To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 33

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Week 33

Post by reds363 »

Let's have a preview! :D

Tuesday 20:00
West Ham v Wolves

Likely an unmanned flange for most I expect, so potential for a decent move if anyone does have a player here. I still have Milijas in ISO, however he's been parked firmly on the bench the past few weeks :(

Wednesday 19:45
Aston Villa v Sunderland
Blackburn v Birmingham (20:00)
Man City v Everton
Portsmouth v Chelsea
Tottenham v Fulham [FA Cup]

A mega midweek flange could see some striker clashes between Drogba, Tevez, Bent and Carew, though Defoe's absence might ease the headache for some. In the Prem games, Drogba and Lampard will be looking to fill their boots at Pompey and I'd expect most will star one of them, although a cheeky punt on Tevez or a Villa player (Milner, Young, Carew), with ok-looking home games, could be profitable.

And a big cup game at the Lane to decide who gets through to a tasty-looking semi against Pompey, however managers may be looking to lesser lights of Crouch, Modric, Bale, Zamora or Duff for points in this particular match with Defoe out, Pav likely out too, and Lennon still nowhere to be seen.

Saturday 15:00
Birmingham v Arsenal
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Hull v Fulham
Tottenham v Portsmouth
West Ham v Stoke
Wolves v Everton

Main flange of the weekend sees tricky matches for Chelsea and Arsenal, though I expect most will still star one from Fabregas, Lampard and Drogba since the pickings elsewhere in the flange are slim. Defoe will probably still be out so anyone who went for Pav will be praying he'll be fit for the home Pompey game, which I believe the visitors' O'Hara will miss due to the loan rules. Nice fixture for Everton too, for anyone with Cahill, Arteta or Saha.

Saturday 17:30
Bolton v Man United

Early rumours are that Rooney could be rested to protect from his knee niggle ahead of the Bayern first leg. If so, those with United defenders or Valencia could make a little gain in this flange.

Sunday 12:00
Burnley v Blackburn

Possibly another unmanned flange here, so again another chance for a gain if anyone has a player from either of these Lancashire rivals. Samba springs to mind as the most likely player, particularly for the ISO teams.

Sunday 16:00
Liverpool v Sunderland

Will the Torres-wagon roll on again, and leave those not on it even further behind? Will Gerrard score more than 2 points? Will Pool keep a first clean sheet in five after their good run through January/February? Or will Sunderland and Bent cause an upset?

Monday 20:00
Man City v Wigan

Adebayor will be back from his ban for this game, looks like a very tasty flange for anyone with him or Tevez. And anyone with City defenders will be hoping they remember how to keep their sheets clean for this game!

Good luck to everyone, especially those trying to catch the pigeon! :wink:

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Re: Week 33

Post by Biscuitman »

Thanks for the preview Reds. Seems that collective apathy is setting in on this forum, with far fewer posts than normal, and many frequent posters gone awol. I'm already getting a bit concerned that the Telegraph will see this as evidence of lack of interest in TFFO when it comes to planning for next year. I'm not blaming anyone - if people don't want to post, that's up to them - but I do find the big reduction in traffic perplexing. Especially as the TFF forum seems as lively as ever. Indeed, for anyone looking for any tips, info etc, the TFFO forum is no longer the "go-to" place to look. Sad, but I'm hoping for a big revival as the season's climax approaches. I appreciate I'm not the most prolific poster myself, of course, but there are lots of people who seem to have deserted us for whatever reason. Am I being too pessimistic?

Going to be an exciting week on the TFFO front, and I'm still pondering who to replace Defoe with; given I already had full striker coverage when Spurs last placed (and will have tomorrow as well), I may even defer the decision until Saturday.

