To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 33

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Re: Week 33

Post by MindVampire »

reds363 wrote:Also maybe his transfer last week of Bent was not just tactical but also to raise cash to buy Torres this week - seems to add up?
I agree... it does seem to add up... I really hope so :wink:

Having re-examined his points and goal tally for the 20th March and a few other recent dates... there is a small chance that he doesn't have Bent (or even Carew). If this was the case he could conceivably still have Tevez... even under the assumption he probably didn't dump Rooney or Drogba… I do hope our initial deductions/ assumptions are correct though...

Also… well done for hitting your seasons high of 18th Biscuitman 8-)

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Forgot my points update:

Low 2 pts, average 17 pts and high 43 pts
Happily... Mindvampire6 scored the 43 pts :wink: :wink:

Loidis
Treebeard

Post by Loidis »

Well done, MV :!:

A success story here, just came home and realised there was a game tonight... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tevez is in almost every of my teams, but not as captain ....... :evil: :evil:

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

45 I think for Jammy Dodgers, so hoping for a further nudge up the table come the update.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Great play, MV. 8-)

My massive run, from 600-odd to 56th, over the past couple of months came to an end at the weekend when I wasn't around/awake to switch my starman from Drogba to Lampard and then I decided not to use my final transfer to bring in Torres (still concerned that he is going to break down if Rafa also plays him in the Europ Leagu games).

At least I had Tevez starred tonight and I'm still hoping for my first Top 50/100 finish for a few seasons.

Could still be a very tricky end to the season if Rooney and Fabregas aren't fit enough to play in all the remaining Premiership games.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Biscuitman wrote:Have re-set my sights on a top 12 finish,
With MV's two teams now in the top five :shock: , you could revise that target up one to 11th, as that will presently be a prize position :!: (I checked the T&Cs earlier today, only one overall prize per manager, unlucky MV :wink: )

As for tonight, scores ranging from 36 to 37 for me :D

PS. MV: you've scored excellently over the last two days only for Pigeon to keep clinging onto your heels... hopefully tonight will shake him off! :wink:

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

reds363 wrote:With MV's two teams now in the top five :shock: , you could revise that target up one to 11th, as that will presently be a prize position :!: (I checked the T&Cs earlier today, only one overall prize per manager, unlucky MV :wink: )
I fell foul of that rule last season (4 teams in top 6) and only picked up 1 prize :shock: Not that I was complaining :lol: :wink:

Captained Tevez tonight which should keep me in touch with the podium.

Well played in your continued stong play MV. If my dreams of the hattrick aren't quite realised then I will be routing for you to remain at the summit.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Up to 14th (and 5pts off the prize money - I hadn't even realised prizes went down to 10th place with one per manager, thanks), so up 25 places on the week!

However, this pales into insignificance beside MV6 - congratulations on a great week MindVampire - I see MV6 came in 3rd in the weekly, and scored 28pts more than Cold Pigeon over that period.

Still lots of flanges to go...

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Thanks for your support chaps :D I think I now feel pretty confident that I’ll at least win £50 this year :wink:
Beyond that though… nothing is certain… after all, we still have a good 15% of the season still to play… and that could yield another 400- 500 pts :shock:

As for my recent duelling with Cold Pigeon…
His score yesterday clearly reveals he (still) has Tevez… Shame :P
Taking the positives from it though… I think It provides some possible useful information regarding his likely team over the last few weeks... I'm not sure that it really matters that much though... with 6-8 games left per team... I believe it's still better to play your own game

As for me... I'm really looking forward to the 4 day fantasy footy break we now have... watching football just for the football... it's like a treat :wink:

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

Pretty good week for me all round. Top side has stopped its slide down the top ten and is back up to 4th :D . Second side makes the top 20 for the first time as well.

On Saturday I'd lined up a few changes to some of my lesser sides to remove long term injuries. Was planning on bringing Arteta, Distin and Dunn into my Everton defence based team, but with Arteta injured just brought in Distin. Finding myself in the top 10 of the weekly leaderboard on Saturday night with 5 trannies remaining I abandoned the Dunn move to concentrate on a block defence and brought in Torres and the Liverpool back 4 to add to Reina. 17 points clear after Sunday with just Tevez to play so there was always the chance of losing out if City managed a clean sheet, but just held on to take my first ever prize from the Tele! :D

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Nicely done Chocs on the weekly win, looks like you should win a few more bob come the end of the season too :wink:

As said by others.. well played also MV as well on another excellent week. Looking back on the top 100 thread your MV6 side's been consistantly sniffing around top spot since September. Pigeon was up there back then as well, but not too many others from that end of the leaderboard who've come from further back like it's traditionally done. You've both managed to maintain such relentless high scoring since the very start, it's an amazing achievement and would be harsh (and a shock!) if either didn't finish on the podium now.

I had a stinker last night with no Tevez and fell back to 27th, was always going to be a gamble but i ditched him for Torres a couple of weeks back in a bid to win ISO. Still currently up on that deal so can't grumble too much.

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Nice one Chocs :D
1 Mr Miller Seol Hamann 269
2 Mrs Speak Welsh Dragons 266
Winning by 3 pts aye... Looks to me like you had everything under control :wink:

Also, a close thing for TSO who finished up 2nd in the manager of the month… good effort and good luck for the super long final monthly battle :)

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Northernmonkey wrote:I had a stinker last night with no Tevez and fell back to 27th, was always going to be a gamble but i ditched him for Torres a couple of weeks back in a bid to win ISO. Still currently up on that deal so can't grumble too much.
27th for an ISO team is still excellent going NM :wink:, especially when you consider the flaws in the original squad LOL :oops:

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

Cheers NM. And I hope you're right about the end of season - gives us all a bit more of a chance now prizes go down to 10th this season.

It was never under control MV, particularly with your sides featuring strongly in the weekly table yet again. I'm just enjoying being above MV6 on a leaderboard for once!

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

MindVampire wrote:
Northernmonkey wrote:I had a stinker last night with no Tevez and fell back to 27th, was always going to be a gamble but i ditched him for Torres a couple of weeks back in a bid to win ISO. Still currently up on that deal so can't grumble too much.
27th for an ISO team is still excellent going NM :wink:, especially when you consider the flaws in the original squad LOL :oops:
Not too much wrong with the initial ISO squad MV, give or take the odd enabler. Especially if you look at the state of mine now after my last MotW attempt with a strike force of Rooney, Drogba, Defoe and Zamora all failing to trouble the scorers this weekend!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Not sure how but I've crept into the Top 400 despite my only striker getting positive points this weekend being James '2 points' McFadden :shock: (good job really as it meant I passed Drogba's armband to Lampard).

My ISO team had Torres but dropped outside the top 500 :? (no Lampard).

Good luck to MV and everyone up there - shame I'm not good enough to be with you this year!

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I think I've got a presonal best weekly score this week, of 212. To go along with my record low of 15 from earlier in the season. Equally impressive in its own way :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”