday, or has moved house and/or maybe has no internet access, or a multitude of other explanations. I'm sure he's not the kind of person that would deliberately run off with our money, as many other members of this forum would confirm too. All the same, we are aware of admin's warning about minileague winnings, and I don't know what we can do but wait and hope he returns to FISO soon (maybe he will come back ahead of the new season if he's decided to play again this year). Unless, that is, anybody on the forum happens to have an email address or other contact info for Papa G.

If you are reading this and do happen to have contact details for PG, I wonder if you would mind sending him a gentle message checking how he is, and alerting him to the fact he should have received our superleague prize from 09/10? Long shot - but if anyone can help, myself and Ashers would appreciate it, as I'm sure would Chocs and Mike, thanks.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

This is now getting stupid. No sign of Papa at all.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Might be a stupid question but have any of you tried the email address in his profile?
member10835.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll alert admin to this thread, he may have other contact details for him.

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Yes I have, I sent a message just over a week ago, but no reply. :(

(Stupidly I didn't realise it was there in his profile :oops: , only did it after someone gave me the address following my appeal on the previous page.)

Apparently that email address could be a couple of years old though, according to the person who gave it to me.

I've just PM'd someone who was in PG's FPL 5-a-side team hoping he may be able to help, another long shot but might work since they were a team of mutual Villa fans I believe. :? If that fails, can we put out a global FISO appeal for Papa? :(
Last edited by reds363 on 18 Jul 2010, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

Perhaps try messaging him via facebook? http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... ref=search

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

It's the same one as it's the same email.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

I have also emailed him back in June and also PM him which has not been read.

He has not logged into Fiso since March.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

SOBD wrote:Perhaps try messaging him via facebook? http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... ref=search
I am not on facebook, could someone had him as a friend and see if he accepts.

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Thanks SOBD and Bloggie, yeah I did just want to check it was the right Paul Gordon, but then I saw FISO and "TFF Official" amongst his 'pages' so had no doubt! I've re-sent the message I emailed him a week ago, now via facebook. Fingers crossed.

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I seven-balled the Ingram boy

Post by The Elkmaster »

Don't know if The Telegraph would reveal such information, but if I was expecting a payout, I'd contact The Telegraph and ask if the cheque had been cashed. It's quite possible that PG has moved address and never received it.

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Good news guys, Papa G replied to my message on facebook! :D

He is ok and he has received the cheque, he apologised for not contacting us already but he has been away and got other stuff going on. He said he will come on FISO in the next few days to say hello and sort the money out, so we can look forward to hearing from him soon! :)

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

reds363 wrote:Good news guys, Papa G replied to my message on facebook! :D

He is ok and he has received the cheque, he apologised for not contacting us already but he has been away and got other stuff going on. He said he will come on FISO in the next few days to say hello and sort the money out, so we can look forward to hearing from him soon! :)
Glad to hear he's okay :D

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Still no sign of Papa Giddy on Fiso.

Has he contacted any one yet?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I used to have fairly regular pm contact with PG a while back but not any more. Last time was back in November 2009. I know he was having some pretty major problems outside of FISO. Fingers crossed that he turns up as he came across as a very decent sort of bloke.

Edit: Just re-read the above and noticed that he is still about. :)

Papa Giddy
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd TFFO 07-08; 5th TFFO 06-07, Top scoring Eggcupper 07-08

Post by Papa Giddy »

Hello all.

Apologies for my late response on the winners of the superleague. Congratulations to those that won! :)

I have the cheque from the Telegraph here that I still haven't got round to cashing, but I promise that I will do so on Monday. As for getting you the money, I would prefer to transfer the money online as I don't really like sending out cheques. If this is a problem then could I transfer all the money to a trusted FISOite and they distribute the winnings?

If you are OK for me to do an online transfer then if the winners can let me know their bank details I'll transfer the money as soon as it has landed in my account.

I'm actually going into hospital on Wednesday for an operation, but I'll ask the missus to sort it out in my absence so you all get your money as soon as possible.

Once again sorry for causing any concerns (especially the winners of the money :wink: ) and I'll get it sorted out this week for you all.

All the best
Paul

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

Papa Giddy wrote:Hello all.

Apologies for my late response on the winners of the superleague. Congratulations to those that won! :)

I have the cheque from the Telegraph here that I still haven't got round to cashing, but I promise that I will do so on Monday. As for getting you the money, I would prefer to transfer the money online as I don't really like sending out cheques. If this is a problem then could I transfer all the money to a trusted FISOite and they distribute the winnings?

If you are OK for me to do an online transfer then if the winners can let me know their bank details I'll transfer the money as soon as it has landed in my account.

I'm actually going into hospital on Wednesday for an operation, but I'll ask the missus to sort it out in my absence so you all get your money as soon as possible.

Once again sorry for causing any concerns (especially the winners of the money :wink: ) and I'll get it sorted out this week for you all.

All the best
Paul
Paul,

Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you're going into hospital - hope it goes well.

No rush for the money (pay day today :D ) - I'll pm my bank details.

Tim

Papa Giddy
Dumbledore

Post by Papa Giddy »

Cheque is now at the bank so it should just be a few days to clear and then I'll transfer the money across. So far I have details for Reds, Chocs and Ashers, so just one outstanding.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Has that cheque cleared?

Papa Giddy
Dumbledore

Post by Papa Giddy »

Just transfering the money now to Chocs (x2), Reds and Ashers. I still am waiting on one name.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Great to see you posting again Papa Giddy - sorry to hear you are having an operation, and hope it goes well. You were one of those who taught me a lot when I first started taking Fantasy Football seriously, and it would be great to have you back some time. With TFFO now gone I've migrated (temporarily I hope) to OFL along with several others.

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Thanks a lot Papa, money gratefully received here! :D The missing person is mike_d99, I've just sent him a message to nudge him this way for you!

I hope the operation went well and you are recovering! All the best! :)

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

Thanks PG - money's hit my bank account too :D . Hope all's well following your op. It's just not the same going into a season without updating your old flange checker!

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Did anyone have contact details for PG in the end? I didn't realise I'd won anything until Reds kindly PM'd me three weeks ago. Sent PG a message but he's not logged in since.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

mike_d99 wrote:Did anyone have contact details for PG in the end? I didn't realise I'd won anything until Reds kindly PM'd me three weeks ago. Sent PG a message but he's not logged in since.
Best way is via Facebook.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”