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

Great stuff Reds... I was just about to write something when I saw your comprehensive preview :D

Looking forward to an interesting week of footy... only slightly marred by an ever increasing number of injuries across my teams… All but one flange covered for most of my teams (assuming Rooney is declared fit to play on Saturday :? )

Battle at the top continues to fascinate…
Seems like Cold Pigeon made another good transfer by bringing in Bent on Saturday… Presumably for the injured Defoe (but that part is obviously just supposition). Bent’s impressive recent scoring has shaken up the top 10 of late as well… again showing the kind of swings that seem commonplace this year…

On a personal note I’m happy to see my Mindvampire2 team start to creep into possible contention… reaching its highest position of 8th place :D

Anyway… good luck :wink:

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

And Biscuitman... I know what you mean about the signs of collective apathy.
I hope it's just a sign of the cold winter and a funny season LOL

I'm sure it will pick up though... we still have a great 3 way fight for the premiership title (Come on United :D )
And an x?-way fight for the TFFO title (with quite a few FISO'ers involved)
Plus the FISO superleague is a contender for the superleague prize... (Nearly all the superleague challengers are FISO’ers competing here)

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Excellent stuff cheers Reds :)

Agree with biscuitmans comments, personally i don't nip on here as much as i did, but as i'm not in contention my interest's waned in recent months and I'm guessing others are the same. That said, with the top 10 mainly consisting of people on this forum i'm surprised as it seems so much quieter than recent years.

My best effort is ISO which is currently leading that comp and reached a season high of 22nd place overall last week, only to drop back after sunday. Got you Reds and Marke192 close behind and if Drogba can just pipe down a bit maybe i'll be in with a shout :wink:. I do regret not bringing Drog back, and now stubbornly ploughing on without him getting kicked in the nuts week after week :lol: . So far I've just been flitting between some big points bursts to get me through and sacked off using defensive subs, a timely Torres tinker in time for his Pompey points being my latest one which was nice! Been really enjoying the ISO comp and looking like a decent finale, as is the main comp and good luck to all of you up there :)

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Low 57 pts, average 63 pts and high 76 pts
Mindvampire6 scored the 57 pts

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Some good scoring there MV! Scores ranging from 41 to 68 for me. Generals scored 68. :)

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

Thanks for the preview Reds.

62 points for Iguana :D

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

67 for my main team (Drog* & FFL) :)
44 for my ISO (Drog*, Cech & not much else) :(

I might even crack the top 400 :lol:

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

Looks like there were plenty of big scores last night. Best I could manage was 58, but at least it was for my top side.

I've had my mind on other matters in the last few weeks, but now need to concentrate on getting the most out of my final trannies, which if past seasons are anything to go by is not my strong point! Just about hanging onto my top 10 status and need a plan to start moving upwards again. Also working on trying something a little more leftfield for my other sides in the top 50, but they just feel too far away to me.

Finally well done MV on retaking top spot. Looks like I'll just have to concentrate on trying to beat your 2nds for now!

Evvy18
Treebeard

Post by Evvy18 »

With team news out I bet a few last minute changes are being made especially to Captain/Starman.

Lampard vs Fabregas for me in the early - Fabregas just edging it.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Evvy18 wrote:With team news out I bet a few last minute changes are being made especially to Captain/Starman.

Lampard vs Fabregas for me in the early - Fabregas just edging it.
Yep, only just remembered to take it off Drog. Where I had both I just went for Fat Frank as he is at home. Went Fab in Frankless team.

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Low 63 pts, average 70 pts and high 79 pts
Mindvampire6 scored 75 pts

With Dunne scoring -7 and Lampard scoring 28 pts... I guess these may prove to be average scores :?:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Has to be a very tidy set of scores MV 8-)

Best I could muster was a 55 in ISO which had Lamps starred but 2 Villa defenders and not much else. If it weren't for Lampard I could've got minus points today :shock: . Would all those up there with Drog have Lamps too? I guess plenty do but surely plenty won't, and starred Fabregas or someone.

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Congrats on your ISO score NM, my lack of Lampard in ISO meant I only scored 16 today in that team. :( Marke also doesn't have Lamps so it looks like you'll be opening up a vast, and possibly (but hopefully not quite :wink: ) decisive lead there tomorrow.

Well done on your scores too MV, the Pigeon would be doing well to beat you today!

My two non-ISO teams scored 41 and 67. :?

marke192
Treebeard
FS Record: 17th TFFO 07/08,10th 08/09, TFFO ISO winner 07/08, OFL ISO winner 13/14, OFL 2nd 13/14

Post by marke192 »

3 Villa defenders in my ISO squad....... I'll get my coat! :oops:

stretchman
Treebeard
FS Record: Multiple TFFO Manager of the week and Month

Post by stretchman »

Scores ranging between 37 - 108 today with my top team being the poorest performing :x

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

reds363 wrote:Congrats on your ISO score NM, my lack of Lampard in ISO meant I only scored 16 today in that team. :( Marke also doesn't have Lamps so it looks like you'll be opening up a vast, and possibly (but hopefully not quite :wink: ) decisive lead there tomorrow.
Cheers Reds, i had a similar ISO lead in Jan which was overturned pretty sharpish so not counting any chickens just yet. Sorry to hear you had a stinker Marke, but at least Cuellar kept his bum warm so you just had the 2 Villa defenders like me, though you can get your coat if you like :wink:. I'm well aware how quickly things can change and my squad is painfully hot and cold (and Drogba-less), still a long way to go.

Art's a dark horse who's got Lamps (and no Villa defenders) so he'll be looking good in the update. All our squads are quite different now, I'm just hoping Gerrard stays quiet tomorrow and surely Tevez deserves a rest on monday :wink:

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

63 I think for my best team back in 39th. Had 5 :roll: no-shows today (including 1 Villa defender admittedly) so happy with that. As Northernmonkey says, surely not everyone will have Lampard AND Drogba, nor have captained Lampard over Fabregas if so. Torres anyone?!

melvin
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of Ladbrokes competition 08, TFFO cup winner 2007-08

Post by melvin »

Season high 47th place, with no Drogba and plenty of crocked defender. Will be a miracle if I hang on in there.

I think the TFFO thread as been a little less lively this year without the TFFO cup run by P Giddy. I thought was a fantastic side game, but a lot of work for him.

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Just going through the motions really now of picking the team each week & leaving it at that. Out of transfers & not going to challenge anything. Yesterday I ended up having 2 flanges with no starman due to being out all day. Roll on next season! Hopefully TFFO survives so I get another go!

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Low 45 pts, average 51 pts and high 63 pts
I think Mindvampire6 scored 53 pts :D :lol:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

good luck fella, personally had a nightmare with injuries! top 100 as good as i can get.

those early points really did well for you, thought the iguana was gonna come and get you at one stage but seems like iguanadone, albeit great effort for 3 in a row!

a 2-horse race you are fav for now i guess.

andy

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

MindVampire wrote:Low 45 pts
:shock: :shock:

Good going there MV, yet again!

Between 21 and 31 for my trio today. :(

stretchman
Treebeard
FS Record: Multiple TFFO Manager of the week and Month

Post by stretchman »

MindVampire wrote:Low 45 pts, average 51 pts and high 63 pts
I think Mindvampire6 scored 53 pts :D :lol:

Good scoring yet again MV, been a poor week for my team in 3rd - cant see it lasting the weekend in the same position.

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Thanks chaps :)
Of course there is a significant number of games still to be played…
And there will probably be many more twists to come... (Hopefully not that many mind you LOL)

Looking forward to tomorrows update as I’m very curious to see how many transferred in Torres for today’s game :?:

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

It seems almost certain that G Batchelor transferred in Torres yesterday... shame really LOL :P
Another good transfer if he did (or very fortunate to have Dunn and G Johnson to hide this if he didn't LOL)

It looks like only one Fiso'er in the current top 10 has transferred him in since his last large Monday night haul... Interesting stuff...

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

MindVampire wrote:It seems almost certain that G Batchelor transferred in Torres yesterday... shame really LOL :P
Also maybe his transfer last week of Bent was not just tactical but also to raise cash to buy Torres this week - seems to add up?
MindVampire wrote:Another good transfer if he did
Wouldn't be so sure: assuming he'll not have dropped either Rooney or Drogba, he'll still be lacking Tevez for tonight, and the soon-to-return Defoe, so I'd say the jury's still out :wink:

PS. I was surprised that you evidently had a full sweep of Torreses yesterday MV, but the penny dropped when I remembered your comment
MindVampire wrote:I think it's gona be pretty hard to catch Fiso in the league... it'll be fun trying though :)
Good job - I see you've obliterated FrankieFrog down to 3rd already, still quite a way to catch us though :wink:

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Below the summit, down here at base camp, things are tight enough that a couple of good days can still result in significant movement. Jammy Dodgers stood 39th at the start of the weekend, but has now moved up to a season's high 18th, somewhat to my surprise. A pity I wasn't nearer a computer for some key captaincy decisions earlier in the season, but probably everyone has that problem...Have re-set my sights on a top 12 finish, though that will be difficult even with 10 transfers left.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Just joking, it's not 10 :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”